The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Beind stuck on Cyrodil's loading screen and how to fix it (PS4)

Winterpsy
Winterpsy
✭✭✭
Happened a few times.

Something happens, you suddenly get the loading screen. Then the message appears on top, that "it may take a bit longer than usual". But the loading screen never ends. (Once I left it there for a good 10 mins, and did not finish "loading", restarted game instead)

However!

You can get back on pressing the option button.

(a friend of mine told me in voice chat that while I was raging over being stuck on the loading screen, he could see my character allright, standing in the game world doing nothing. This is how we figured it out that something's amiss, and it's just the loading screen acting up)

Later it happened to him as well. Same technique above solved it.

Just saying in case you've run into the same. Previously I had to restart the game each time.

Big fat Nord Dragon knight with a huge hammer. - Tank
Stealthy argonian witch templar - Healer (lowbie)
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interesting... so you just press the options button? o.O Well, thanks, I'll give it a try next time it happens to me.
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• Winterpsy
    Winterpsy
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, that's it.
    Might work with other keys too, but with the options button both of us managed to get out of the loading screen loop in two different occurances.

Big fat Nord Dragon knight with a huge hammer. - Tank
    Stealthy argonian witch templar - Healer (lowbie)
  • Techlisp
    Techlisp
    ✭✭✭
    <<<< Makes mental note.

Last night I crashed twice in fifteen minutes of jumping in to PvP. I am really on the fence over Imperial city the way PvP is so flakey on PS4.

If you ever run in to a square of unloaded texture and your avatar just ends up running on the spot. The way I got out of it was crouching and rolling backwards away from it.

This post will not take you an unusually long time to read.

PS4. EU. EP.
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Indeed, the texture bugs are crazy. I have a slightly bad feeling about IC too, because of that reason. Yesterday was one of the laggiest days for me, ever -- it was a bank holiday Monday so I assumed more people were on, because the queue to get into Cyrodiil was huge and the lag was insane.
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke

• Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just had two "Unusually long loading screens" and tried your tip, it worked! I had to spam 'Options' though, and it works like a charm. Thank you so much for this, i'll let my friends know.
    YoutTube ESO Playlist