The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why we not allow to sold stolen cloth?

QuadroTony
QuadroTony
✭✭✭✭✭
i have few already cleared clothes (new equipable parts added in 1.6)
more info here - http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/148523/amazing-news/p1
not bound
i can trade it with other players

but i cannot list it to the guild store

WHY?

example of the item

X7MjjWk.jpg

as an addon writer i can tell this items has ITEMPYTE_NONE in their properties, so they havent their place at the subfilters of inventory
its a bug or not?
Edited by QuadroTony on March 12, 2015 8:58PM
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you list items from random world containers on the guild store before?
    ----
    Murray?
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought everything that was part of the new JS loot was Bound.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes ofc
    i sold many sets from vr10 chests
    but its different
    its stolen cloth items
    Options
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I thought everything that was part of the new JS loot was Bound.

this cloth will bound if you wear it
    Options
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    QuadroTony wrote: »
    yes ofc
    i sold many sets from vr10 chests
    but its different
    its stolen cloth items

I'm not talking about chests. I'm talking about the generic equipment that you can get from random containers. It wasn't considered stolen before (because that was impossible), but I'm pretty sure you could sell it on the guild store.
    ----
    Murray?
    Options
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not talking about chests. I'm talking about the generic equipment that you can get from random containers. It wasn't considered stolen before (because that was impossible), but I'm pretty sure you could sell it on the guild store.

before 1.6 you cannnot loot items like this

only usual weapons/armor(green) and you can sold them ofc
    Edited by QuadroTony on March 12, 2015 7:20PM
    Options
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

before 1.6 you can loot from containers in cities only green weapon+armor with intricate of other trait
    of you able to slod them too

this is new type of items in 1.6 with ITEMTYPE_NONE, afaik

I have no idea what that first sentence means.

Green items were dropping pre-1.6, and they were not, as far as I know, available for selling on the guild store. Who would buy them, anyway?
    ----
    Murray?
    Options
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try laundering it first maybe?
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These kinds of items couldn't be found before. If you're talking about the 0 value junk, pretty sure you could.

Even after laundering them you can't list the new regular clothes in a guild store. you may be able to trade them player to player.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ofc i told its clear now

we can only trade em player-to-player

dunno why
    guild traders dont wanna take stolen(but cleared) goods? logic?
    Options
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ofc i told its clear now

dunno why

Guild traders accept laundered recipes, etc. that were considered stolen. But green armor/weapons from containers are considered generic drops (just like their valueless white counterparts). As far as I know, they've never been listable on the guild store.

And again, I have to ask: who would buy this junk gear?
    Edited by nerevarine1138 on March 12, 2015 8:00PM
    ----
    Murray?
    Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

before 1.6 you can loot from containers in cities only green weapon+armor with intricate of other trait

Green items were dropping pre-1.6, and they were not, as far as I know, available for selling on the guild store. Who would buy them, anyway?
    What @QuadroTony is saying is that these items didn't exist before 1.6 so you could not have sold them.

ofc i told its clear now

dunno why

Guild traders accept laundered recipes, etc. that were considered stolen. But green armor/weapons from containers are considered generic drops (just like their valueless white counterparts). As far as I know, they've never been listable on the guild store.

People who RP would probably buy it. I know you don't use addons, but there are actually some fantastic addons that allow you to easily swap gear. You should check it out sometime.
    :trollin:
    Options
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What @QuadroTony is saying is that these items didn't exist before 1.6 so you could not have sold them.

ofc i told its clear now

dunno why

People who RP would probably buy it. I know you don't use addons, but there are actually some fantastic addons that allow you to easily swap gear. You should check it out sometime.

If he's saying that they didn't exist, then he's mistaken. I saw green items drop from random containers on a regular basis once they introduced random generic item drops.

And these really can't have any value to roleplayers, because they aren't unique cosmetic items. You can't loot a green piece of light armor from a container that can't be crafted, and the pieces that are dropped generally don't have traits (or have the "Intricate" trait).
    ----
    Murray?
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ofc i told its clear now

dunno why

If he's saying that they didn't exist, then he's mistaken. I saw green items drop from random containers on a regular basis once they introduced random generic item drops.

And these really can't have any value to roleplayers, because they aren't unique cosmetic items. You can't loot a green piece of light armor from a container that can't be crafted, and the pieces that are dropped generally don't have traits (or have the "Intricate" trait).
    @nerevarine1138 you are confusing the heck out of me. Which items are you referring to?

And what items do you think OP is referring to?
    Edited by driosketch on March 12, 2015 8:19PM
    Options
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭

look again at the first post
    and to this
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/148523/amazing-news/p1
    Options
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and to this

Oh, holy Stendarr.

Those aren't green cloth items. Those are white-quality disguises. Not even remotely close.
    ----
    Murray?
    Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ofc i told its clear now

dunno why

I'm pretty sure this item isn't what you're describing. I'm very confused how you were able to find these items pre 1.6.
    X7MjjWk.jpg

Edited by eventide03b14a_ESO on March 12, 2015 8:27PM
    Options
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and to this

Oh, holy Stendarr.

Those aren't green cloth items. Those are white-quality disguises. Not even remotely close.

yes, its part of equipment now, not like disguises - disguises are different and coming to the "Appearance" slot
    and this we talking about equipping to the each of 7 armor slots
    i added picture to the first post in 30 sec after topic was created
    Edited by QuadroTony on March 12, 2015 8:30PM
    Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

and to this

Oh, holy Stendarr.

yes, its part of equipment now, not like disguises - disguises are different and coming to the "Appearance" slot
    and this we talking about equipping to the each of 7 armor slots
    i added picture to the first post in 30 sec after topic was created

It's possible he hasn't played it since 1.6 went live.
    Edited by eventide03b14a_ESO on March 12, 2015 8:35PM
    Options
  • Thavie
    Thavie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those are white-quality disguises.
    Well, you're wrong again :smile: It's not disguise, it's new tipe of loot - clothes. You can put it into armor slots, not disguise slot.
    "We grew under a bad sun"
    Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thavie wrote: »
    Those are white-quality disguises.
    Well, you're wrong again :smile: It's not disguise, it's new tipe of loot - clothes. You can put it into armor slots, not disguise slot.
    Yeah, I didn't realize this was so confusing to people.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Green Armor and Weapons found in regular containers was frequently Intricate, so had value to crafters looking to deconstruct. I never tried to sell them in a Kiosk, only decon or Vendored.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll buy clothes from you @QuadroTony I don't want to steal but I'll buy from those that do :wink: pm me what you have and what you're looking to get for them!
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's possible he hasn't played it since 1.6 went live.

ye, first post edited for clarification
    Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    I'll buy clothes from you @QuadroTony I don't want to steal but I'll buy from those that do :wink: pm me what you have and what you're looking to get for them!
    Gidorick the Fence. ;)
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now that that's clear, I'm thinking it might be because the guild stores list according to armor type, and even though these are equipable like armor, they don't have a type. Probably a coding oversight.
    Options
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes as an addon writer i can tell this items has ITEMPYTE_NONE in their properties, so they havent their place at the subfilters of inventory

poor "clothumes" :(

Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes as an addon writer i can tell this items has ITEMPYTE_NONE in their properties, so they havent their place at the subfilters of inventory

poor "clothumes" :(
    That's unfortunate.
    Options
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    should we report this as a bug?

@ZOS_GinaBruno if you can tell us pls
    Options
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony