The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Orsinium/Wrothgar should be cross-faction

Pallmor
Pallmor
✭✭✭✭✭
Sadly, I'm sure that Orsinium/Wrothgar will be like Craglorn, where each faction gets their own instance. But it would be nice if there was just one area of the game where members of opposing factions could meet in a non-PvP environment and socialize, run dungeons/grind together, etc. I've got friends in other factions who I've never even seen in-game before. It makes it all-but-impossible to have a true cross-faction guilds too.

It's not like I can just create a level three character fresh out of Coldharbor and go run vet dungeons with my friends and guildees from other factions. And I'm sure not about to level up two more characters in the other factions to vet14 again. One was hard enough.

If you want some excuse for this, just say that, in the epilogue to the plane-meld unpleasantness, Meridia decreed that Wrothgar would be the one region where the three factions could meet safely--with her assurance that none could harm the other. There you go, lore-friendly and everything. Now let's all go drink mead together and do some dungeon runs!
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FB_IMG_1433816254375_zpsrei2ghua.jpg
    +100
  • krees28b14_ESO
    krees28b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    FB_IMG_1433816254375_zpsrei2ghua.jpg
    +100

LOL
  • SafiyerAmitora
    SafiyerAmitora
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, but imagine zone chat with those who are loyal only to one faction insulting others in the other two factions... Sometimes there's consequences for awesome ideas. ;_;
    Legend || Mizery Records || Black Market Wares
    Aeilith ~ AD L50 Khajiit magicka NB dps/max crafter (NA)
    Naraiya ~ AD L50 Altmer magicka Sorc dps (NA)
    Dont Die Like I Did ~ DC L50 Khajiit magicka Templar heals (NA)
    Bring The Pain ~ AD L50 Dunmer magicka DK tank (NA)
    An Achílles Heal ~ AD L50 Breton magicka Templar heals (NA)
    One Two Gank A Few ~ EP L50 Bosmer stam NB dps (NA)
    Your Lást Mistáke ~ DC L50 Altmer magicka NB dps (NA)
    Rekts All Noobs ~ DC L50 Redguard stam DK dps (NA)
    Reaper of Salt ~ EP L50 Khajiit stam Sorc dps
    The Réktoning ~ AD L8 Dunmer magicka DK dps
    Avaraiya ~ AD L25 Altmer magicka Warden tank
    Nafatiri ~ EP L24 Argonian magicka Warden heals
    Once Upon An OP Magden ~ EP L3 Altmer magicka Warden dps (NA)
    Updated: 08/01/2018
    759 Champion Points || ESO Member since Apr 2014
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, but imagine zone chat with those who are loyal only to one faction insulting others in the other two factions... Sometimes there's consequences for awesome ideas. ;_;

It's like my grandma used to say: I can live with smack-talking as long as there are no smack-downs.
  • Iggybot
    Iggybot
    ✭✭✭
    I was under the impression wrothgar was going to be solo content.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel like Craglorn should also be cross faction since it's sort of a neutral territory anyway.
    :trollin:
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craglorn should be made cross faction . . . Keep everything the same, but Turn spell scar into a PvP pit and players can make bets on who can kill who.
  • SafiyerAmitora
    SafiyerAmitora
    ✭✭✭
    Pallmor wrote: »

It's like my grandma used to say: I can live with smack-talking as long as there are no smack-downs.

And others might not tolerate any insults. :/
    Legend || Mizery Records || Black Market Wares
    Aeilith ~ AD L50 Khajiit magicka NB dps/max crafter (NA)
    Naraiya ~ AD L50 Altmer magicka Sorc dps (NA)
    Dont Die Like I Did ~ DC L50 Khajiit magicka Templar heals (NA)
    Bring The Pain ~ AD L50 Dunmer magicka DK tank (NA)
    An Achílles Heal ~ AD L50 Breton magicka Templar heals (NA)
    One Two Gank A Few ~ EP L50 Bosmer stam NB dps (NA)
    Your Lást Mistáke ~ DC L50 Altmer magicka NB dps (NA)
    Rekts All Noobs ~ DC L50 Redguard stam DK dps (NA)
    Reaper of Salt ~ EP L50 Khajiit stam Sorc dps
    The Réktoning ~ AD L8 Dunmer magicka DK dps
    Avaraiya ~ AD L25 Altmer magicka Warden tank
    Nafatiri ~ EP L24 Argonian magicka Warden heals
    Once Upon An OP Magden ~ EP L3 Altmer magicka Warden dps (NA)
    Updated: 08/01/2018
    759 Champion Points || ESO Member since Apr 2014
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To some extent it depends on the quest story-lines, but in any event I'm happy with separate faction areas in the game. I don't PvP myself, but it seems to me to strengthen the PvP conflict between the alliances if they don't mingle together in PvE. I certainly have no wish to see cross-alliance trash talk in zone chat.
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    To some extent it depends on the quest story-lines, but in any event I'm happy with separate faction areas in the game. I don't PvP myself, but it seems to me to strengthen the PvP conflict between the alliances if they don't mingle together in PvE. I certainly have no wish to see cross-alliance trash talk in zone chat.

Well, if RPers want to role-play fictional grudges against fictional alliances, that's fine. But it shouldn't stop the rest of us from having a neutral zone to meet-up/quest with friends from other factions.
  • mips_winnt
    mips_winnt
    ✭✭✭

You think it could possibly be worse than the zone chat we have in some areas now? Personally I find that prospect highly dubious. :wink:
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought in the imperial city update you could group with players from other factions for dungeons using the group finder. ZOS had that in the first IC patch notes.
    NA/PC
  • Lenikus
    Lenikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeni is working on that... pretty sure that most of the 'non-standard' zones, like Coldharbour, Craglorn, and future DLC areas, will be cross-faction zones, for PvE peeps have buddies on other alliances. They did make vague statements about that on that stream they did on that game conference thingie, and even earlier when talking about that clockwork something and other dlc.
    ... Mai cave. >:3
  • Rikal
    Rikal
    ✭✭✭
    It would be interesting, but wouldn't they have to name it "Non-Immersinium"?
    Rikal on NA-PC (aka Rhaulikko)
  • Rikal
    Rikal
    ✭✭✭

Yeah. Maybe it's just me but currently ESO chats seem remarkably civil compared to other games I've played. Would hate to change that. But maybe that's just because so many people conduct business there because there is no auction house.

Rikal on NA-PC (aka Rhaulikko)
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cross-faction is coming in the future; starting with dungeons then expanding outwards. I am thinking that dungeons will be followed by the Guild sanctuaries (Eyevea and the Earth Forge), and then going on to the Neutral Zones after that (Coldharbour, Craglorn, and Wrothgar/Orsinium).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • kogadrake
    kogadrake
    The hole story to Vet1-10 is to get to the other factions because you will need to come together in the future for some untold task. It will happen at some point. I see it being more of just the dungeon finder to start (mainly to make it faster/easier to kill groups), but we will likely have some group based expansion where we work together against some large force where we can or possibly are forced to group together.

This being said, dont expect it to be everywhere or 100% civil between the factinos when we can cross faction group
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Cross-faction is coming in the future; starting with dungeons then expanding outwards. I am thinking that dungeons will be followed by the Guild sanctuaries (Eyevea and the Earth Forge), and then going on to the Neutral Zones after that (Coldharbour, Craglorn, and Wrothgar/Orsinium).

I hope you're right. But with the exception of the group finder changes, ZOS has so far shown little to no interest in allowing ANY cross-faction play outside of PvP areas. And I think they're only making the group finder changes out of sheer desperation (hoping to find ANYTHING that will make that worthless group-finder somewhat less worthless).

• Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edit: Everything I said already covered in thread so never-mind.
    Edited by Tyr on 31 August 2015 15:49
  • Nichordius
    Nichordius
    ✭✭
    You know what, though... Just because we selected the Daggerfall Covenant, or saved Nirn, doesn't mean that our characters did. It's not breaking immersion to let a reachman escape his tribe, or to let a bosmer get some peace and quiet.

If you want to say that the alliances don't belong together there, you may as well say that EP and AD shouldn't enjoy the content.

Doing this will only open doors for everyone to use their own logic, and meet their own needs.
    Edited by Nichordius on 29 September 2015 02:45
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kogadrake wrote: »

This being said, dont expect it to be everywhere or 100% civil between the factinos when we can cross faction group

In DC we are always 100% civil ... especially in our starter zone chat (Glenumbra) ...

• UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zenimax has plans to bring cross-faction gameplay into the fold, but that is still under development...
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either make it pvp or just leave it faction specific. I do not want to deal with the opposite faction unless I am stabbing them.