Tabbards - no seal of Akatosh? Are more icons coming?

ItsGlaive
ItsGlaive
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm a bit surprised the Seal of Akatosh wasn't included in the guild tabbard creation, it's such a well known symbol. Are there any more icons coming to the tool? Could this one be added in?
Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what you're referring to as the "Seal of Akatosh"; is that the standard dragon symbol of the Empire? There's something a bit like it in the animals set.
    There is also a specific "Akatosh" crest: it's the hourglass with wings, looks a bit like this: ON-icon-Divine-Akatosh-emblem.png
    and then there's the Imperial racial icon which is like your profile avatar, looks a bit like this: 100px-ON-concept-Imperial_symbol.png

UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep the dragon one (the seal of akatosh). I'd have thought it was an obvious choice for ZOS to include but guess it's only obvious if you've already got it in mind :)

The 'dragon' symbol that looks a bit like it is a phoenix I think, it also looks pretty terrible.
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xabien wrote: »
    Yep the dragon one (the seal of akatosh). I'd have thought it was an obvious choice for ZOS to include but guess it's only obvious if you've already got it in mind :)

The 'dragon' symbol that looks a bit like it is a phoenix I think, it also looks pretty terrible.

Notice that no Imperial banners have it? It is the Akatosh "Dragon" symbol merged with the Empire's Red Diamond, and I am pretty sure it is an artifact of the Septim dynasty, which hasn't happened yet. The Empire is still just using the Diamond, and one presumes the Akatosh Chantry is just using the Dragon, or the hourglass version. Once Tiber Septim arises to reunite the Empire, he will presumably modify the Imperial Signet to emphasis that he is Dragonborn.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    rocketmantan.deviantart.com/art/Elder-Scrolls-Seal-of-Akatosh-Vector-418686630

Above is listed as the Seal of Akatosh, but most people will think it's the symbol for the Empire or the Elder Scrolls.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on August 7, 2014 8:35PM
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    apostate9 wrote: »
    Xabien wrote: »

Notice that no Imperial banners have it? It is the Akatosh "Dragon" symbol merged with the Empire's Red Diamond, and I am pretty sure it is an artifact of the Septim dynasty, which hasn't happened yet. The Empire is still just using the Diamond, and one presumes the Akatosh Chantry is just using the Dragon, or the hourglass version. Once Tiber Septim arises to reunite the Empire, he will presumably modify the Imperial Signet to emphasis that he is Dragonborn.

Did the seal not come about with the creation of the amulet of kings? I'm a bit of a newbie on Elder Scrolls lore
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I presume they save this kind of a signet for a special occasion.
    Unique signets as rewards for special achievements.
    There are many other signets to choose from :D
    Edited by Universe on August 7, 2014 9:10PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there's not THAT many charges tbh (why do they call them crests, that is not the correct term.)

I am hoping they will release more with time. They could really just lean on rl heraldry and add hundreds from that alone.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord wrote: »
    I presume they save this kind of a signet for a special occasion.
    Unique signets as rewards for special achievements.
    There are many other signets to choose from :D

Yep but the problem I guess (which is of my own making really) is that as the IMPERIAL Trading Company, we're kind of limited if we want a tabard at all relevant to our name and brand (our logo actually includes the Seal of Akatosh), it leaves us with the Diamond and not a lot else.

Thanks for the help and info though guys, appreciate it.