The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Second ESO Orienteering Challenge Overview

ZOS_KaiSchober
Greetings Explorers!

This weekend, the ESO Orienteering Challenge will once again test your cross-country navigation skills with four tracks for you to explore.

On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at the given time, you’ll find a thread with a clue for the starting point and a list of landmarks to find linked in this post. Follow the clues to the final destination, take a screenshot of your character performing the mentioned emote, and prove your worth as an explorer in Tamriel!

Challenge #1 – Thursday, April 16th at 9:00PM EDT
Challenge #2 – Friday, April 17th at 1:00PM EDT
Challenge #3 – Saturday, April 18th at 11:00AM EDT
Challenge #4 – Sunday, April 19st at 3:00PM EDT

You can read the full contest rules here.

Good luck and safe travels!

Kai Schober
Senior Community Manager - The Elder Scrolls Online
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch
Staff Post
  • Daenerys
    Daenerys
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was an Orienteering Challenge to find info on this challenge! I had to google to find this... maybe you could sticky it at the top? :( Guess I have one chance left to try and participate, but it sure would have been nice to know when this was happening ahead of time. Yes, I see it was posted on the 14th, but since I'm the first comment, pretty sure this was buried :/
  • DobbaDeuce
    DobbaDeuce
    ✭✭✭
    Daenerys wrote: »
    It was an Orienteering Challenge to find info on this challenge! I had to google to find this... maybe you could sticky it at the top? :( Guess I have one chance left to try and participate, but it sure would have been nice to know when this was happening ahead of time. Yes, I see it was posted on the 14th, but since I'm the first comment, pretty sure this was buried :/
    Yeah I'm in the same boat, these challenges did not get nearly enough love. Each thread only has a handful of views:

This thread: 842 views
    Day 1: 838 views
    Day 2: 378 views
    Day 3: 266 views

That's 2324 TOTAL, including obscenely low view numbers for Friday and Saturday. Since there wasn't a clear announcement I assumed they hadn't started yet, only to realize that when I finally found this page Saturday at noon, I had already missed 3 challenges!

It was a bit disappointing since I love this sort of thing and had a blast with the last round. I guess those that could find them had pretty soft competition :s

EDIT: Annndddd the last one is in an area I've never been to. Oh well.
    Edited by DobbaDeuce on April 19, 2015 7:04PM
    Tamriel-616 - A Chronicle of Tamriel's Heroes
    Jollo | Daggerfall | Templar | Lvl 47 | Blackwater Blade
    Vidarr
    | Ebonheart | Sorcerer | Lvl 26 | Chillrend
    J'Pummra
    | Aldmeri | Dragonknight | Lvl 13 | Thornblade
  • Chevie
    Chevie
    ✭✭✭
    It's 3:10pm and still no link for 4th Challenge... gettin' antzy here! lol.

EDIT: Now 3:22pm EDT... and still nothing =/
    Edited by Chevie on April 19, 2015 7:23PM
  • Chevie
    Chevie
    ✭✭✭
    So, ZOS, are you not doing this today? It's currently 4:08pm EDT....
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P9Dyv5E.jpg
    signing off
  • Chevie
    Chevie
    ✭✭✭
    haha! @Acrolas nicely played!
  • Takhistis
    Takhistis
    ✭✭✭
    NA-DC-NB VR1 Ilythrian
    Proud member of Guild Medieval, More Than Fair, The Angry Unicorn Inn
  • Chevie
    Chevie
    ✭✭✭
    I see... however the past three days they have been linking the new challenge into this thread, and they did not. I was unaware to look elsewhere.
  • tsuchiya.anoncub18_ESO
    Waited all weekend for the challenge to start only to find it had already ended. Would have been great if the info was posted in an easier to find location. =/
    Feel free to check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/theblackbeltpanda
    Currently at 70,000 subscribers and growing! =D
  • criscal
    criscal
    ✭✭✭
    Well,

I didn't know about this in the first place - they should have put it on the news of the loader like last time really :(.