Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

The diversity of mounts in ESO

FrostixX
FrostixX
✭✭
Hi all,

I opened this thread to talk about the mounts available on our favorite MMO : The Elder Scrolls Online.
As we all know, this is ESO's first year and the game is still new. It has a lot of potential and in a few years it will probably be able to compete with WoW.

One of the things that is missing in the game is the diversity of the mounts available for purchase. Indeed, we currently only have horses (and recently they announced the new Guar mounts and the awesome Senche Giant Cat) which is really frustrating. A lot of MMO players love to invest themselves hours in a game by doing achievements & dungeons or by killing bosses in order to get that "awesome legendary" mount that they have been dreaming of. And we ESO players, what do we get ? Horses.
Now, I know that a lot of people are going to misjudge my opinion by saying "yes but there are lore issues, you can't have an awesome legendary mount in ESO if it is not compatible with the lore" and I totally understand you guys. Having WoW-like mounts in ESO would break the lore. But if you search deeply in the old TES lore, you will notice that for example in the Daggerfall or Arena game, they talk about griffins living in the mountains. :smiley:
Concerning the possibility of having flying mounts in the game, it is technically possible to have some but I think that they shouldn't be implanted in the PVP in Cyrodiil. You know why :wink:

Here's a screenshot of the mounts we currently have available for purchase in the cash shop. Hope they will add a lot of them in the future. :dizzy_face:

1423823819-monture.jpg

So yeah, let's talk about mounts...
  • IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, now we know where all the cool mounts are ...
    Valar Morghulis.

Someday I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull. Arya Stark

You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well. Sansa Stark

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. Desmond Tutu
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to see flying mounts, unless we are talking "hovering" style flying like a giant wasp. They could also use existing possibilities like camels, those little triceratops looking lizard things would be cool mounts, a big antlered buck might be ok, bears, giant wolf, stuff like that.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got two words for ya chuck, cliff racers. - Denzel Washington
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think this game is anywhere near ready for flying mounts. But as for land-based mounts, now that they have a cash shop to sell them in, the sky's the limit.

From previous discussions on this I think there are plenty of options for lore-friendly mounts and I bet we'll start seeing more of them over the coming months.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • FrostixX
    FrostixX
    ✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    I don't want to see flying mounts, unless we are talking "hovering" style flying like a giant wasp. They could also use existing possibilities like camels, those little triceratops looking lizard things would be cool mounts, a big antlered buck might be ok, bears, giant wolf, stuff like that.

Oh my god, you just gave an idea : a battle bear mount
    Like this one wow_big_battle_bear_mount.jpg
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to Ride a camel... they are already in game but that would be just awesome..
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.