Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

The Coup De Grâce

FluffiestOne
FluffiestOne
✭✭✭✭
Since day 1 I've been saying cyrodiil is lacking more forest animals like bunnies I outside of it. Then you removed the torchbugs, and the *** DEER. I'm done Zenimax Online Studios, you don't know who you just pissed off.

#OperationFreeTheDeer
#OPFTD
#FTD
Fluffy
Senior Fluffykins, Daggerfall Liberator of Haderus, Dragonknight.
Fliffers, Daggerfall Liberator of Hopesfire, Templar.
Prophet Fluffy of Death, Casual of the Dominion, Sorceror.
Nozdorumu The Timeless, Daggerfall. Dragon. Nightblade.
All my toon names are subject to change.
" Ignorance must be bliss because I can't imagine why anyone would live in it. " -Fluffy
  • Hughezy
    Hughezy
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt they care about pissing off a scrub turncoat such as yourself. ;)

But on a serious note why do they think removing deer is going to fix lag, I need those deer to kill so I'm no longer in combat.
    Edited by Hughezy on January 12, 2015 9:10PM
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The deer aren't gone due to lag, oh no no no... that is just an excuse zenimax is making for eco tree huggers to feel better about themselves... all the deer are gone because.....

I killed them.

Dramatic_e70a55_1243731.gif
  • Aferalkid
    Aferalkid
    Soul Shriven
    wait wait wait, so you mean they didn't just fix the obvious restoration staff animations that clearly bug it and is well known to cause the lag said bug is also exploited to the max by such people.but the in the end its bambi that pays the price, what a country .

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Naming & Shaming]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on January 12, 2015 10:31PM
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aferalkid wrote: »
    wait wait wait, so you mean they didn't just fix the obvious restoration staff animations that clearly bug it and is well known to cause the lag said bug is also exploited to the max by such people like eg and anonymous elf and asneakyhabañero .but the in the end its bambi that pays the price, what a country

Who are you? Have you ever even seen me use a resto staff? If you're going make false claims of me lagging or the server at the very least possible considering my sword and board and destroy can't cast healing springs.
    Also pretty sure that removing them is to stop people from charging ultimate out of combat on them in 1.6
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • FluffiestOne
    FluffiestOne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aferalkid wrote: »
    wait wait wait, so you mean they didn't just fix the obvious restoration staff animations that clearly bug it and is well known to cause the lag said bug is also exploited to the max by such people like eg and anonymous elf and asneakyhabañero .but the in the end its bambi that pays the price, what a country

Who are you? Have you ever even seen me use a resto staff? If you're going make false claims of me lagging or the server at the very least possible considering my sword and board and destroy can't cast healing springs.
    Also pretty sure that removing them is to stop people from charging ultimate out of combat on them in 1.6

Can verify, he uses sword/board plus a nosetpiece fire staff
    Fluffy
    Senior Fluffykins, Daggerfall Liberator of Haderus, Dragonknight.
    Fliffers, Daggerfall Liberator of Hopesfire, Templar.
    Prophet Fluffy of Death, Casual of the Dominion, Sorceror.
    Nozdorumu The Timeless, Daggerfall. Dragon. Nightblade.
    All my toon names are subject to change.
    " Ignorance must be bliss because I can't imagine why anyone would live in it. " -Fluffy
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well as the server (s) have to keep track of not just player actions but also the locations, movements, and status of every NPC in the same area it does make some sense that removing the non essential ones will reduce some of the load.

Note they only said it was to reduce some server strain. Not that it would fix all the known issues. Especially as some of those are client side and thus not caused by the server.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Aoe_Barbecue
    Aoe_Barbecue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »
    The deer aren't gone due to lag, oh no no no... that is just an excuse zenimax is making for eco tree huggers to feel better about themselves... all the deer are gone because.....

I killed them.

Pure rhetoric. The Huntler lacks the intestinal fortitude to slaughter the deer of Tamriel! He is merely a pretender. You will find the wayward deer safely cooked on my charcoal throne.

00small16555201.JPG
    Edited by Aoe_Barbecue on January 12, 2015 10:05PM
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time I see a hashtag, the Tamrielic Gods murder all the deer and forest denizens in Cyrodiil.

You have been warned. I do not forget. I do not forgive. There is no respawn. I am Legion.

The flat surfaces of my home cry out for the fur of forest creatures. Their thirst will be slaked.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I killed them.

Pure rhetoric. The Huntler lacks the intestinal fortitude to slaughter the deer of Tamriel! He is merely a pretender. You will find the wayward deer safely cooked on my charcoal throne.

00small16555201.JPG

Be careful sir, a pretender can be a formidable foe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI9C-zMwWZE
  • Aoe_Barbecue
    Aoe_Barbecue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    throne_of_lies_elf.gif
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I endless fury deer to get my magicka up. Thanks for nerfing sorcs again ZOS. :\
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • booksmcread
    booksmcread
    ✭✭✭✭
    Be careful sir, a pretender can be a formidable doe:

Fixed it!
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fixed it!

rekt
  • FauxHunter
    FauxHunter
    ✭✭✭
    When I said some bugs needed to be removed from Cyrodiil, I didn't mean TORCHbugs!
    -Orion Snow-Lichen
    Bosmer Hunting Warden
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Be careful sir, a pretendeer can be a formidable doe:

Fixed it!

Fix'd your fix it
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reduce their numbers? Sure. Remove out right. INSANE! I don't want a lifeless colourless Cyrodiil.