The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

login time out

matt2115
matt2115
After this maintenance every time I try to log in get the same message... login time out... anyone else having this problem?
  • rioinsigniab16_ESO
    rioinsigniab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Getting the same problem. I guess they forgot to roll out the patch when they switched the EU server back on.
    How can you soar with eagles.....when you work with turkeys?
    Options
  • Maharaj
    Maharaj
    +1 same problem! can't login(
    Options
  • Scotilla1
    Scotilla1
    Soul Shriven
    Got timeout message and as instructed Logged out before 18.00 and got a minor upload. Then restarted and still cannot login 18.58. Their published messages are confusing. Is Europe dependent on the North American mega server or not. Why such a confusing message as timeout. Why not "server is down for maintenance". Better than the usual error code 103 I suppose. Whole system, forum etc is under stress !!!!
    Options
  • edwar368
    edwar368
    ✭✭
    Yep, been trying repeatedly for almost an hour now, ever since server came back. If there is a queue, would be nice to see that and be left in it instead of constant "timeout/retry" :'(
    Mind you, have not had much better success with forums.... someone's scalability testing seems pants!!!
    Options
  • Krepuskolo
    Same thing here... no patch to download and log in time out!!! its going on for 1 hr here in rome
    Options
  • edwar368
    edwar368
    ✭✭
    well after 1 and a half hours since the eu servers supposedly "came back up" and constant "login time outs", the launcher suddenly downloaded a patch, and suddenly, I can now log in. Not very reassuring from a technical stand point
    Options
  • nico.idmaneb17_ESO
    I got still those problems and and got old patch. how i update it?
    Options
  • ymonakhov_ESO
    deleting stuff from the ProgramData folder and host * files fixed the issue temperately...then while playing i got an error message and got kicked out...tried logging back in and it went back to the "Login Timeout" error on the login...trying the ProgramData fix again, might work
    Options
  • Vyndeleron
    Vyndeleron
    ✭✭✭
    It's possible the cause of this is too many people logging in at the same time
    Options
  • edwar368
    edwar368
    ✭✭
    I didnt delete any files to get mine working, however the launcher doesnt update whilst you are trying to log in. So when I fully quit the game, the launcher sprang into life and patched. However, I had tried this every 30 mins or so (fully quitting) so it wasn't just that. I strongly suspect insufficient capacity on the patch servers
    Options
  • ymonakhov_ESO
    ProgramData trick worked, logging back in, we'll see if i'll get an ingame error again

EDIT: seems to be working
    Edited by ymonakhov_ESO on 7 April 2014 19:52
    Options