The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Data Mining] Previous (future?) Aldmeri Dominion Storyline

LadyNerevar
LadyNerevar
✭✭✭
Link to Document

I dug up what used to be the storyline for Alinor, a region in the south of the main island of Summerset Isles. Although this looks like it's pre-release content, much of it could easily transfer into an update.

Ayrenn enlists your help to gain the allegiance of the lords of the region, which is currently being attacked by Maormer. The Maormer have managed to disrupt the magical power grid of the region, and replaced Auri-El with Orgnavar (a necromantic totem planet created in conjunction with the Sload), causing further mythical disruption to the area. There's also sentient books attacking people, mass enslavement of Daedric servants for menial labor, ships that can sail through land, and a whole lot of other really awesome stuff.

I've grouped the dialog and journal entries into rough categories with summaries, but it's still a lot of text. Enjoy!
Librarian at the Imperial Library
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't really have anything to say as I haven't read it yet, but I don't want to let it fall off the recent thread list because... Dominion. With all previous announcements related to any location but AD, any potential storylines for that faction are of interest to me. Even if they are never used. Thanks for digging it up. :)

That Orrery business vaguely reminds me of Craglorn.
    Edited by Rosveen on March 21, 2015 1:08AM
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dug up what used to be the storyline for Alinor, a region in the south of the main island of Summerset Isles. Although this looks like it's pre-release content, much of it could easily transfer into an update.

Apologies for gatecrashing your thread slightly, but would you be able to point me at the tools you used to dig this up? I love data mining but so far I've drawn a blank on any way to read the files which make up ESO.
  • LadyNerevar
    LadyNerevar
    ✭✭✭
    @adriant1978 Send me a PM with your email and I can forward you the file :)
    Edited by LadyNerevar on March 23, 2015 3:37AM
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LadyNerevar I doubt they'll ever add Alinor, if you google search the map for all the planned regions, Alinor isn't one of them, and not already starting on the island of Alinor is an obvious sign that they probably don't want to add it. Also, even in this time period. It would essentially stress and bend lore in ways unimaginable if they let any other races other than merchants on the docks wander around the island... Because no one ever did, not even Septim.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • LadyNerevar
    LadyNerevar
    ✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    @LadyNerevar I doubt they'll ever add Alinor, if you google search the map for all the planned regions, Alinor isn't one of them

It is, actually. It's the southern third of Summerset - unlabeled on the map, but demarkated. I also don't think that map is a good indication of what is and isn't planed as of today. Tenmar is marked yellow, as if it was already in game, but there's no data about it in the file. Alinor isn't market at all, but, as this thread shows, it looks like it went through quite a bit of development before being cut.

As for isolationist policies, well, ESO already did away with that for Auridon. I would say that this data is far, far closer to PGE-Summerset than what we saw in the game. According to the PGE, Alinor had only been forbidden for the past 50 years, and had previously been visited by Reman's dignitaries, which leaves a long span of time for the player to get in and out.
    Edited by LadyNerevar on March 23, 2015 4:46AM
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    @LadyNerevar I doubt they'll ever add Alinor, if you google search the map for all the planned regions, Alinor isn't one of them

It is, actually. It's the southern third of Summerset - unlabeled on the map, but demarkated. I also don't think that map is a good indication of what is and isn't planed as of today. Tenmar is marked yellow, as if it was already in game, but there's no data about it in the file. Alinor isn't market at all, but, as this thread shows, it looks like it went through quite a bit of development before being cut.

As for isolationist policies, well, ESO already did away with that for Auridon. I would say that this data is far, far closer to PGE-Summerset than what we saw in the game. According to the PGE, Alinor had only been forbidden for the past 50 years, and had previously been visited by Reman's dignitaries, which leaves a long span of time for the player to get in and out.

Visited by foreign dignitaries and merchants at the docks is different than a "filthy cat" wandering around the mainland so to speak. If they ever added Alinor I sincerely hope that our characters are fugitives and KoS in major settlements, Altmer are xenophobic, Auridon is different than Alinor, the more accepting live there, and even then, you can hear them mutter insults and what not. You seriously think regardless of what Ayrenn says that the majority of Altmer society would stand by as men and beast waltz around their home? I certainly wouldn't... It's like inviting your next door neighbor into your house to eat your food and use your bedroom, and you don't even know the guy.

As for what went through development and what didn't, the game has more things that didn't go through than did. Who knows, I just hope that if they ever add it, it's done very well so that you can't putz around the mainland without being lynched by the Altmer, it'd just be so totally non-sensical.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • LadyNerevar
    LadyNerevar
    ✭✭✭
    Totally non-sensical for PGE-Altmer, sure. For ESO Altmer? No. They're a lot more open than anything the PGE wrote about, even accounting for the border region nature of Auridon. And, like I said, this datamined stuff incorporates a lot from the PGE, like deadly sentient books, rigid social hierarchy, and the suggestion of an Altmeri obsession with breeding.