The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

DK build with +63% heavy attacks damage

stereoviewer
Ignitious weapons and Forward momentum gives +63% damage on heavy attacks. Stampede is a gap closer and adds good damage. Then Obsidian shard for CC, followed by a few heavy attacks, then Obsidian shard, and then spamming Executioner. I really don't need Magicka nor Stamina for this build, so all points in Health. Comments? http://www.esohead.com/calculator/skills#1.mzVzx9VW9M8wAv28wABe8wAlp8GRFv8GRHa8Gsda85op7JMdBvT6MdBvj6MdBEI6MdBEp6cdBET8T7J68x7Crsfr6rsff6Lsfw8B7bLzRf6rzsa6rzsq8zR7zzEwXB8zf7zzNbo8zu7zzHfYE6zHfZd8zG7zzHQ3F8zI7zzJIoX6zJIkL8zN7zzJZcY8zA7zzKpUN8zL7zzK4EX
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some people prefer cucumbers pickled.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
    Options
  • Obscure
    Obscure
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suggestion:
    - Use Molten Armaments morph, turns up the damage a lot
    - Use the Undaunted Infiltrator set (all divines trait)
    - Use the Spawn of Mephala set
    - Use the Warrior Mundus Stone
    - Use Degeneration (morph of Entropy) to trigger Might of the Guild for Empower which will boost your next attack by 20%.

Enjoy the slaughter fest with more damage on heavy attacks than your skills. I use it with Dual Wield + Bow... I'm near finished with the spec and I'll post a build video when done :wink:

Edited by Obscure on March 26, 2015 8:47PM
    Options
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    obsidian shard is block/reflect-able (use petrify). wrecking blow > heavy attack. max stam will keep u alive longer than pure max health.
    Options
  • golfer.dub17_ESO
    golfer.dub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm...

I used both Rally and Igneous Weapons, then tried both dizzying swing and heavy attacks on random V10 mobs as a V11.
    Usually I got around (non-crit):

5764 Dizzying Swing
    5856 Heavy Attacks

That my Heavy Attacks are doing basically just as much damage as a wrecking blow would leaves me curious.
    Edited by golfer.dub17_ESO on March 26, 2015 9:20PM
    Options
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    meh, i get around 9-10k WB
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obscure wrote: »
    - Use Degeneration (morph of Entropy) to trigger Might of the Guild for Empower which will boost your next attack by 20%.

Doesn't that only boost spell damage?

[edit] just checked, boosts everything, however wrecking blow itself also gives the empower buff so degeneration is kinda redundant and takes up a slot(if you use 2h, that is).
    Edited by Sharee on March 26, 2015 9:35PM
    Options
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in Cyrodiil i run 27k healt - 25k stam -12k mag. 5med, 1hvy, 1lgt.
    2H i run 5hundings and 5ravager
    1 crit rush
    2 fossilize
    3 wrecking blow
    4 executioner
    5 forward momentum
    U flawless dawnbreaker
    Options
  • Obscure
    Obscure
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Obscure wrote: »

Doesn't that only boost spell damage?

[edit] just checked, boosts everything, however wrecking blow itself also gives the empower buff so degeneration is kinda redundant and takes up a slot(if you use 2h, that is).

Yeah I use Dual Wield (swords for the damage increase) and Bow (Scorched Earth AoE + Eruption AoE + Bombard). Degeneration is cheap and easy to put in a Stamina focused rotation, and when I proc the heal effect with all that damage I do I get massive self heals buffed by Igneous Shield. It's a PvE spec at the moment too, but I think with a touch of Immovable so you aren't CC spammed before you can ever land a heavy arrack and some Corrosive Armour 100% resist bypass it could be gnarly... maybe. Still finishing the build (effin' helmet refuses to drop for me in grotto!), but suffice it to say Degeneration is a solid selling point for it.
    Options
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like a solid build. Molten armaments is probably the better morph like mentioned above but yeah! Dk stam can be so powerful. Little need for abilities when heavies hit that hard :D I run caster still but would be interested to see what builds you guys are running. Any links?
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
    Options
  • stereoviewer
    Warraxx wrote: »
    1 crit rush
    2 fossilize
    3 wrecking blow
    4 executioner
    5 forward momentum
    U flawless dawnbreaker

Thanks! Some questions: Isn't it better to be able to hit more times during a Obsidian shard/Stone giant than one time, as with Fossilize? Also, why do you put Forward Momentum so low in the sequence? Isn't it better to do it right after Fossilize - that would add damage to the other skills, right?
    Options
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ignitious weapons and Forward momentum gives +63% damage on heavy attacks. Stampede is a gap closer and adds good damage. Then Obsidian shard for CC, followed by a few heavy attacks, then Obsidian shard, and then spamming Executioner. I really don't need Magicka nor Stamina for this build, so all points in Health. Comments? http://www.esohead.com/calculator/skills#1.mzVzx9VW9M8wAv28wABe8wAlp8GRFv8GRHa8Gsda85op7JMdBvT6MdBvj6MdBEI6MdBEp6cdBET8T7J68x7Crsfr6rsff6Lsfw8B7bLzRf6rzsa6rzsq8zR7zzEwXB8zf7zzNbo8zu7zzHfYE6zHfZd8zG7zzHQ3F8zI7zzJIoX6zJIkL8zN7zzJZcY8zA7zzKpUN8zL7zzK4EX

You'll need some stamina though, because the more stamina you have the more damage your heavy attacks will do. If you go no stamina then your heavy attacks will hit like a noodle despite the buffs. +63% of very low is still very low. And with the massive nerf to health, I don't see any reason why anyone would want to invest in health anymore. You get more value for your buck investing in stamina.
    Edited by Zsymon on March 27, 2015 9:43AM
    Options
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have tried this, cast time is just too long on heavy attacks
    Options
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 crit rush
    2 fossilize
    3 wrecking blow
    4 executioner
    5 forward momentum
    U flawless dawnbreaker

Thanks! Some questions: Isn't it better to be able to hit more times during a Obsidian shard/Stone giant than one time, as with Fossilize? Also, why do you put Forward Momentum so low in the sequence? Isn't it better to do it right after Fossilize - that would add damage to the other skills, right?

deleted
    Edited by Warraxx on March 27, 2015 2:10PM
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 crit rush
    2 fossilize
    3 wrecking blow
    4 executioner
    5 forward momentum
    U flawless dawnbreaker

That's his skill bar, not the order of his rotation.

Full heavy attacks take too long to finish so they will always be a DPS loss. That being said, increasing their potency can be very effective to boost medium weave damage or if you use them to replenish resources.
    Options
  • Obscure
    Obscure
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 crit rush
    2 fossilize
    3 wrecking blow
    4 executioner
    5 forward momentum
    U flawless dawnbreaker

That's his skill bar, not the order of his rotation.

Full heavy attacks take too long to finish so they will always be a DPS loss. That being said, increasing their potency can be very effective to boost medium weave damage or if you use them to replenish resources.

This is the draw back the build faces. Weighted weapons make it slightly better, but either way the only method I've found to compensate is to time the fully charged attack animation for a skill cancel to a block cancel and back to the heavy attack. It's how I use degeneration in my current rotation:

1) Molten Armaments [skip if still active]
    2) Tap Block for cancel
    3) Degeneration
    4) Tap Block for Cancel
    5) Heavy Attack
    6) Degeneration for cancel
    7) Tap Block for cancel
    8) Heavy Attack
    9) Degeneration for cancel
    10) REPEAT

Puts Empower up for each heavy attack, but it's a very methodical weave. Having Magicka drain enchants is a good option to keep from burning out the resource, though I don't use them at the moment. I do use Max monumental Magicka cost reduction glyphs to drop cost by 600, so I can generally can sustain a really high DPS before I need to pot to recover Magicka.

Options
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove this thread please!!!!!!! Dont make it spread all around! There are enough big hits already
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
    Options
  • ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soris_ESO wrote: »
    Remove this thread please!!!!!!! Dont make it spread all around! There are enough big hits already

That's a really stupid statement.

Also, if this game had any sense, it would be:

light attacks < skills < heavy attacks

With skills only having a bit of damage advantage over light attacks, but having some additional functionality (that's why they exist..), while heavy attacks would have few times more damage.. so your DPS stays roughly the same whether you spam instant attacks or slow but deadly swings.
    Putting most damage into skills just throws the balance to hell. Why would you then have a heavy attack that takes 2x longer to use than a skill, but deal half the damage. That's just 4x less potent. Zenimax's balance team just doesn't see that I guess.
    Options
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArRashid wrote: »
    Soris_ESO wrote: »

That's a really stupid statement.

Also, if this game had any sense, it would be:

light attacks < skills < heavy attacks

With skills only having a bit of damage advantage over light attacks, but having some additional functionality (that's why they exist..), while heavy attacks would have few times more damage.. so your DPS stays roughly the same whether you spam instant attacks or slow but deadly swings.
    Putting most damage into skills just throws the balance to hell. Why would you then have a heavy attack that takes 2x longer to use than a skill, but deal half the damage. That's just 4x less potent. Zenimax's balance team just doesn't see that I guess.

Because skills cost something to use where heavy attacks are free and return resources back based on its type. It would make sense if this game was Mount & Blade and skills were there just for buffing and healing. But it's not.
    Your statement is stupider.
    Also my first post was just for fun.

Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
    Options