The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Error Code when attempting to log in.

Equinox_Shift
Equinox_Shift
Soul Shriven
Good Afternoon,

I figured I would try to have this addressed here, as the ticket process appears to be a little congested at the moment, and I fear that my ticket will not be addressed in a timely manner, not out of negligence, but simply out of how busy they must be.

Please read this carefully.

During the patch day, unbeknownst to myself, I attempted to log into my account from an alternate PC, other than my usual home laptop.

After entering my credentials, I was informed that I was attempting to log in from an IP Address different from that of my own, and if I wanted to continue, that I would have to enter a code delivered to my e-mail address.

This went as per normal, with myself retrieving the code, and entering it into the space provided.

Upon doing so, I was informed that the servers were not active at this time, and to try again later. I realized it was a patch day, and quit the game, eager to return later.

Soon after the patch completed, and the servers were available again, I attempted to log on, only to find, to my dismay, an error.

Error 301 (3:1:1223:0)

Now, I was informed that this was due to the heavy server load, however when I attempted to use my home laptop, I was permitted to log in.

It appears that whenever I attempt to use this PC, that I receive this error, and I am prohibited from logging into Elder Scrolls Online. I am curious to know why this is happening, and what I can do to fix the issue?

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

What solutions did you find to work for you?

I have tried uninstalling the game, and freshly installing it again, to no avail.

Please help me, I truly would like to play this from a desktop PC when I have a break, or some time to myself, or perhaps even from a friends house.

Thank you,

Equinox_Shift
  • Equinox_Shift
    Equinox_Shift
    Soul Shriven
    Alright, so for everyone looking for a solution to this issue, I have found out an answer to the problem I was having.

On you router, you need to set up Port Forwarding. Then enable a range of ports in order to connect to the server.

I'd advise looking up your router online, in order to determine how to set up Port Forwarding, as explaining each router will take forever.

The following port range needed is:

TCP/UDP
    24100 - 24131

TCP/UDP
    24500 - 24507

Forwarding these ports should enable you to connect to the Elder Scrolls Online servers.

I certainly hope that this helped many who are experiencing this problem.

As to the Customer Support. Please add this solution to your Error 301 solutions, as this immediately fixed the problem for me.

Thank you,

Equinox_Shift
  • Phil.makinb16_ESO
    Thanks for this i'm glad it worked for you. Seems to make no difference for me though.
    I have a couple of questions i'd appreciate your clarification on:
    1) when i change port range i'm asked to change the lan server ip address. Is this the address i get from looking in control panel for my pc or is it the address i get from using a service like 'whatsmyip'? (although i tried both and neither seems to work)
    2)for teh tcp/udp ranges. do i enter each as separate 'inbound services'? this is what is did but without success
    Thanks
  • Equinox_Shift
    Equinox_Shift
    Soul Shriven
    What type of Router do you own currently.

I'd advise looking up your router type, along with Port Forwarding.

The method changes drastically depending on your device.
  • gilgalahad1313
    This doesn't explain the fact that I've been playing since the 3 day early access and only today, for the 1st time, while trying to switch between alts, I was getting both error 301 and 315. Why suddenly is this a router issue? I'd like to find the definitions of these codes to understand why I can no longer log in.