The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestion: bringing back the warden class

Lynx7386
Lynx7386
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm not sure exactly what the warden was in the early development of the game, all we know is that it was somewhat nature-oriented and ended up being dropped as the fifth class. Now, I've always taken druid-themed classes as my preferred choice in RPGs and other MMO's, so I'd really love to see this one make a comeback. Below are my suggestions for how the class might be implemented.

The first skill tree would focus on summoning, obviously. To differ from the sorceror's daedric summoning, I'd propose that only one summon could be active at a time, but each summoning ability would have a passive effect while slotted so that you'd be able to slot several summoning spells and still benefit from them all (even though only one could be active). This would provide versatility in summoning builds, allowing you to change on the fly from a tanking pet to a damage pet to a healing pet without feeling like you're wasting all of your hotbar slots.

Summoning Skill Suggestions:
1. Summon Wolf - A versatile, hybrid damage/tank pet that is fairly middle-of-the-road as far as damage and survivability go. Cannot taunt enemies, but can take a fair beating and dish out moderate damage. Morphs could include a dire wolf, which would summon a larger wolf that can withstand more damage (more tank focused), or a pack of wolves which summons several weaker wolves instead of a single wolf, together doing more damage (thus more damage focused). The passive slotted bonus for this could be a bonus to weapon damage.

2. Summon Cat - Talking big cats here, a leopard or Lion to start with perhaps. This would be the damage pet, with lower health and damage mitigation than the wolf but much higher damage output. Morphs could include a Tiger that deals additional damage and has a higher critical chance, and a Panther that has a persistent stealth/invisibility when not in combat, and a bonus to first strike when entering combat. The passive slotted bonus for this could be a bonus to critical chance.

3. Summon Bear - The tanking pet, this one would deal less damage than the others but be significantly more durable, and include a built-in taunting mechanism. Morphs could include a grizzly bear with an aoe taunt and multi-target swipe attack, or a black bear that can stun opponents with a mauling attack for extra control potential. The passive slotted bonus for this could be an increase to maximum armor/spell resistance.

4. Summon Spriggan - The healing pet. The spriggan would create an aura that passively increases health recovery for nearby allies. Morphs could include a variant that directly heals allies when they get low on health (like the twilight matriarch, but not focused only on the Summoner), and a morph that plants down saprolings, kind of like blood wells, that heal nearby allies over time as they remain in the area. The passive slotted bonus for this could be an increase to healing received and dealt, or a bonus to health recovery for the Summoner.

The second skill line would focus on spellcasting and offensive abilities, with a nature-oriented focus - aka traditional druidic magic.
Some suggestions:

1. Entangle - Immobilizes all nearby enemies in a mass of roots that sprout from the ground. Functionally similar to encase or talons.

2. Swarm - Casts out a swarm of stinging insects at a target, dealing damage over time. If the target dies before the duration of the swarm is up, the swarm will jump to a new nearby target. Morphs could, as an example, turn swarm into a more aoe-oriented ability by affecting numerous targets within an area, or by allowing the swarm to spread from one enemy to any others that are nearby.

3. Thorns - Encases you in a protective shell of brambles, increasing armor and spell resistance. Deals damage to any enemies that hit you with melee attacks while active.

4. Vines - not so sure on the name, but the idea is something like fiery grip, using a vine that lashes out and pulls your target back to you. One morph might wrap the target up in the vine, stunning them after they're pulled to you.

The final skill line could focus on a few different thinks, kind of up in the air. The first option is support/healing skills, which would make it very similar to the templar's restoring light line. On the plus side this gives us a second class that can heal the group without a restoration staff, but it may be a bit too redundant with the templar class. Another option is to fill this skill tree with aspect abilities, making it essentially a shapeshifter's tree. For example you could have "aspect of the wolf", which would transform you into a wolf while toggled on (not a werewolf, but a proper wolf) and give you access to new abilities while shapeshifted. As cool as that might be, though, I'm not sure it fits tamrielic lore.

My vote would be for a hybrid support tree, with more defensive spells as opposed to the second tree's offensive casting. Some suggested abilities:

1. Bramble Cage - Traps an enemy in a cage of thorns, dealing damage over time and stunning them (CC effect that lasts perhaps 12 seconds?).

2. Wall of Thorns - Summons a wall of vines and thorns, similar to the ice wall summoned by some NPC mages. The wall damages enemies that get too close to it, and also 'attracts' any projectiles and spells cast at nearby targets (so you could hide behind the wall and avoid fireballs and such).

3. Earthquake - A ground cast effect that periodically stuns, knocks down, or disorients enemies in the area. Mass AoE Crowd control.

4. Stalagmites - Erupts spikes of stone from the ground in an area, knocking enemies upward and dealing damage.

5. Acid Rain - Pours down acid rain on an area, dealing damage and applying an armor reducing debuff to affected enemies.

6. Regeneration - Wraps the caster in a protective shell, preventing all action but restoring health and stamina at the cost of magicka. Essentially a heal that functions similarly to dark exchange, restoring health and stamina at the cost of magicka instead of health and magicka at the cost of stamina.
PS4 / NA
M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    I'm not sure exactly what the warden was in the early development of the game, all we know is that it was somewhat nature-oriented and ended up being dropped as the fifth class. Now, I've always taken druid-themed classes as my preferred choice in RPGs and other MMO's, so I'd really love to see this one make a comeback. Below are my suggestions for how the class might be implemented.

The first skill tree would focus on summoning, obviously. To differ from the sorceror's daedric summoning, I'd propose that only one summon could be active at a time, but each summoning ability would have a passive effect while slotted so that you'd be able to slot several summoning spells and still benefit from them all (even though only one could be active). This would provide versatility in summoning builds, allowing you to change on the fly from a tanking pet to a damage pet to a healing pet without feeling like you're wasting all of your hotbar slots.

1. Summon Wolf - A versatile, hybrid damage/tank pet that is fairly middle-of-the-road as far as damage and survivability go. Cannot taunt enemies, but can take a fair beating and dish out moderate damage. Morphs could include a dire wolf, which would summon a larger wolf that can withstand more damage (more tank focused), or a pack of wolves which summons several weaker wolves instead of a single wolf, together doing more damage (thus more damage focused). The passive slotted bonus for this could be a bonus to weapon damage.

2. Summon Cat - Talking big cats here, a leopard or Lion to start with perhaps. This would be the damage pet, with lower health and damage mitigation than the wolf but much higher damage output. Morphs could include a Tiger that deals additional damage and has a higher critical chance, and a Panther that has a persistent stealth/invisibility when not in combat, and a bonus to first strike when entering combat. The passive slotted bonus for this could be a bonus to critical chance.

3. Summon Bear - The tanking pet, this one would deal less damage than the others but be significantly more durable, and include a built-in taunting mechanism. Morphs could include a grizzly bear with an aoe taunt and multi-target swipe attack, or a black bear that can stun opponents with a mauling attack for extra control potential. The passive slotted bonus for this could be an increase to maximum armor/spell resistance.

4. Summon Spriggan - The healing pet. The spriggan would create an aura that passively increases health recovery for nearby allies. Morphs could include a variant that directly heals allies when they get low on health (like the twilight matriarch, but not focused only on the Summoner), and a morph that plants down saprolings, kind of like blood wells, that heal nearby allies over time as they remain in the area. The passive slotted bonus for this could be an increase to healing received and dealt, or a bonus to health recovery for the Summoner.

In my opinion, making sorcerer's summons competitive should take priority over creating an entire class based on summoning creatures. Your suggestions seem quite OP compared to what sorcerers currently have.
    Wololo.
  • lorien1973
    Is there an aoe taunt in this game? I thought all the taunts are single target. Giving one to a summon would seem to make that ability almost mandatory.
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a fan of some of these details but I like the idea. I wonder if any pre-alpha testers can remember any of the real details of that class or didn't it even make it that far?
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
  • drschplatt
    drschplatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems to be way to similar to classes we already have in the game. Pets at this point are basically a failure for Sorcerers so I'd be very hesitant to build and entire class on them. I think I reassigned my skill points away from pets at level 30 or so and that entire skill like (outside of one passive and the ultimate) has been dormant for me the whole game.
    Foräois - Imperial Sorcerer of Ineptitude.
    Widoch - Nord Dragon Knight of Ignorance.
    Billy Bob - Dunmer Templar of Chicken and Noodles.
    Blades of Vengeance
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    drschplatt wrote: »
    It seems to be way to similar to classes we already have in the game. Pets at this point are basically a failure for Sorcerers so I'd be very hesitant to build and entire class on them. I think I reassigned my skill points away from pets at level 30 or so and that entire skill like (outside of one passive and the ultimate) has been dormant for me the whole game.
    The sorcerer clanfear in nice for solo questing as it does some tanking.
    Pointless for group play.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always wished they had a ranger type class in the game (my first character was a nb bosmer archer that I played stamina and pretty much played as a ranger). They already have several powers in the game it seems that would probably fit (swarm that spriggans do, whatever that green totem is might be something that fits), but hard to think of a bunch more that would be different enough from what's already there.

I think you should look at what each class needs first: some sort of self heal, some sort of protection, some sort of cc, etc.) Entangle of some type would be a good fit for cc. They could have a bark like armor skin for bonus shield or armor/sr. That green totem thing could be some sort of healing or health regen buff totem that you have to stay near to keep the buff up. As for the summonings, I don't think we should take that away from sorcs, but I think it would need some sort of animal pet power like we see summoned in the game. Keeping it a temporary summons, could even make it a random animal related to area and just fight a target - not do anything too crazy.

It's fun to think up stuff, but I really don't expect to see any all out classes added to the game. At this point I've hoped they might one day add a 'ranger' skill line ala mages, fighters, undaunted guild lines (which would be open to all classes and need to have a lot less created for it). But even that, once spell crafting is around, I don't see the need for.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found this post:

"The Warden is one of the playable classes in the Elder Scrolls Online, though it is definitely the class that has the least amount of information that is currently available to the public regarding its abilities or what kind of role it would play in PvE and PvP content. At the moment, all that is really known about the class is that it will have the ability to heal as well as deliver magic damage at range. The most comparable class term from other MMOs might be a cleric depending on the skills that the Warden would get."

There is no way they will intoduce a new class without a MOUNTAIN of testing and if there were to be any new classes I would imagine them to be a year or more away if at all.

However for the sake of wild speculation here is what I think would be cool for the Warden.

Make them a hybrid stamina/magic class that has a lot of nature based abilities. Yes a bow weilding hunter with a pet would be awesome. The pet skill line should not just be more pets but abilities that heal or enhance their pet. They will obviously need the healing abilities, perhaps some sort of tracking/marking mechanic that gives them large bonuses against the specific foe they are hunting. They should also have some set trap type of abilities.

We don't want them to be just Nightblades with a pet so I would avoid skills that use the stealth/invisibility mechanic.
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    EU
  • Kaynehusky
    Kaynehusky
    ✭✭✭
    Another option is to fill this skill tree with aspect abilities, making it essentially a shapeshifter's tree. For example you could have "aspect of the wolf", which would transform you into a wolf while toggled on (not a werewolf, but a proper wolf) and give you access to new abilities while shapeshifted. As cool as that might be, though, I'm not sure it fits tamrielic lore.

Aaaaaaactually, the Wyresses are commonly seen as transforming into animals, if you've done their later quests. One of which actually being a wolf, so it's very much in the lore. I think that kind of ability would be great for a "warden" class.
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you suggesting something like Udyr from LOL?
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    EU
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't like the idea of a 5th class, but a new world skill line.. now your talking
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the shapeshifting idea, not a big fan of pet classes anymore. Plus there's a gap where a druid type is missing. I love playing that archetype and trying to achieve the same feeling using a different class hasn't worked out well. Tried it with a sorc, but without getting deep into the class lines, it's too gimpy to play well. Stealth, cc, healing and shifting is what I think of as that archetype.
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    6. Regeneration - Wraps the caster in a protective shell, preventing all action but restoring health and stamina at the cost of magicka.

Uh, I want that on my stamina sorc!
    Edited by Jitterbug on December 15, 2014 12:51PM
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The second skill line would focus on spellcasting and offensive abilities, with a nature-oriented focus - aka traditional druidic magic.
    Some suggestions:

The final skill line could focus on a few different thinks, kind of up in the air.

The warden should definately have healing powers, we have only one healer class at the minute (yes all classes can heal, but templar is better).

I like the idea of nature magic, it might need a bit more tweeking as all your suggestions feel like first half abilities, but they are all nice. Just need something with some edge behind it.

But the summoning wouldn't work. Why have summoning magic with only one summon at a time? Now the earthquake spell from you third list give me an idea, nature based Elemental Magic.

1. Wind arrows. Ranged attack with wind magic, light damage but quickly cast. Morphs give heavier damage but slower cast or an arc area.

2. Water whip, water form out of the air into a whip shape, acts like DK Flamewhip but does Poison damage not fire.

3. Earthquake - A ground cast effect that periodically stuns, knocks down, or disorients enemies in the area. Mass AoE Crowd control.

4. Nature's shield. Wraps the warden in leaves and stone to form an armour shell. Morphs Healing Shield (heals over time) and Thorny Shield (has glowing thorns that harm attackers)

5. Geyser Field. Steaming water spouts erupt around Warden damaging attackers (but not Allies). Morphs Caustic Geysers (gives acid damage) or Healing Geysers (Heals allies as it harms attackers (low amounts)).

Ultimate. Summon Lurcher (from magical methods similar to how the Bosmer create them not the Bloodthorn cult). Morphs Strong Lurcher (more hit points)/fast Lurcher (thinner but quicker)
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Ajantear
    Ajantear
    ✭✭✭
    Classes... so world of warcraft. But then again, ESO so world of warcraft. Oh for a sandbox version.
  • Kraven
    Kraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Warden is currently the Templar. There was a different templar before but the two classes merged as they were so close together in focus. Some of the abilities you see in the Templar tree came directly from Warden.

It wasn't a warden as in druidic and nature based, it was warden as in guardian.
    V14 - IMPERIAL NIGHTBLADE - DPS/TANK
    V13 - BRETON SORCERER - HEALS/DPS
    V2 - REDGUARD DRAGONKNIGHT - MELEE DPS
    V1 - BRETON TEMPLAR - TANK/DPS

to be continued... Nevermind, no longer "to be continued"
  • Chuggernaut
    Chuggernaut
    ✭✭✭
    I'm happy with no additional classes being added to the game, but I would hope some of the abilities listed would get covered in the Spell Crafting update.
    My comrades have returned. I erect the spine of gratitude. You are a hero today. - Bura-Natoo
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Pmarsico9
    Pmarsico9
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about this:

Remove classes altogether and just keep adding skill lines.

The means to balance in this game is always going to be the skill-loadout being restricted to 10 plus 2 ultimates. Even if they do add 11 and 12, it still would be restrictive.

"But then it will all just be cookie cutter."
    It already is
  • brandon.2023b14_ESO

I have a healing sorc that has DMG as second bar and uses pets for 1v1 PvP. I have yet to find someone close to my lvl that can kill me before my pets kill them. Pets can be effective if you know how to tell them when to attack and when to come back as well as know when they are or aren't needed. Granted this build is only the mid 30's for lvl, but for questing they have served quite a good purpose. As for group PvP and or dungeons I refrain from using them unless someone can't output enough DPS to which I bring out the twilight and tell it when and where to attack.
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The four classes as they exist now allow a player to fill literally any gaming archetype from gaming lore. All but one that is, that one being nature based druids and shamans. To that end, and since I'm still naked in my bed using my phone, I suggest this quick list for the 3 skill trees for the Warden:

1) Shamanism - focuses on a mix of ranged and melee offensive abilities involving nature spirits.

2) Druidic Graces - focuses on support and healing on a minor scale

3) Warding Nature - focuses on defensive crowd control
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaynehusky wrote: »
    Aaaaaaactually, the Wyresses are commonly seen as transforming into animals, if you've done their later quests. One of which actually being a wolf, so it's very much in the lore. I think that kind of ability would be great for a "warden" class.

From what I've seen Wyresses can be different classes. But some cast swirly green magic spells which look exactly like the only warden spell that was ever shown (very briefly in a gameplay vid). So it could very well be that the class effectively lives on in them and maybe Wardens could shapeshift.

I disagree strongly on both points.

Sorc pets are freaking awesome. With them and a resto staff I can run around completely naked killing same or higher level world bosses. And when I was in my early teens (with very average equipment) I solo'ed a slightly higher level dolmen. I can't do the same with other classes.

Given how easy most PvE content is most of the time they're not value adding only because you can blick mobs too quickly for them to do much damage. Certainly doesn't mean they're a "failure" though. Just means their usefulness is situational but in those situations they are EXTREMELY useful. Plus, though I haven't tried it personally, I've read the Volatile Familiar morph is excellent for burst aoe damage.

As for Wardens being too similar to other classes, I don't see it.

Presently the functional differences between classes aren't huge, apart from pets only being available to sorcs. The main difference between them is their theme. None of them are very nature-like.

Personally I didn't buy ESO at launch. I waited until it was dirt cheap on sale. There was a pile of things I didn't like about it, having classes at all being one. I had resigned myself to playing a Warden - defensive spellcasters. I normally play healers and I like nature stuff so if there had to be classes in the game that was the one I could live with.

They dropped it supposedly due to too much overlap with Templars. I tried them in beta and since then and particularly with all but one of their heals being pbaoe you can see they were designed as melee healers. I've tried but can't love them. I actually prefer the resto staff heals and presently sorcerers, thanks to Surge, are the best class with those. Plus sorcs are the least class-like class, having no unifying theme (other than 'magic') across their skill lines. But I don't truly love them either. They're just the best of a bad bunch (for me).

I seriously was right on the fence about buying it at launch and if wardens hadn't been dropped I probably would have bought it.

While I would clap my hands with joy if they announced bringing back Wardens I wonder if their plan might be to scrap classes entirely. Having classes was always controversial and based on what they've told us about spellcrafting, the existing classes could become completely redundant when that goes live.
  • Beerbill
    Beerbill
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea of a druid-like spells i wanted so much after the Wyresses quests in the DC, but enough classes already just add as a skill-line people will have access and will not be crying about nerf that class.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beerbill wrote: »
    I like the idea of a druid-like spells i wanted so much after the Wyresses quests in the DC, but enough classes already just add as a skill-line people will have access and will not be crying about nerf that class.

They're already effectively confirmed for spellcrafting. In one of the demo vids they showed animal summoning spells and a barkskin defensive spell.

• Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Some suggestions:

1. Entangle - Immobilizes all nearby enemies in a mass of roots that sprout from the ground. Functionally similar to encase or talons.

2. Swarm - Casts out a swarm of stinging insects at a target, dealing damage over time. If the target dies before the duration of the swarm is up, the swarm will jump to a new nearby target. Morphs could, as an example, turn swarm into a more aoe-oriented ability by affecting numerous targets within an area, or by allowing the swarm to spread from one enemy to any others that are nearby.

3. Thorns - Encases you in a protective shell of brambles, increasing armor and spell resistance. Deals damage to any enemies that hit you with melee attacks while active.

4. Vines - not so sure on the name, but the idea is something like fiery grip, using a vine that lashes out and pulls your target back to you. One morph might wrap the target up in the vine, stunning them after they're pulled to you.

The final skill line could focus on a few different thinks, kind of up in the air. The first option is support/healing skills, which would make it very similar to the templar's restoring light line. On the plus side this gives us a second class that can heal the group without a restoration staff, but it may be a bit too redundant with the templar class. Another option is to fill this skill tree with aspect abilities, making it essentially a shapeshifter's tree. For example you could have "aspect of the wolf", which would transform you into a wolf while toggled on (not a werewolf, but a proper wolf) and give you access to new abilities while shapeshifted. As cool as that might be, though, I'm not sure it fits tamrielic lore.

My vote would be for a hybrid support tree, with more defensive spells as opposed to the second tree's offensive casting. Some suggested abilities:

1. Bramble Cage - Traps an enemy in a cage of thorns, dealing damage over time and stunning them (CC effect that lasts perhaps 12 seconds?).

2. Wall of Thorns - Summons a wall of vines and thorns, similar to the ice wall summoned by some NPC mages. The wall damages enemies that get too close to it, and also 'attracts' any projectiles and spells cast at nearby targets (so you could hide behind the wall and avoid fireballs and such).

4. Stalagmites - Erupts spikes of stone from the ground in an area, knocking enemies upward and dealing damage.

5. Acid Rain - Pours down acid rain on an area, dealing damage and applying an armor reducing debuff to affected enemies.

6. Regeneration - Wraps the caster in a protective shell, preventing all action but restoring health and stamina at the cost of magicka. Essentially a heal that functions similarly to dark exchange, restoring health and stamina at the cost of magicka instead of health and magicka at the cost of stamina.
    The game needs serious attention to its class system. right now its very rudimentary in mechanics where dps rules and staying out of red circles is the skill lvl.

Additions like a warden line would be excellent if they would pay attention to the PVE side and quit trying to balance their combat around PVP issues. CC and buffing , and debuffing are serious mechanics lacking in ESO currently , along with true aggro management. Taunting is near broken, and AOE dps or ST wins the day with every single encounter. not much more then moving and everyone do the highest DPS possible. The current classes are completely designed around this, New classes or skill lines are sorely needed for the future of this game.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A little interesting that they planned on having 5 classes at one point. Didn't know that.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would immediately make a character with this class.

Edited by Cody on January 16, 2015 4:24AM
  • Khydan
    Khydan
    ✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    Beerbill wrote: »

They're already effectively confirmed for spellcrafting. In one of the demo vids they showed animal summoning spells and a barkskin defensive spell.

FYI, at least according to some data mining, that's as much as we're gonna get. Oakflesh and Summon Familiar. Kind of a sorry excuse for nature magic and nothing like the Wyrd at all.

I'm definitely hitting up the AMA to see what's good with nature magic you guys should join so maybe we'll get an answer or best case scenario they consider it because of the interest
  • Mr.Hmm
    Mr.Hmm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden..... dont... they were.... epic :open_mouth: i barely remember them since when the beta was over i left ESO , but i can say this... better fix the current class problems before they put a new class otherwise the time they need to fix the current bugs will become longer.

If they want to add a new class in the game , they should first fix the current problems there exist within the current classes then add the class, if not.... well... we will have another bugged class and ZoS having not time to fix the issues due to the large amount of bugs/broken things that exist within the game currently.
    If I die tomorrow I do not want to think of the game I could of played today, therefor I will play whatever I want today while securing a future to play in as well.

A true gamer will think of all the possible outcomes and execute the one that is the hardest to accomplish.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khydan wrote: »
    FYI, at least according to some data mining, that's as much as we're gonna get. Oakflesh and Summon Familiar.

I stumbled across that reddit post recently and it does seem disappointing - assuming the datamine represents all the spells which will come with spellcrafting. I'm at least hopeful that it isn't.

Regardless, I think you've taken far too narrow a view. I'd at least include heal other and lightning bolt. I don't know about the visuals but bound weapon, burden, charm, courage, fire storm, frostbite, ice cloak, magicka resistance, paralyze, restore stamina and ward self are all effects which could fit a druid theme. That's all but a few of the known spellcrafting set.

Class-wise you could treat the Templar's abilities as sunlight-driven rather than Aedric and maybe pass on the crafted elemental spells. Or conversely go Dragonknight or Sorcerer and focus on those elemental spells.

Gear up in Bosmer style or other nature-themed clothing, grab a staff with twigs on and voila you're there. Or at least I am :)
This discussion has been closed.