The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

More solo content

tzeraphb16_ESO
Well. I want it. Been playing through the story three times now, probably fewer times than most of my fellow players. The time to announce that new, long time solo chronicle update that you are working on are coming to a close. I know it is a MMO, and naturally, the focus will probably (though you can argument against that nowadays) be on the PvP and such, but I did accept that you guys made an mmo of one of my favourite single player games. So, more solo content, or at least some announcments or thoughts would be good, for us that loved the single player games, accepted the mmo thing, but still prefer solo play mode over PvP or group content.
  • Shinra
    Shinra
    ✭✭✭
    Wrothgar. Spell Crafting. Justice System. Thieves Guild. Dark Brotherhood.

There really is enough announced Solo content. Now they just have to implement it :p
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want more solo content too.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a complete new zone called Wrothgar coming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqivTnEteG0

Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Wrothgar has dailies similar to Craglorn, but on a solo or small-group scale. We need dailies in other zones (that aren't Cyrodiil) as something to hold us until Spellcrafting.
  • snipeopsub17_ESO
    Solo content? Yes Please!

Craglorn blows imo.
  • Loneshard
    Loneshard
    ✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    I want more solo content too.

Me too! ;)
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed, would love for any of this stuff to come out soon.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    honestly i just wanna see where meridia mentioned other daedric princes have taken notice of you? actually be made into content i want a shivering isles visit as an entire realm with a full quest line etc given the time line maybe another attempt to halt the greymarch. some bliss and crucible and maybe even madness and amber motifs. but yes more solo zones with option of partying but NOT FORCED PARTY.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well. I want it. Been playing through the story three times now, probably fewer times than most of my fellow players. The time to announce that new, long time solo chronicle update that you are working on are coming to a close. I know it is a MMO, and naturally, the focus will probably (though you can argument against that nowadays) be on the PvP and such, but I did accept that you guys made an mmo of one of my favourite single player games. So, more solo content, or at least some announcments or thoughts would be good, for us that loved the single player games, accepted the mmo thing, but still prefer solo play mode over PvP or group content.

totaly awesome idea, i love this idea. especially for those of us struggling to get the undaunted passives, maybe cut us a break now and allow us to get those passives solo?
    hopefully the dark brotherhood and thieves guild quest lines will be solo and also the possible Vvardenfell expansion?

• Shinra
    Shinra
    ✭✭✭
    totaly awesome idea, i love this idea. especially for those of us struggling to get the undaunted passives, maybe cut us a break now and allow us to get those passives solo?

No way. Everybody who worked hard to get those passives would look like a complete ***. And well, it's an MMO. You have to work hard to get the better things, obviously.
    hopefully the dark brotherhood and thieves guild quest lines will be solo and also the possible Vvardenfell expansion?

^^Why don't you wait for the zones they have actually announced?
    Wrothgar (Solo) and Murkmire (like Craglorn)?
  • TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Need more to do, doesn't necessarily need to be solo content. I'd love a working LFG and an arena/bg system.
    -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
  • Shinra
    Shinra
    ✭✭✭
    TheLaw wrote: »
    Need more to do, doesn't necessarily need to be solo content. I'd love a working LFG and an arena/bg system.

I think there are really enough group things to do at the moment. Playing Trials for amazing set pieces, undaunted for set pieces and passives, Dragonstar Arena yet again for set pieces.

Solo, there isn't much to do besides farming for different motifs and nirnhoned things, or farming for money to buy those things. Spellcrafting and Champion System, as well as Justice System will spice things up a bit.
    ^^would really love to see something like really hard solo trials with promising rewards. But I guess I will have to wait till Wrothgar for that.
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shinra wrote: »
    TheLaw wrote: »

I think there are really enough group things to do at the moment. Playing Trials for amazing set pieces, undaunted for set pieces and passives, Dragonstar Arena yet again for set pieces.

Solo, there isn't much to do besides farming for different motifs and nirnhoned things, or farming for money to buy those things. Spellcrafting and Champion System, as well as Justice System will spice things up a bit.
    ^^would really love to see something like really hard solo trials with promising rewards. But I guess I will have to wait till Wrothgar for that.

I would love solo trials too, for the 2 hours we would get to keep it until the servers go offline for a hotfix nerf because the solo crowd was screaming their lungs off to CS when they couldn't kill the boss by poking it with a staff.

Basically, what happened to vet zones :neutral_face:
    Edited by pppontus on December 2, 2014 10:03AM
  • Shinra
    Shinra
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they would nerf trials like that.

for one, the Veteran zones are a huge part of the game and the biggest part of the playerbase needs to be able to play it.

trials, doesn't matter if group or solo, aren't that big. And I don't think that, if the solo trials are made like the group trials that they will be nerfed even if they are hard.
    (Of course there need to be some easier but challenging trials like AA, some a bit harder like Hel Ra and some almost impossible without month of trying like SO)

And they can't really use DPS-races, because DKs would have an high advantage.

But what I am hoping most for (aside from challenging content and cool new sets) is that solo trials will rebalance the classes.

(You can't hide it when there is a leaderboard and the fastest 50 chars are 80 % of the same class. Or a certain class just can't complete the trial, whatever they try.)
    Edited by Shinra on December 2, 2014 11:07AM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB and TG are highly likely to be solo. It would be inconsistent with the existing guilds if they were not.
    Vvardenfell expansion? Never heard that was even on the cards. Wrothgar will have a lot of solo content though.

What we also need are some solo dailies (that are interesting enough and rewarding enough to be worth repeating). All PvE-zone dailies at the moment (apart from Crafting) are for groups.
    • Fighters Guild Dailies: You're sent out to shut down a mini dark anchor. These could occur in the same random places as the existing dark fissures, but you need to go into Coldharbour to find the pinions (a la Oblivion's Oblivion Gates). If you're not on the quest, you get the standard dark fissure which disappears after defeating the boss. If you are, you get to enter the mini anchor after defeating the boss and experience a delve-sized dungeon on your way to the pinions. In addition to the standard reputation/experience/gold reward, you get to keep the Anchor Pinion, which can be exchanged for gear. The more you collect before you exchange them, the better gear you receive.
    • Mages Guild Dailies: You're sent to a delve in the region to recover lorebooks to be brought back and translated (a la Skyrim's Shalidor's Insights). If you're not on the quest, the delve acts like normal and the chest containing the book cannot be found. The chest would either be in the main boss room, or in a side room with a mini-boss. In addition to the standard reputation/experience/gold reward, you get a Gem Fragment, which can be exchanged for items. The more you collect before you exchange them, the better items you receive.
    • City Guard Dailies: (Not very interesting, but would give you a bit more gold and XP if you want to go grinding.)
      • [x] creature is harassing [y] location. Go and kill [n] of them.
      • [x] criminal has escaped and is hiding at [y]. Go and apprehend them.
      • [x] item has been stolen, and has been taken to [y]. Go and retrieve it.
      • [x] citizen has been kidnapped and taken to [y]. Go and rescue them.
    The Justice System, Thieves Guild, and Dark Brotherhood would add some more opportunities for dailies.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to have joinable small factions with centre for social life I could do RP quest for with my alts. I never did any daily in MMO - I was always alting when there was a space for it. Its not really possible in ESO. Any zone you pick up feels the same, so you get the feeling it does repeat, so you have no desire for alting there. You get hardly the level you need to continue even if you do all quests and discovery. And it is linear - 1 main quest for a zone with random set of side quests around - some of them doesnt fit there even.
    If they would make the quests more circle based it would be better I think.

If I would do a zone I would pick up 2-3 fractions there lore based, I would imagine where they would settle if they would really live there and there I would make their base - with some centre of their social life and there I would implement features for player guilds - like dance space or seats or feast preparations. It could be daily also. Every night they could gather for a dance or worship and you could just join their actions. During a day you could go pick up ingredients for a feast or go hunting an animal with hunters or go steal something for them, it would depend what kind of fraction it would be. But the fractions would have to be really unique - like Bretons in Daggerfall, Redguards in Alikr desert and so on. I would compare it to travelling - if you go to Africa, you dont really want to see Europeans there - so it is the same in fantasy. With this random set how is it now - it is just a chaos. And it is just about saving someone, so you feel like you are just running from quest to quest through a zone. If they would add another quests made the same way - it would end up the same - it would feel empy even in a zone full of quests.

Im saying this because I love this game and I want it to be the best.

Edited by Mandragora on December 2, 2014 4:11PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love soloing, I actually do it most of the time. Honestly though, there is a ton of solo content. Probably more solo content than any other MMO I have ever played. Did you really do all the side quests for each faction in every zone? Screenshots of your achievement window please, because I find it hard to believe you ran out of solo content.
    :trollin:
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    I will just add an example of what I would like to see in ESO - possible spoiler for Rivenspire (if you didnt finish that zone):

I like Rivenspire the most of the zones I did (I didnt do all the content yet). There is less side quests and it feels more compact and unique. I would say one of the centres there would be Ravenwatch castle with vampires. I would add there the possibility to join their vampiric faction and became a vampire. I would make it centre where the vampire players could come back and do some daily based on vampirism, or just feasting on some bodies. Also there could be some kind of gathering of vampires once per a month.

I really miss that kind of features in ESO. Something just to relax and have fun.

And is it possible to join city guards? Where?
    Edited by Mandragora on December 2, 2014 5:14PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mandragora wrote: »
    It's not, I was just adding that in as a possible source of dailies.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Kraven
    Kraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can get the Undaunted passives solo. Delve achievements count for Undaunted, anything under the Dungeons tab in the achievements journal goes toward Undaunted. I wish they'd awarded retroactively for those of us who had already completed all that but that's a different argument.
    V14 - IMPERIAL NIGHTBLADE - DPS/TANK
    V13 - BRETON SORCERER - HEALS/DPS
    V2 - REDGUARD DRAGONKNIGHT - MELEE DPS
    V1 - BRETON TEMPLAR - TANK/DPS

to be continued... Nevermind, no longer "to be continued"
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kraven wrote: »

You can get the Undaunted passives solo. Delve achievements count for Undaunted, anything under the Dungeons tab in the achievements journal goes toward Undaunted. I wish they'd awarded retroactively for those of us who had already completed all that but that's a different argument.
    Since when? (< honest question, not idiom) I thought it was just the Group Dungeons achievements and the Group Challenges from Public Dungeons that counted.
  • Kraven
    Kraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not going to get into the argument of Solo vs Group vs PvP, as personally my favorite content is all group content. Matter of preference and opinion.

I do think there is not enough of any type of content.

Solo: Wrothgar, Justice, Spell crafting, and the two guilds (which were supposedly coming "shortly" after launch when they announced them well over a year ago now.) Might be a step in the right direction for solo players. I do think there needs to be a few really epic story lines, where player choice actually matters. A meaningful faction system a la Morrowind would be a huge improvement. As it is we have all done the exact same story line, the exact same guild quests and the exact same zone quests and no matter what arbitrary choice you made along the way there is absolutely no difference at all. Meaningless and shallow comes across as damn near lazy and uninspired. Even the choice of faction is absolutely pointless and meaningless since you will do the exact same quests, the only difference is which zones are silver and gold.

PVP: Imperial city has been announced for PvP and it looks to be pretty good step in the right direction. With city sections and the sewers beneath the city adding a bit more to the PvP. But PvP is broken and has been for quite some time now, where the campaigns have been divided up into buff points and very little actual fighting really takes place. Except for the fighting of lag, apparently that lag boss is a world killer.

GROUP: While DSA and 1.5 were a nice step for group play, there still needs to be more. I will be glad when each dungeon has a vet version as long as they're not overly simple or a knee jerk thrown together story.
    As far as group+ content goes with 3 trials, 2 of which are an absolute joke, is just sad. Twelve man trials that take a fraction of the time are boring and easy when compared to Vet DSA which is 4 person content.

TL;DR?: Every single aspect of the game needs more content.

• Kraven
    Kraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

Since when? (< honest question, not idiom) I thought it was just the Group Dungeons achievements and the Group Challenges from Public Dungeons that counted.

You're correct, I misspoke. Public Dungeons, which are easily soloable with very few boss exceptions requiring a duo. For those bosses you can generally find someone already in the dungeon to lend a hand.

• Shinra
    Shinra
    ✭✭✭
    I love soloing, I actually do it most of the time. Honestly though, there is a ton of solo content. Probably more solo content than any other MMO I have ever played. Did you really do all the side quests for each faction in every zone? Screenshots of your achievement window please, because I find it hard to believe you ran out of solo content.

Quite a few players already have that... Playing a zone (Main+Side Quests, dolmen, Solo and public dungeons, Skyshards, World Bosses, etc.) takes 4-6 days. When you don't hurry. There are 16 Zones, so simple math leads to 64-96 days, when playing it slow and doing PvP, and group stuff at the same time. So, 2-3 months. And well, the game is out for 8 months already.

But that isn't even the issue. Let's say you are V14 and want to do some solo stuff to fill an hour till a guild trial run starts. And you still have some quests in the V9-V10 zones.
    normal overworld quest opponents? way to weak
    world bosses solo? weak
    Dolmen solo? still weak
    Solo dungeons solo? that's a joke, right?
    Public Dungeons solo? weak as well

Actually, there are a few daily quests in Craglorn that you can do solo, and playing anomalies solo is fun an challenging as well, as well as the normal dungeons ins Craglorn, but there aren't any rewards, so you can only do that much till it becomes boring.
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Mandragora wrote: »
    It's not, I was just adding that in as a possible source of dailies.

OK, that was another painful thing for me to find out - everything seems it was intended for players to join Lion guards, but it seems they have changed it for some strange reason :( I would like to have that kind of daily and also to do all the quests with them - to fight for their cause :( The main quest for Glenumbra would be much stronger and more personal for players I think :(.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You are incorrect on a couple of fronts here. Delve achievements do not count towards the Undaunted skills. The achievements for Public Dungeons do not count, either. Only the achievements under the General, Trials, Group Dungeons and Veteran Dungeons sections count towards the a Undaunted skills. However, when you kill, heal or block in the delves (like Entilla's Folly) or the public dungeons (like Razak's Wheel), those actions count toward the related achievements under the General section. Earning the achievements for clearing delves or public dungeons or defeating the bosses in the public dungeons does not increase the Undaunted skill line.
    Edited by LonePirate on December 3, 2014 2:06PM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i want PvP to be cleansed of all the horrendus lag and cheating that is rampant throughout it.

PvP needs to be fixed first, then we should worry about PvE
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wish crag was solo, no one bothers doing those quests :(
  • madmacb16_ESO
    madmacb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    kieso wrote: »
    wish crag was solo, no one bothers doing those quests :(

I totally agree I spend hours getting nowhere in craglorn but I guess its not meant for me
    I ran out of All solo content 6 months ago all I have left to do (reliably) is V12 up to V14 and its just a grind fest

Please can I have something to do :¬)
    Edited by madmacb16_ESO on January 30, 2015 7:24PM
  • mauritius.krebsb16_ESO
    i'd cerntainly love more solo content, with unique new skill lines (dark brotherhood, thieves guild) and/or challenging solo content in general with appropriate rewards. i've always been uninterested in big group pve dungeons/raids but don't like missing out on some good items that often only drop in endgame raids. eso luckily isn't that punishing in that aspect, but more solo content is always welcome, so i don't have to pvp all the time.
    it's a shame that db and tg still were not introduced but the justice system is a step in the right direction. just think about how much potential those two guilds have in terms of storytelling and gameplay.