Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Future idea for Cyrodiil and a more stable PvP experience.

Darklord_Tiberius
Darklord_Tiberius
✭✭✭✭
To fix the Cyrodiil situation at this point and to refer to my previous point about how I feel there is a lack of "Alliance War" feel from the Cyrodiil experience I give you this idea free of charge @ZOS_BrianWheeler, hear me out.

Obviously, the PvP server idea failed. Whether it be the lag, performance issues, unbalanced population or buff server farming; we can all admit that this system is done. That may seem depressing, but fear not; this new idea could transform Cyrodiil into something much better and actually be a healthier place to PvP. I think you, ZOS, should take the approach ArenaNet did in regards to their PvP experience.

As I have stated in another post - http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1620087#Comment_1620087, this game in based upon the idea of an Alliance War, but honestly I do not feel any sense of that in Cyrodiil. Its PvP yes, but there is honestly no feel to it other than that. We have Alliance leaders, we have armies, we have massive factions; however, other than the stationary guards it offers absolutely no depth into the ESO PvP experience. Cyrodiil needs to be incorporated into the overall world as a whole rather than a separate place. This would encourage more people to PvP because it would give them a better sense of contributing towards an actual Alliance War, rather than just killing other players.

Cyrodiil is supposed to be one place, one zone and with that I propose you, ZOS, change the structure of PvP to battlefronts rather than servers. Take Cyrodiil and cut it up into 3 pieces and have 1 center piece for the imperial city, each battlefront will be littered with keeps and such as it is now and the battle over the Imperial City can have other objectives so that it could work with the upcoming Imperial City so players could battle for access to it. You could therefore make each battlefront larger to handle more work load of players.

If all three battlefronts were intertwined so that they would grant access to objectives in the Imperial City map; the warriors fighting in that zone could capture them to claim victory to gain access to the Imperial City. I think it would work. So many Ideas could come from what I propose here @ZOS_GinaBruno, please send this idea up to those that could benefit from it.

I understand that what I propose is something that would take a lot of work, but I feel it would completely revamp PvP to the point people would actually want to play because after all we are fighting an Alliance War are we not? I also feel doing it this way would spread the population around cause lets face it, all those people in Thornblade are causing the lag. I have played on locked pops in other servers with much larger battles I have ever seen in Thornblade cycle 1-3 and the performance was just fine. I am so tired of hearing people complain about "performance" and "lag" issues. There are some, yes; but its not all on ZOS.

Take this Idea ZOS and fly, fly away with it!