The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Update 5 + Mac (upgrade Yosemite) = Super Bug.

Suntzu1414
I don't know if its just my computer (purchased in 2014 - MacBook Pro i7). Or if its the combination of ESO Update + Mac Update. But, I have had substantial bugs (as late).

These bugs come in two types:

1. FPS Bugs - Typically in heavy battle. When the Undaughted Pledges came available. I was very interested, signed up immediately. But, my enjoyment, and that of my team members, dropped quickly..when : my ESO crashed repeatedly (especially waiting for final boss fights..great timing) -- leaving my Undaughted brothers high and dry. I have reported this problem twice now, and haven't heard back.

2. Trading / Mail Bugs -- I don't know if my computer has been taking over by international hackers. But, now all my trading (in person) is ending up incomplete, or not transferring product/gold. I've had the same problem with mail, I send mails to people, and they never receive them. (maybe they are just trying to ignore me...)

But, the best...is the BUG REPORT menu. With the New Client, the bug report menu, is BUGGED. i cannot report any bugs (if this is strategic , i would say it was very clever thinking). So i'm left writing / submitting bugs on-line (aka here).

If there are any other MAC ESO player, i want to hear...if you are having the same troubles. And if its cause by Update 5 , Yosemite ---both. Or most probably,just me.

Appreciate your kind comments.
ST
DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd
EP - DK 20 - Imperial - S+B / Desto / Bow
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First off, there have been reports of OS X 10.10 causing problems on MacBook Pro's dual graphics cards configurations, as well as general CPU and memory issues, especially with external monitors. While workarounds/fixes have been suggested (follow the links), it may be worthwhile to wait for 10.10.1, which has already been seeded to developers, to see whether Apple has addressed any of them.

As for your points,
    1. I had occasional crashes, few and far between. Luckily never within dungeons, but rather when running around town, crafting, etc. Maybe switching often between fullscreen and windowed modes may have something to do with it, maybe not. But this is not comparable to ye olden days of the dreaded memory leak.
    2. I haven't noticed any issues with trading or using mail, yet.
    3. I just went online to check it out: I had no trouble bringing up the customer support interface in-game. Sub-categories "Ask for help", "Submit bug" (/bug), and "Provide feedback" (/feedback) came up without a hitch and were usable, only "Knowledge base" (/help) was unresponsive, I suspect because of loading times.
    N.B.: I'm on a late 2013 iMac, not a MacBook Pro.

A few tips:
    • Make sure all of your addons are up to date for 1.5. Disable/delete any that aren't, for the time being. You should test whether any of your issues you're experiencing are related to addons by temporarily disabling all of them.
    • Enable the new FPS/Latency display in the settings: Settings > Interface > Performance: Framerate and Latency ON. Look for inconsistent and/or high latency values that the client displays. N.B.: the latency value may likely represent an internal data center or TCP connection value, for my ICMP pings to the gateway/load balancer are always much lower than what is displayed in-game (11-13 ms vs. 40+ ms). You can find out about the IP addresses the running client is talking to, and the ICMP roundtrip times, by typing lsof -i tcp | grep eso in a terminal, then pinging them with ping <IP address> (pipe symbol "|" is [Alt]-[7]) . High latency times may be an indication for packet losses along the way.
    • If you are on WiFi, connect your MacBook Pro via network cable to the router in order to try if this changes anything for the better.
    Edited by KhajitFurTrader on November 9, 2014 7:34PM
  • Suntzu1414
    thank you. this is great advice.

hats off to you!!
    ST
    DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
    DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
    DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
    DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
    EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd
    EP - DK 20 - Imperial - S+B / Desto / Bow