The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Purple Weapons...?

nalimoleb14_ESO
nalimoleb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Is anyone else having an issue where some/all of your weapons have a purple color (especially when in the sun)? Could it be the materials used or something? Screenshots below. Thanks!

purple2.jpg

purple1.jpg
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    voidstone causes that
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• nalimoleb14_ESO
    nalimoleb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahh I see, that's a bummer - thanks!
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's why I want shield and weapons dyes as well do many others.
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• nalimoleb14_ESO
    nalimoleb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, I'm really surprised that weapon dyes have not been implemented in game yet, although it's been brought up several times now since launch.
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, I'm really surprised that weapon dyes have not been implemented in game yet, although it's been brought up several times now since launch.

they are afraid of people running around with pink swords. personally I don't see much of a difference between pink and purple neither really belong on a sword blade.

-Thomas Pain

• nalimoleb14_ESO
    nalimoleb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iago wrote: »
    they are afraid of people running around with pink swords. personally I don't see much of a difference between pink and purple neither really belong on a sword blade.

Exactly, lol - my purple blades look all kinds of ridiculous already, I would rather they be regular silver. If anything they should just restrict the shades that you can dye the weapons so you can't have rainbow-colored weapons or anything. But even then wouldn't it just make sense to give us the dyeing freedom that we currently have for armor right now? I dunno.

• deathmasterl_ESO
    deathmasterl_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If and its more like a question of when at this point. They add dyes to weapons and shields they should have basic colors for the weapons no bright hot pink swords etc. Shields I'm all for dying to match your armor.
    Saevus Messor Imperial Dragonknight Vr14 Aldmeri Dominion
    Talia Spiritus Imperial Nightblade Lv17 Aldmeri Dominion
    Naomi Athael Altmer Sorcerer Lv8 Aldmeri Dominion
    Nyanta Raimanni Khajiit Templar Lv4 Aldmeri Dominion
    Sina Nightwind Bosmer Dragonknight Lv4 Aldmeri Dominion
    Leader of the 1st Infiltration and Scouting Division
    Master Weapon and Armor Crafter
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't remember it being that noticeable though! I have a resto staff that is very noticeably purple. It looks like odd.