Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of August 5:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – August 7, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – August 7, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – August 7, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Orc Armour, update 6

Tasmin
Tasmin
✭✭✭
Update 6 "improves" orc heavy armour by raising the neckline of the female armour to make it appear more "functional". For which read, to cover up cleavage - the hint of which is probably the main reason people select orc armour in the first place. Genius.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2015/02/09/ready-for-war-orc-and-redguard-armor

Not yet confirmed for update 7 are chastity belts :p

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Uncouth Jokes]
Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on February 10, 2015 4:09PM
  • Throren
    Throren
    ✭✭✭
    Good, I'm sick of a proud warrior race running around like armoured floozies.
    Options
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Throren wrote: »
    Good, I'm sick of a proud warrior race running around like armoured floozies.

Because boob-plate is so much more modest.
    Options
  • Throren
    Throren
    ✭✭✭
    I'll take what I can get xD Not having a giant boob-window is still an improvement.

A friend of mine always loved played orcs since morrowind but she avoided playing a fem orc solely because their racial armour looked so damn silly in comparison to the other races.
    Options
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They destroyed all three of the Redguard armors for no reason.
    Options
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take what I can get xD Not having a giant boob-window is still an improvement.

A friend of mine always loved played orcs since morrowind but she avoided playing a fem orc solely because their racial armour looked so damn silly in comparison to the other races.

Luckily your friend had 10+ other options for armor styles for a non-windowed look. My fiance on the other hand was bummed to hear the armor she preferred is being changed so I'm not really sure what there is to celebrate by removing the only option for an aesthetic attribute, especially when the reasoning (make it more "functional") is trading one design flaw for another.
    Options
  • StaticWax
    StaticWax
    ✭✭✭✭

Maybe the light, otherwise I consider the changes an improvement .
    I wish nothing but joy for everyone.
    Options
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have to agree, the light armor is generic tunic + skirt now with no more cultural uniqueness, and the heavy legs have no plate on them. The heavy breastplate looks better though.
    Options
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tasmin wrote: »
    Update 6 "improves" orc heavy armour by raising the neckline of the female armour to make it appear more "functional". For which read, to cover up cleavage - the hint of which is probably the main reason people select orc armour in the first place. Genius.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2015/02/09/ready-for-war-orc-and-redguard-armor

Not yet confirmed for update 7 are chastity belts :p

guy be honest who feel this armor have orc style ????
    just missing Skyrim orc

i just dont understant also orc weapon dont look orc
    this is a real orc weapon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t58WCSn5lNI

any orc axe in the game look like this :(
    here some real orc armor

https://www.google.ca/search?tbm=isch&tbs=rimg:CT2ApDBUFGWoIjjth9jBz4MhWt90JVij1nsIgYLPcmpZ6FkTySRtwI0MkKf8jo6kDkn0RzmHwnMtSz5JZs28Pwo9sSoSCe2H2MHPgyFaEeLP1YU_1eGM3KhIJ33QlWKPWewgR77HpMOHHQUwqEgmBgs9yalnoWREl82pP-esQnioSCRPJJG3AjQyQEcPFbx60pRjtKhIJp_1yOjqQOSfQRn9hC8p7uGGIqEglHOYfCcy1LPhH-Q14EKsQYDyoSCUlmzbw_1Cj2xEVZVoodiAmzE&q=orc armor&ei=LCXaVOL5IcqlyASuqIKADQ&ved=0CAkQ9C8wAA#imgdii=_&imgrc=rU-7yUEbOqxsMM%3A;NUIyQ_mcgiF9vM;http%3A%2F%2F25.media.tumblr.com%2Fd933f00a8f69fbe16693d82f08087d3e%2Ftumblr_mgelcvUUsX1s237two3_500.jpg;http%3A%2F%2Fpixgood.com%2Forc-armor-larp.html;480;720

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on February 10, 2015 5:33PM
    the wall of the covenant
    Options
  • Throren
    Throren
    ✭✭✭
    Orc are supposed to be superb smiths. It's good that their weapons don't look like some crude cave-man made stuff
    Options
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orc are supposed to be superb smiths. It's good that their weapons don't look like some crude cave-man made stuff

yea orc are the best blacksmiths but have native or tribal style (barbarian )
    orc are not dwarf smiths , for me this is realy not orc style 2ir2nn5.gif
    the heavy boot leg glove look templar anyway i dont see anything orc there , helmet no comment ,helmet turn off
    i realy miss Skyrim style
    Edited by charley222 on February 10, 2015 4:12PM
    the wall of the covenant
    Options
  • Throren
    Throren
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly it isn't that far off from orc armour in past TES games
    Options
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    charley222 wrote: »

the heavy boot leg glove look templar anyway i dont see anything orc there , helmet no comment ,helmet turn off

Nothing about Skyrims Orsimer style is tribal. They utilise plates with chainmail held together by leather, their helmet has a central spike (which ESO does as well). Besides the shoulder spikes, the face on the belt, and the Orsimer face on the helmet (which makes it look even better) ESO's Orsimer armor is pretty comparable to Skyrim's style.

It should also be noted that Orsimer are taught to Smith early, they have decades to master their craft, and their second wife is even given the name "forge-wife". Your notion that Orsimer are not comparable to dwemer smiths is misplaced - it's likely they have the most smiths per person than any other race.
    Edited by BBSooner on February 10, 2015 4:24PM
    Options
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly it isn't that far off from orc armour in past TES games

np let see that

ie4cx1.jpg

here you got open helmet that let show your the face of your character and show your warpaint and all detail vs eso close helmet that cover everything and all silver , + the shiny metal is so ungly for orc armor never se that before , also skyrim leg and armor have a nice scale mail and all the set have a lot of detail 17bgqc.jpg
    vs eso is just over shiny , that is my feeling but the skyrim armor realy look more warrior , vs the eso shiny templar style

2guwbr4.jpg

fo1tnd.png

anyway you dont need to be a genius to see what look best for a warrior
    also the orc weapon 11qmz3l.png

zlued5.png

also Throren dont tell me the orc weapon
    isn't that far off from orc armour in past TES games
    Edited by charley222 on February 10, 2015 4:59PM
    the wall of the covenant
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Skyrim:
    SR-item-Orcish_Armor_Male.jpg

Oblivion:
    OB-item-Orcish_Armor.jpg

Morrowind:
    MW-item-Orcish_Armor_Male.jpg
    Options
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭
    i just compare eso vs skyrim because i dont wante to go 15 year in the pass where the graphics are to old , i think is easy to see what look best :)
    just look skyrim orc weapon :) btw what you think or orc weapon in eso vs skyrim ?
    Edited by charley222 on February 10, 2015 5:07PM
    the wall of the covenant
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i just compare eso vs skyrim because i dont wante to go 15 year in the pass where the graphics are to old , i think is easy to see what look best :)
    just look skyrim orc weapon :) btw what you think or orc weapon in eso vs skyrim ?
    I think the style of ESO heavy Orcish armor is rather similar to Skyrim. I don't know about weapons, I don't remember what they look like in ESO. My characters never craft in Orcish style.
    Edited by Rosveen on February 10, 2015 5:10PM
    Options
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anything skyrims orc armor looks used and worn as opposed to newly forged.
    Options
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    I think the style of ESO heavy Orcish armor is rather similar to Skyrim.
    sorry i`m not agree this dont look
    2hfifxz.jpg

the same of this
    21evjnt.jpg
    this is a lot better also open helmet to show all warpaint and customization vs eso use full face helmet and draw the orc face it big tooth because they dont have the face customization of skyrim https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok-xQMgd9AY anyway , no big deal, open face is just a lot better to show everything vs of this full face wanabe orc helmet , first time i see a orc drawing is face on the helmet lol
    maybe is the moden orcish culture lolol
    Edited by charley222 on February 10, 2015 5:35PM
    the wall of the covenant
    Options
  • Throren
    Throren
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly the big difference between ESO and skyrim is now the helm has a face-plate, some of the odd bent up edges are more curved down and it looks a bit shinier/better maintained. The styles themselves are very similar.

Similarities:
    (click to view full size)

wWAWQsA.png
    Edited by Throren on February 10, 2015 5:35PM
    Options
  • IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh. As a female, I could care less. As others have said, if I don't like it, I don't wear it and there were other options.

The Redguard armor is starting to look like a little too much like the Breton armor for me. It doesn't have the unique look it used to have. And I actually really, really liked the old Redguard clothing and didn't find it revealing at all.

But who knows? Maybe they'll sell iron underwear in the Crown shop.
    Valar Morghulis.

Someday I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull. Arya Stark

You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well. Sansa Stark

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. Desmond Tutu
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, it makes the least sense to compare ESO orc armour to Skyrim orc armour. ESO is approximately 1000 years prior to Skyrim. Morrowind is a couple of centuries closer to ESO than Skyrim is, so the ESO style should be closer to the Morrowind style than to the Skyrim style.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • Tasmin
    Tasmin
    ✭✭✭
    Meh. As a female, I could care less. As others have said, if I don't like it, I don't wear it and there were other options.

I too am female and was never offended by the hint of cleavage "on display" (in as much as it was) on the old orc armour sets. I see more in the pages of cosmo and vogue to be honest.

Will we see long table cloths to cover the naked legs of tables soon?

Will somebody think of the children???? !
    Options
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Honestly, it makes the least sense to compare ESO orc armour to Skyrim orc armour. ESO is approximately 1000 years prior to Skyrim. Morrowind is a couple of centuries closer to ESO than Skyrim is, so the ESO style should be closer to the Morrowind style than to the Skyrim style.

yea ic but next update is coming orc armor amost look the same :( so is not so far in the pass :)
    the wall of the covenant
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

I guarantee, with console release, there will be hundreds of players that will play all the east through ESO who will never know that ESO is before Skyrim.
    Edited by Gidorick on February 10, 2015 6:20PM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭
    ajwmex.jpg
    mkus9d.jpg
    1q0kyd.png
    21evjnt.jpg
    realy dont look the same ,
    i will realy love this orc armor leg and arm have scale mail also look the matal is damage the armor look durty , the open helmet show you the face paint the tooth , also the shape of the armor look more aggressive the sholder are more spikey ,all piece of armor all more 3d detail
    just for fun i call my grandparent in the house and they told me my skyrim monster look a lot better lolol pepole who have any knowledge like more the other armor is so obvious
    Edited by charley222 on February 10, 2015 7:36PM
    the wall of the covenant
    Options