The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

White meat

Blo0dstorm
Blo0dstorm
✭✭✭
Where do you get white meat from?
Haven't found a single piece since 1.6.
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kill monkeys...the other, other white meat. Yes, I'm serious.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • Blo0dstorm
    Blo0dstorm
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like killing small creatures, the ones like monkeys, foxes, squirrels...
    Even hated to kill netches for the achievement :grin:
    Ty for the answer tho, will have to turn into a hunter.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pigs. too, I think. Just like RL. :p
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Pork is red meat IRL.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Pork is red meat IRL.
    I'm guessing you're too young to remember this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pork._The_Other_White_Meat
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Pork is red meat IRL.
    I'm guessing you're too young to remember this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pork._The_Other_White_Meat
    Too young and too European to know American advertising slogans. But this is hilarious. "Pork: Be inspired." :D
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blo0dstorm wrote: »
    I don't like killing small creatures, the ones like monkeys, foxes, squirrels...
    Then buy it from other Players who mercilessly slaughtered those cute little critters to loot White Meat ;)

• Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pork is red meat IRL.
    Too young and too European to know American advertising slogans. But this is hilarious. "Pork: Be inspired." :D

I think the UK and Commonwealth countries also ran it, I know Australia did. White meat is actually a reference to how it looks when cooked, as I think some fish are red when fresh too. White meat can be classified in the cooking sense as Fish, Birds, Pigs and *cough* Primates. I think there are several other mammals whose flesh becomes white when cooked but I don't recall what they are, other than omnivorous.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pork is red meat IRL.

I think the UK and Commonwealth countries also ran it, I know Australia did. White meat is actually a reference to how it looks when cooked, as I think some fish are red when fresh too. White meat can be classified in the cooking sense as Fish, Birds, Pigs and *cough* Primates. I think there are several other mammals whose flesh becomes white when cooked but I don't recall what they are, other than omnivorous.
    I don't live in an English-speaking country. :)

It isn't always classified by color when cooked, else we wouldn't be dealing with this pork conundrum. The color comes from myoglobin, which in turn depends on the type of muscle. The problem is that the concentration of myoglobin is a continuum and you have to arbitrarily put a border somewhere. So you have high myoglobin meat like beef, red when raw and cooked. Then something in the middle like pork or turkey thighs, and the palest meat like chicken breast.

USDA classifies all mammals as red meat while poultry, fish and seafood are white meat. But ducks and ostriches are red when raw, so are fast-swimming fish like tuna or shark. You can totally make a tuna steak which remains dark pink inside. As for mammals, I'm not sure, but sprinters like cheetah could be white?
  • Singular
    Singular
    ✭✭✭✭

Trust me, no animals will actually die.
    War, give me war, give me war.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pork is red meat IRL.

I don't live in an English-speaking country. :)

It isn't always classified by color when cooked, else we wouldn't be dealing with this pork conundrum. The color comes from myoglobin, which in turn depends on the type of muscle. The problem is that the concentration of myoglobin is a continuum and you have to arbitrarily put a border somewhere. So you have high myoglobin meat like beef, red when raw and cooked. Then something in the middle like pork or turkey thighs, and the palest meat like chicken breast.

USDA classifies all mammals as red meat while poultry, fish and seafood are white meat. But ducks and ostriches are red when raw, so are fast-swimming fish like tuna or shark. You can totally make a tuna steak which remains dark pink inside. As for mammals, I'm not sure, but sprinters like cheetah could be white?

The thing is, as a Kiwi of polynesian descent, given the "other white meat" line I make jokes at the tabletop RPG's of "The Other White Meat" (making reference to "long pig").

# edit: Yes, I know making jokes about "Long Pig" is very crass but Tabletop Gamers as a group can be rather crass :).
    Edited by Woolenthreads on March 23, 2015 9:47AM
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ostrich... the other white meat.
  • Zimnel
    Zimnel
    ✭✭✭
    It's being a bit difficult for me too finding white meat and I had to toss one at the first provisioning quest to get my certificate n.n

I'll be looking into small animals, but they're not the preys I like to chase : /
    Anyway thanks for the tip.
  • Sighlynce
    Sighlynce
    ✭✭✭
    Guar are white meat
    "What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zimnel wrote: »
    It's being a bit difficult for me too finding white meat and I had to toss one at the first provisioning quest to get my certificate n.n

I'll be looking into small animals, but they're not the preys I like to chase : /
    Anyway thanks for the tip.

Goto Grahtwood or Greenshade for monkeys. Theree are tons all along the roads that just sit there waiting to be eaten.
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get White Meat all the time from Provisioning Writs, which tells me that they Guild Stores will have this for sale too.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Zimnel
    Zimnel
    ✭✭✭
    They have it for sale but at a very ludicrous price. Thanks on the monkey tip, I just can't kill guars for the sake of getting the meat :______ Lovely and cuddly creatures they are XD
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any pigs in game that I've killed have dropped white meat. So when you see it, drop it!
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    Kill 'em all! Let the Cooks (and the Guild Stores) sort it out! lol
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daggerbacks in Craglorn drop it too.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Max2497
    Max2497
    ✭✭✭
    Just buy it from the guild stores. I'll kill them for you!
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bears as well. Picked up some off of a bear on a recent direfrost run.
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.
  • YourNameHere
    YourNameHere
    ✭✭✭
    Also try deer.
    NA Megaserver / RPer
    Alinyssa Gaethar - AD || Raahni-do - AD || Wind-In-Tree's-Shadow - DC
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also try deer.
    Deer drop game.
  • YourNameHere
    YourNameHere
    ✭✭✭
    Also try deer.
    Deer drop game.

Ah .. gotcha.
    NA Megaserver / RPer
    Alinyssa Gaethar - AD || Raahni-do - AD || Wind-In-Tree's-Shadow - DC
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the middle of south Auridon is an abandoned house. It's a named location, Monkey's Rest i think. Run around the house and keep murdering.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Terminus1
    Terminus1
    ✭✭✭
    I find white meat in delves in baskets - pretty often.

Open your eyes when visiting almost any city. There are vendors all over that have meats hanging from the top of their stalls. Houses and inns in the cities have food all over the place. Many times you can take it without it being considered stolen.

Speaking of stealing...

you can steal ingredients from all over Tamriel and launder it. It costs 1 gold to launder stolen ingredients. I get a LOT of my harder to find ingredients through this method.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kill monkeys...the other, other white meat. Yes, I'm serious.
    Yep and pigs.
  • merrypranxter
    merrypranxter
    ✭✭

Not me! I love it. I’ll run around Rivenspire all damn day squashing bunnies & squirrels (& foxes & horkers & centipedes & all the things). There’s something so oddly satisfying about it. Use your gap closer (I think they call it? I’m not great at the lingo yet). You can just slingshot yourself across the map, from bunnie to squirrel to deer to wtfever else. It’s really fun. Yeah, I know, I’m a dork 🤣

And then I sell lots of bait & game from it and that’s how I make my money.

BTW- horkers are also white meat, and there’s a crap ton of them on the northern shorelines, and they respawn fast.
    Edited by merrypranxter on May 2, 2019 4:19AM
  • merrypranxter
    merrypranxter
    ✭✭
    I spend like 80% of my time playing farming this stuff- here’s some tips-

GAME

• Wrothgar- the green part. Port to a wayshrine and look around. Elk. Everywhere. Kill them.

• Goats Head Oasis Wayshrine in Alik’r Desert- alllllllllllll the goats. You’re tripping over goats. Nobody owns these goats. They’re fair game. Literally.

WHITE MEAT

•monkeys. Greenshade.... Grahtwood... around there.
    • horkers! Go to the northern shores of Wrothgar & Rivenspire. Also while you’re whacking horkers, get the chub loon birds too. There’s billions. They hang out with the horkers and drop poultry.

SMALL GAME:

• 2 words: FELL’S RUN. Northernish Rivenspire. Squirrels & rabbits for days. AND BONUS- a decent amount of sheep and cattle in and out of pens that are owned b people but those people obviously don’t give a fuuuu... because it says stolen and I have to launder it, but I’ve never seen anyone around or gotten caught.

I might add to this later but I want to go squash more bunnies now.
    Edited by merrypranxter on May 2, 2019 4:31AM