The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Your favorite add-ons!

Mordria
Mordria
✭✭✭✭
Hi! Since the game has been out for awhile now I was wondering what peoples top 2 or 3 add-ons were. Personally I like Skyshards and the Alchemy one.
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mini map. That's about all I use. Everything else just over crowds my game
    Options
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, you asking to choose 3 addons from all. It's a hard choise. Azurah - I can't imagine the game without this addon(someone like FTC, but in general it's similar addons). Skyshards of course. Seems it's the most popular addon. And Srendarr - buff/debuff tracker. It's my top 3 addons. My game expirience will never be the same without it.
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
    Options
  • ontheleftcoast
    ontheleftcoast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mini-map, Destinations (shows everything you haven't found), Lorebooks -- the Mage's Best Friend
    Options
  • Surfinginhawaii
    Surfinginhawaii
    ✭✭✭
    Skyshards, Wykkyd's Gaming Suite, Destinations, FTC, just to name a few.
    Options
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Picking a favorite addon would be like being in a pub or ice cream parlor and saying there is only one beer or ice cream flavor that is the best....impossible. I might love the IPA in my hand until I try a nice Stout or Lager. Which doesn't mean I don't still love that IPA. I'm using about 30 addons. I could lose maybe 5-7, the rest all greatly enhance the game in some way. Impossible to limit the field to favorites.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't use any.

I will probably get the lore book and skyshards addons one day though, don't care for the rest.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    All 48 because the vanilla UI is garbage. (why can't I put images side by side?)
    Addons_1.jpgAddons_2.jpgAddons_3.jpg
    Edited by Gillysan on October 30, 2014 12:16PM
    Options
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only 15 coincided.
    @Gillysan‌ Also, I noticed that you're using harvestmap. You should check the last merge file from comments section page on esoui (~200 crag nodes).
    Edited by AshySamurai on October 30, 2014 12:36PM
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally have no need of addons, I like the default UI as it is.
    Options
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't use the merge file for HarvestMap, I find things on my own. Usually the pins are all turned off from showing on the map. I use it to record what I found, as if I were a real explorer, and look at the pattern of nodes. Then when I run around I go for the "corridors" I have identified as having a good supply of the nodes I want.
    Options
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wykkyd's outfitter. To me, personally, game is almost unplayable without it.
    Options
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shopkeeper,Skyshards and Lorebooks I couldn't live without.

However if anyone knows which add on STOPS the stupid notifications every time a trade guild member I don't know or care about completes a trial....I'll <3 you for my ESO life!
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had to choose just one to keep, it would have to be Research Assistant. The ability to see what you have researched, what you need to research and what you can sell all at a glance of your inventory saves sooooo much time at the local merchant.

It also cross references your other characters for ultimate ease. To think I was using a pen and paper chart every friggin' time I wanted to visit the merchant to sell off some stuff...
    Edited by danno8 on October 30, 2014 1:05PM
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't use any.

I will probably get the lore book and skyshards addons one day though, don't care for the rest.

The ones for the UI I can understand why people don't like them. But there are some, like Research Assistant or AI research Grid that make certain parts of the game so much more enjoyable, that not using them is like choosing to do long-form calculus when you have been offered a scientific calculator.

I mean really, the ONLY way to track your research is with pen and paper, or you have to visit the appropriate crafting station and go through the menus to see if you can craft it? For all 200 trait and armour/weapon combos? It is just plainly ridiculous when you just want to sell off excess junk.

Edited by danno8 on October 30, 2014 1:17PM
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noone mentioned "AwesomeGuildStore".....saves your guild store search and adds much better search filters.

Research assistant/Research grid: almost required.
    Guild tools/Mailr: great for guild logistics.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    However if anyone knows which add on STOPS the stupid notifications every time a trade guild member I don't know or care about completes a trial....I'll <3 you for my ESO life!

Use "By the Nine Notify"
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't use any.

The ones for the UI I can understand why people don't like them. But there are some, like Research Assistant or AI research Grid that make certain parts of the game so much more enjoyable, that not using them is like choosing to do long-form calculus when you have been offered a scientific calculator.

I mean really, the ONLY way to track your research is with pen and paper, or you have to visit the appropriate crafting station and go through the menus to see if you can craft it? For all 200 trait and armour/weapon combos? It is just plainly ridiculous when you just want to sell off excess junk.

I like a pen and paper, it's easy to do, I've been doing it that way since the launch.

Don't get me wrong I have no beef with those addons, but I don't need them either.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    babylon wrote: »

100 Thank-you's!

If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

Options
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slightly Improved Experience Bar
    Research Assistant
    LootDrop
    Options
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BT9
    AI Research grid
    Research Assistant
    Bank Stuffer
    Bank Manager - revived
    Dustman
    Skyshards

Notice that most of these are things that the game should do itself, but no ZOS want useless & unneeded info. foisted on it's subs rather than the useful
    :)
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
    Options
  • Mordria
    Mordria
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't use any.

I recommend Skyshards. It helps find the skyshards and a lot of quests and dungeons that I would probably have missed had I not had it.
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Advanced Filters
    Research Assistant
    AwesomeGuildStore
    Shopkeeper
    Srendarr

All add features that should've been in the game from the start.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't use many.

Craft Store
    Mini Map
    Skyshards
    Destinations
    FTC
    (just for numbers on the exp bars, but I might switch that out for Slightly Improved)
    Research Assistant (Craft Store used to do this for me, but it was changed in the last update and I don't like the way it does the tracking anymore)
    Sous Chef I find so many recipes, helps me to know what I need to keep and what I should sell.

I know you asked for 3, but I can't play the game without what I have listed above. But, I won't be adding any more to the game as I don't need them.
    Edited by Nestor on October 30, 2014 2:32PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • xarguideb17_ESO
    xarguideb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I would put these 3 to top, because I really want stuff revealed on my map and not stumble around in darkness in hope of finding something:

Skyshards - locations of sky shards
    Lorebooks - locations of mages' guild's lorebooks
    Undiscovered - locations of all ... locations! I can't believe noone has mentioned this yet.

Other addons I use:
    Lootdrop - for seeing what I get when I autoloot everything
    FTC - for damage statistics, floating numbers
    Azura's - mostly for movable stat frames, also for numbers on bars
    SoftCapInfo - gotta know how far the softcaps are
    Sous Chef - I dabble in cooking, this makes it easier
    Wykkyd's Outfitter - change eq sets with a few clicks, hopefully soon to be obsolete, when this feature is implemented ingame.

People keep telling me to get minimap, but it just feels wrong. :-P I respect TES compass too much.
    Edited by xarguideb17_ESO on October 30, 2014 3:00PM
    Options
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wyykyd, skyshards, lorebook, s'rendars buffs, research assistant
    Options
  • jluceyub17_ESO
    jluceyub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't seen Alphatools yet on this list. It lets you save 8 different gear sets and 16 skill bars so you can fast swap during trials or going into/out of cyrodil. Also provides an info bar with time, available inventory and bank slots, current armor repair level and more.
    Options
  • MonkeyD00
    MonkeyD00
    ✭✭
    the only one I use is 'Show Weapons while Mounted'. which shows your weapons while on your mount :smile: .
    Edited by MonkeyD00 on October 30, 2014 3:29PM
    Options
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    • Research Assistant - I'd never remember what traits I didn't have before selling/deconstructing something otherwise.
    • Binder - because I'm an altaholic and duplicating my keybindings across multiple characters was a pain before I got this, especially when botched updates used to reset them.
    • Slightly Improved Experience Bar - I like to be able to see my XP and progress towards the next level at all times, especially when grinding.
    Options
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really surprised no one has mentioned Luminary Teleporter
    I use this one all the time to travel anywhere free without getting to a wayshrine first. Also makes it easier to force mail deliveries by zipping from zone to zone until mail appears.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
    Options