Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Explorers Pack in Crown Store - say it ain't so!

MorHawk
MorHawk
✭✭✭✭✭
So I just saw a promo vid for TU:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6KV3DsoEUw
I can't find the original, but there's a disturbing screenshot at 1:41:
11015876_10153086442885630_674211505_n.jpg?oh=bbad6c579cb5c13f1a15b694760afbce&oe=5508FC04&__gda__=1426714736_4b83b9cc04f6f32f1a1cd1b678747bd4

There's a symbol there that looks *very* much like the "any race, any alliance" feature of the Explorers Pack.
So yeah. It's not on the PTS, but I'm just raising a stink in advance, in case ZOS is thinking about doing anything stupid here...
Observant wrote: »
I can count to potato.
another topic that cant see past its own farts.
WWJLHD?
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why not? The Explorer's Pack was the sole reason why I pre-ordered, but I'd be happy if it was available to everyone. It isn't Elder Scrolls if you aren't free to choose your allegiance independently of race.
    Options
  • hueyb14_ESO
    What are you thinking is stupid about them selling convenience items?
    Options
  • Ashigaru
    Ashigaru
    ✭✭✭✭
    MorHawk wrote: »
    11015876_10153086442885630_674211505_n.jpg?oh=bbad6c579cb5c13f1a15b694760afbce&oe=5508FC04&__gda__=1426714736_4b83b9cc04f6f32f1a1cd1b678747bd4

There's a symbol there that looks *very* much like the "any race, any alliance" feature of the Explorers Pack.
    So yeah. It's not on the PTS, but I'm just raising a stink in advance, in case ZOS is thinking about doing anything stupid here...

Looks to me from the bags it might be maybe starter gear and potions and such. Why try to start a stink about something you know nothing about, why do you think they didnt show us on the PTS what is all in the store.... you exact post lol and i can guarantee there will be many posts like this once it goes live.
    Options
  • psufan5
    psufan5
    ✭✭✭✭

I just want more people to play with. Stop whining please.

Surgical Incision
    Former Emperor
    USPS4
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you upset because it would no longer be a preorder exclusive, or upset it'll be $15 extra?
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashigaru wrote: »

Looks to me from the bags it might be maybe starter gear and potions and such. Why try to start a stink about something you know nothing about, why do you think they didnt show us on the PTS what is all in the store.... you exact post lol and i can guarantee there will be many posts like this once it goes live.

The bags are the treasure maps.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That icon between bantam guar and the chest, it's the alliance symbols - the same icon as play any race in any alliance. The four chest would contain maps. Just why a guar, not a scuttler? Are they keeping this one exclusive?
    Options
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think so, as the price is lower than that for the Imperial Upgrade, which makes no sense.

I hadn't noticed when I watched this earlier but ROFLMAO at "Cyrodiil: Improved Campaigns & Rule Sets."

Not only is this not true, but I can't even figure out what they could possibly mean that they're trying to spin into "improvements". Taking out FCs and... nothing else has changed except it's not like the time where there were weeks of 3 FPS on Thorn a long time ago, but still as laggy as ever.
    Options
  • Mr.Hmm
    Mr.Hmm
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont care about anything else but Explorers Pack SHOULD NOT be sold!, it was pre-order only item ffs...

And yes that icon in the Adventurer Pack is definitely Explorers Pack Icon and I know that because i have the pack unlocked in my account.
    If I die tomorrow I do not want to think of the game I could of played today, therefor I will play whatever I want today while securing a future to play in as well.

A true gamer will think of all the possible outcomes and execute the one that is the hardest to accomplish.
    Options
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Why not? The Explorer's Pack was the sole reason why I pre-ordered, but I'd be happy if it was available to everyone. It isn't Elder Scrolls if you aren't free to choose your allegiance independently of race.

As I said at the start, it was a mistake to limit it at all if they were going to let pre-orders get it.
    I agree, it should be universal, but promising it as an exclusive for pre-orders and then 'changing their minds' and selling it off is a pretty scumbag move, especially when it's not on the PTS. If they were going to pull this stunt, they could at least let us know in advance instead of keeping us in the dark until it's already happened. It's the complete lack of transparency that gets me.
    Edited by MorHawk on March 16, 2015 6:35PM
    I can count to potato.
    WWJLHD?
    Options
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have to agree. I feel kinda pissed that I've been sold lies. But it'll be nice that people aren't pigeon holed into a specific alliance. Will help with population balance.
    Edited by Zhoyzu on March 16, 2015 6:34PM
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

Options
  • Shehriazad
    Shehriazad
    ✭✭
    People who really wanted it always had access to it.

On key sale sites the explorer DLC costs about 2$. I should know...because that's where I got mine. Those sites got thousands of those laying around ready to be sold for 2$/€.

So why is it suddenly an issue that Zenimax is suddenly trying to make it more official? This is only good...because some of those key sites are shady.
    Edited by Shehriazad on March 16, 2015 6:35PM
    Options
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And why shouldn't this be in the Crown Store? Give me one good reason. It would be a great seller for ZOS and all it does is give the players that want it more options. It's a win win. Unless you think per-ordering the game should make you more special than someone else. Gimme a break.

People can go to G2A or similar websites and buy the explorer's pack now, it would be stupid for ZOS to not capitalize on the interest.
    Edited by LtCrunch on March 16, 2015 6:36PM
    NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    psufan5 wrote: »

I just want more people to play with. Stop whining please.

quoted, because is the perfect answer :)

and now we should, -forwardslashclosethreadty
    Edited by Gilvoth on March 16, 2015 6:35PM
    Options
  • Ashigaru
    Ashigaru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr.Hmm wrote: »
    I dont care about anything else but Explorers Pack SHOULD NOT be sold!, it was pre-order only item ffs...

And yes that icon in the Adventurer Pack is definitely Explorers Pack Icon and I know that because i have the pack unlocked in my account.

So was the imperial edition but we saw what happened with that. ZoS is out for the dollar they dont care about what it looks like to us as long as their bottom line improves.
    Options
  • Mpcolson
    Mpcolson
    ✭✭✭
    The Digital Imperial Edition has been available for $20 bucks in the Bethesda Store since launch. That gave you the Any Race any Alliance ability.

The Explorers pack that had all the maps and a couple other pets was said to not ever be for sale after launch.

The graphic you post does not have any detailed information as to what is in that Adventurer Bundle... but really?? Does anyone really care if you can buy a pack that provides all the maps?? I only ever looked for the one in Audrion and Khenarthi's Roost. After that I just didn't see the rewards being worth the effort.

This is much ado about nothing....

Edited by Mpcolson on March 16, 2015 6:37PM
    Options
  • Nyteshade
    Nyteshade
    ✭✭✭
    Lat time I looked (about a month ago) Amazon still had retail copies of the game that included the explorers pack, and you can still buy it separately online for 5 bucks. Whether it was pitched as a pre order exclusive or not, it isn't. Just fyi.
    Options
  • Mr.Hmm
    Mr.Hmm
    ✭✭✭✭
    :( there goes the special feeling I had ..... Good Going ZoS.... Good Going
    Edited by Mr.Hmm on March 16, 2015 6:36PM
    If I die tomorrow I do not want to think of the game I could of played today, therefor I will play whatever I want today while securing a future to play in as well.

A true gamer will think of all the possible outcomes and execute the one that is the hardest to accomplish.
    Options
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mpcolson wrote: »
    The Digital Imperial Edition has been available for $20 bucks in the Bethesda Store since launch. That gave you the Any Race any Alliance ability.

The Explorers pack that had all the maps and a couple other pets was said to not ever be for sale after launch.

The graphic you post does have any information as to what is in that Adventurer Bundle... but really?? Does anyone really care if you can buy a pack that provides all the maps?? I only ever looked for the one in Audrion and Khenarthi's Roost. After that I just didn't see the rewards being worth the effort.

Imperial Edition does not give you any race in any faction. It gives you the Imperial race in any faction.
    NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

Options
  • Kalfis
    Kalfis
    ✭✭✭✭
    This was confirmed awhile back.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on March 16, 2015 7:08PM
    Options
  • Ashigaru
    Ashigaru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mpcolson wrote: »

The graphic you post does not have any detailed information as to what is in that Adventurer Bundle... but really?? Does anyone really care if you can buy a pack that provides all the maps?? I only ever looked for the one in Audrion and Khenarthi's Roost. After that I just didn't see the rewards being worth the effort.

your right it has but it wasnt supposed to be it was one of the buying points of pre ordering and after the pre order was over WOW we can buy it not and we didnt have to preorder to get it.
    Options
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shehriazad wrote: »
    People who really wanted it always had access to it.

On key sale sites the explorer DLC costs about 2$. I should know...because that's where I got mine. Those sites got thousands of those laying around ready to be sold for 2$/€.

So why is it suddenly an issue that Zenimax is suddenly trying to make it more official? This is only good...because some of those key sites are shady.

Thanks for the info, I was not aware of this.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
    Options
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zhoyzu wrote: »

I have to agree. I feel kinda pissed that I've been sold lies. But it'll be nice that people aren't pigeon holed into a specific alliance. Will help with population balance.

This, pretty much.
    Edited by MorHawk on March 16, 2015 6:47PM
    I can count to potato.
    WWJLHD?
    Options
  • Ashigaru
    Ashigaru
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just wish that they would have bag or bank improvement in the store, i would buy those in a heartbeat.
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and by the way,
    they ruined the loyalty rewards by prooving that not only the rewards but also us customers arent special by giving them to the public, but they also are selling the monkey in the cash shop, so basicly giving away the explorers pack in the cash shop is right inline with all the rest of thier decisions,
    im not seeing a problem here :)
    Options
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalfis wrote: »
    This was confirmed awhile back.

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]

Stay classy. :)
    Edited by ZOS_KaleyR on March 17, 2015 1:01AM
    I can count to potato.
    WWJLHD?
    Options
  • Ashigaru
    Ashigaru
    ✭✭✭✭
    and by the way,
    they ruined the loyalty rewards by prooving that not only the rewards but also us customers arent special by giving them to the public, but they also are selling the monkey in the cash shop, so basicly giving away the explorers pack in the cash shop is right inline with all the rest of thier decisions,
    im not seeing a problem here :)

Yep just about everything that they said was a 1 time thing has been pimped out for a $ which is ok to me as long as they dont try and make it sound like something is limited or what not when they intend to sell it later on.
    Options
  • squshy7
    squshy7
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't have to pay anything for the explorer's pack, I got it for free as a perk of pre-ordering.

If it's on sale in the crown store, then someone new has to pay for it.

You and I are still special.
    In order of conception:
    Castnia Ashwind VR14 Nightblade; original Day 1 Vampire, bloodfiends, not bought. You're probably in my family tree.
    Jul'eh Kaleh VR14 Templar
    Lysnta Ashwind VR14 Sorcerer

Awaken
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

As I said at the start, it was a mistake to limit it at all if they were going to let pre-orders get it.
    I agree, it should be universal, but promising it as an exclusive for pre-orders and then 'changing their minds' and selling it off is a pretty scumbag move, especially when it's not on the PTS. If they were going to pull this stunt, they could at least let us know in advance instead of keeping us in the dark until it's already happened. It's the complete lack of transparency that gets me.
    I also agree that was a mistake. What I don't get is turning around and wanting to hold onto that mistake like it's sacred. I see this as possibly undoing some of the damage for that mistake, especially on the DC side. I'll be glad if they open it up, even though I prefer it was part of the core game.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr.Hmm wrote: »

So was the imperial edition but we saw what happened with that. ZoS is out for the dollar they dont care about what it looks like to us as long as their bottom line improves.
    The Imperial Edition was never only a pre-order deal. Long before launch the FAQ here on the website stated that we'd be able to upgrade standard accounts even after release. These two should not be compared.
    Edited by Rosveen on March 16, 2015 6:43PM
    Options