The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

1.5.6 Totally Broke Guild Stores

Rexlupis
Rexlupis
✭✭✭
Every time I try to use the guild store from the banker, the client immediately crashes to desktop. I have tried disabling all add-ons I have that affect the store; no change. I have tried repairing my install from the launcher; no change.

This problem only started occurring after today's patch and is 100% persistent; it does not crash my client some of the time; it crashes every time I open the guild store without fail.

No UI errors or errors are displayed other than the crash report, of which I have sent at least five in the last thirty minutes.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    have you tried a different banker?
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Which banker are you visiting, @Rexlupis‌?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Rexlupis
    Rexlupis
    ✭✭✭
    I have tried two, one in Riften and one in Belkarth. Both crash the client immediately as soon as I choose the guild store option.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Try moving your add-ons folder somewhere else (like to your desktop so you don't lose everything) and try talking with the banker again.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Rexlupis
    Rexlupis
    ✭✭✭
    Try moving your add-ons folder somewhere else (like to your desktop so you don't lose everything) and try talking with the banker again.

Strangely, that worked. Another guild mate of mine said that he had the same problem and that disabling the addon "Awesome Guild Store" resolved it for him, but when I had disabled it, my client was still crashing every time I used the guild store.
  • Rexlupis
    Rexlupis
    ✭✭✭
    Another guild mate of mine who does not use Awesome Guild Store is having the same issue. We both use Foundry Tactical Combat, which shouldn't have an effect on the guild store, but it is a common denominator between me and this other player. I'm going to try moving back my addon folder and disabling that and see if it still produces a client crash.

Update: He tried disabling FTC and it still crashed for him when using the guild store. He was using the banker in Rawl'ka.

Update 2: It seems the culprit is the addon "Advanced Filters." Disabling seems to have resolved the issue.

Update 3: Even stranger. Turning the addon "Advanced Filters" back on and using the guild store did not reproduce the crash. I don't know why moving my addons folder outside of the Documents\Elder Scrolls Online directory and then back fixed the issue, but it did.
    Edited by Rexlupis on November 24, 2014 10:54PM
  • Rexlupis
    Rexlupis
    ✭✭✭
    The strange behavior continues. When I went to Riften with my addons enabled, and tried to use the guild store, my client crashed. Disabling the addon Advanced Filters and trying to use the guild store in Riften after restarting the client also resulted in a crash.

Update: Closing the client and moving the addons directory out of my documents\Elder Scrolls Online to my desktop, starting the client and using the guild store did not produce the crash. Moving the addons directory back into the documents\Elder Scrolls Online folder while the client is running and reloading the ui allows me to use my addons and does not produce a crash while using the guild store. This seems to imply that the conflict isn't quite arising between the guild store and the addons, but something that happens between connecting to different phases of the megaserver with addons loaded and using the guild store. Hopefully this information helps your support team narrow down the possible problems.
    Edited by Rexlupis on November 24, 2014 11:29PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks so much for the extra info, @Rexlupis. Could you let us know if any of the files in your add on folder have a space in the name? This could be causing an issue.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This crashing appears to be related to Sous Chef!

The offending code is "(TRADING_HOUSE:IsAtTradingHouse() and GetTradingHouseSearchResultItemLink(bagId))"

As a workaround open Common.lua and change line 114 from

local itemLink = (slotIndex and GetItemLink(bagId, slotIndex)) or (rowInfo.lootId and GetLootItemLink(bagId)) or (TRADING_HOUSE:IsAtTradingHouse() and GetTradingHouseSearchResultItemLink(bagId)) or (GetStoreItemLink(bagId))

to

local itemLink = (slotIndex and GetItemLink(bagId, slotIndex)) or (rowInfo.lootId and GetLootItemLink(bagId)) or (GetStoreItemLink(bagId))

This will disable tooltips within the Guild Store Interface, but all other functionality remains!
    Edited by Dominoid on November 26, 2014 3:26AM
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    This crashing appears to be related to Sous Chef!

The offending code is "(TRADING_HOUSE:IsAtTradingHouse() and GetTradingHouseSearchResultItemLink(bagId))"

As a workaround open Common.lua and change line 114 from

local itemLink = (slotIndex and GetItemLink(bagId, slotIndex)) or (rowInfo.lootId and GetLootItemLink(bagId)) or (TRADING_HOUSE:IsAtTradingHouse() and GetTradingHouseSearchResultItemLink(bagId)) or (GetStoreItemLink(bagId))

to

local itemLink = (slotIndex and GetItemLink(bagId, slotIndex)) or (rowInfo.lootId and GetLootItemLink(bagId)) or (GetStoreItemLink(bagId))

This will disable tooltips within the Guild Store Interface, but all other functionality remains!

Dang! beat me to it! I just diagnosed it as Sous Chef also.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    New Info:

The exact offending line of code was:

GetTradingHouseSearchResultItemLink(bagId)

It appears as though bagId was being passed as a string value in the code and prior to 1.5.6 this string was accepted and converted to an intger by the function itself, but after 1.5.6 the string value (even though is was castable to an integer) was crashing the client. This appears to be what has happened as the newer fix below works:

Open Common.lua and change line 111

bagId = slotIndex

to:
    bagId = slotIndex + 0

The former assigned slotindex to bagId as a string and the latter forces a casting to an integer by adding 0.
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    I do not have this problem with Awesome Guild Store and confirm it was a new Sous Chef issue. Sous Chef has a new update with the work around and confirmed that the work around solved it's part in the crashes.
    Edited by glak on November 26, 2014 1:51PM
  • Gojak
    Gojak
    ✭✭✭
    I updated to the new Sous Chef and it's still crashing when I try to open guild store.

Sous Chef 2.13 the supposed updated version still crashes me when I try to open the guild store. No other mods active. Idk what gives.
    Edited by Gojak on November 27, 2014 6:06AM
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Gojak wrote: »
    I updated to the new Sous Chef and it's still crashing when I try to open guild store.

Sous Chef 2.13 the supposed updated version still crashes me when I try to open the guild store. No other mods active. Idk what gives.

Try getting rid of your Sous Chef SavedVariables file and updating to Sous Chef 2.14.
    Edited by glak on November 28, 2014 3:08PM