The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Welcome Back Weekend Campaign(s)

ZOS_BrianWheeler
ZOS_BrianWheeler
PvP & Combat Lead
Hey gang!

For Welcome Back Weekend, we will be opening a new Non-Veteran Campaign for returning and existing players to join their buddies! This Campaign will have some slightly different rules compared to the current ones, and this post is to cover those rules and answer any questions.

First off, the Campaign will have a 48-hour cycle instead of the current 5-day cycle that already exists on Blackwater Blade.

Scoring for this Campaign is reflective of recent conversations on the forums, with the following point values per objective:

• Resources: 3 points each
• Keeps: 9 points each
• Outposts: 6 points each
• Scrolls: 9 points each

Rewards granted at the end of this Campaign duration are commensurate with Blackwater Blade and Haderus.

We will be monitoring the amount of players in queue as well as queue times during the Welcome Back Weekend. If we need to open more Campaigns to handle the load, we have several with the same rule-set ready to go.

After Welcome Back Weekend is over, these newer Campaigns will remain open for another week. We’ll monitor them and determine how many (if any) will remain open after that time frame. Any player that is assigned to a Campaign which is shut down will be rewarded in accordance to their place on the leaderboards, their reward Tier, and the Alliance Score at the time of shut down. Players assigned to any Campaign which gets shut down will also be granted a free Home Campaign reassignment.

Please join us in welcoming back players who are eager to partake in Cyrodiil warfront—we’ll see you on the battlefield!
Wheeler
ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
Staff Post
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <3
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |
    EP | Phobos | Altmer Nightblade | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Cheezus Sliced | Argonian Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 30 |
    EP | Eterno Tempesta | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 33 |
    DC | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 12 |
    DC | Divine Storm | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 04 |
    EP | Pocket Vortex | Bosmer Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 24 |
    EP | Vortexman | Redguard DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 28 |
    EP | Fungal Growth | Argonian Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Eternal Guardian | Bosmer Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 13 |
    and a few other random toons

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <3

What? You're happy that potentially new buff campaigns are out there? Until I see 2 bars+ plus on a regular basis on every campaign I won't be supporting new campaigns. Shoot, that'll just spread folks out to the point that lag won't seem like it's an issue when we all know better.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weberda wrote: »
    <3

What? You're happy that potentially new buff campaigns are out there? Until I see 2 bars+ plus on a regular basis on every campaign I won't be supporting new campaigns. Shoot, that'll just spread folks out to the point that lag won't seem like it's an issue when we all know better.

Im just happy to be getting information on changes coming to PvP...at this point good or bad Im just happy to hear anything
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt 48 hour campaign will provide any buffs of consequence either in or out of Cryodill.
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <3

idc about regular basis, because i play at prime time, and yes, we need new campaigns for this weekend. great news, ty
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <3

Im just happy to be getting information on changes coming to PvP...at this point good or bad Im just happy to hear anything

Well I can't argue with that. As usual you're spot on with that. I'm just afraid that they can't improve performance to the point where we can have a large number of players in a given campaign without paralyzing the whole infrastructure including PvE. As a result the choice will be either to live with current conditions or have PvP on underpopulated campaigns.

I don't expect ZOS to come right out and be forthright about it. I'd even like to know what (if any) of the theories advanced by many of the players regarding lag have any possible merit but I don't expect that either. Conceptually it's a really great game but when I'm "stuck in combat" for five minutes I just want to log off and go to bed.

Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree, lag is maddening.
    maybe we need better server
    Edited by Lorkhan on April 16, 2015 2:17PM
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lorkhan wrote: »
    i agree, lag is maddening.
    maybe we need better servers

This weekend doesn't concern me. I figure it's going to be pretty much a total loss regardless. It's Brian's statements about afterwords and the keeping or closing of new campaigns and the effect on PvP (or the lack thereof) long term.

Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Also note the names of campaigns for this weekend are named after former Emperors from Lore!

Morihaus <--First one we're opening that you'll see today.
    Wheeler
    Staff Post
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey gang!

For Welcome Back Weekend, we will be opening a new Non-Veteran Campaign for returning and existing players to join their buddies! ...

Good to see you guys introducing a new campaign to hopefully streamline things for returning players who may not want to wait for Blackwater.
    Interesting that it is another Non-Vet so it will have less impact on the majority of the PvP playerbase.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    <3

The new campaign is for non-vet players. These players will not be using any buffs from it to secure their positions on the Trials leaderboards.
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <3

I doubt a new non-veteran campaign will become a buff server. Blackwater is pop locked quite a lot.
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »
    <3

I doubt a new non-veteran campaign will become a buff server. Blackwater is pop locked quite a lot.

Maybe I'm interpreting his statement differently than you guys. He says they're going to monitor queue times etc. I took this statement on down as applying to all campaigns, vet and non-vet, old and new.

Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <3

Maybe I'm interpreting his statement differently than you guys. He says they're going to monitor queue times etc. I took this statement on down as applying to all campaigns, vet and non-vet, old and new.

Yes, I read this the same way Weberda did, I thought Brian meant that if need be, he will open up new Vet campaigns as well.
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

• Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <3

I really think he means monitoring the queue times for the two non-vet.

Regardless, if they open up a new veteran campaign, it won't become a buff server. Trust me.. ;)
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also note the names of campaigns for this weekend are named after former Emperors from Lore!

Please name one Martin Septim.

Dragon Emperor is best Emperor.

Plus, can't anyone take a moment to remember Sean Bean? Dies in everything he's in.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Garbrac
    Garbrac
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_BrianWheeler Will players receive an free campaign switch for this weekend? Recently Both Az and Chillrend have reset and a lot of players have changed their home/guest campaign making it impossible for them to switch to the new campaign when it is opened.

Will you be allowing those players to make the switch or will they have to wait for their timer to expire?
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Plus, can't anyone take a moment to remember Sean Bean? Dies in everything he's in.

What would you call it - "Beanerus? Beanblade? Chillibean?

Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

:D

Ok, that one was funny.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭

:D

Ok, that one was funny.

Can't play on Chillibean - too much lag...gas.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey gang!

For Welcome Back Weekend, we will be opening a new Non-Veteran Campaign for returning and existing players to join their buddies! This Campaign will have some slightly different rules compared to the current ones, and this post is to cover those rules and answer any questions.

Just to be clear, the campaigns you have planned to open are ONLY NON-VET? Any plans on a Vet ONLY campaign? (No autoleveled characters.)
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    <3

Also you can't home there if you are a vet, so it wouldn't have much an impact on pve.
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Brian, your original post sounds like there is one non vet campaign opening. You second post sounds like there will be multiple campaigns opening. Which is it? If multiple, will they all be non vet?
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Since almost all players coming back with this event will be fresh players, any other campaigns we open this weekend will also be Non-Vet.

We are also not giving away a free home reassign when WBW starts for current players.
    Wheeler
    Staff Post
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really wish they were able to join existing ones. DC on Thornblade has been dead, dead, dead. We're always outnumbered about 5 to 1 in any single battle. It's so damn discouraging, especially since there's no benefits to even trying when you're that outnumbered.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since almost all players coming back with this event will be fresh players, any other campaigns we open this weekend will also be Non-Vet.

We are also not giving away a free home reassign when WBW starts for current players.

Thanks for the clarification. Just remembered, this WBW is Beta testers who never subbed, and did not come back with the B2P announcement. I hope you guys are not over-estimating how many players fall in that small subset.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    I really wish they were able to join existing ones. DC on Thornblade has been dead, dead, dead. We're always outnumbered about 5 to 1 in any single battle. It's so damn discouraging, especially since there's no benefits to even trying when you're that outnumbered.

Convice the some masses of DC on Chill or Azuras to come back.
  • Garbrac
    Garbrac
    ✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    Preyfar wrote: »

AZ is dead, it's a EP campaign. Most DC is that PvPs is on Chill now, and
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Also note, there is nothing stopping any of the players that get to 10 from WBW to join any campaign they want. We just opened a non-vet since the majority of them will be non-vet.
    Wheeler
    Staff Post
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    Yeah, right. It's like the moment we start losing/get pushback in any campaign half of DC transfers to another server.