The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Anyone notice Nightblade fear doesn't give immunity unless ya break it?

• Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, thanks for the reports on this. We are aware there's an issue here, specifically that if you are blocking while feared, you don't get CC immunity. This is something we are actively working on fixing.

Just out of curiosity, is being able to block while Feared working as intended?
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »
    Hey guys, thanks for the reports on this. We are aware there's an issue here, specifically that if you are blocking while feared, you don't get CC immunity. This is something we are actively working on fixing.
    What about streak breaking dodge ? Will you look at that too? It seems strange that's it's the only thing in game that breaks dodge/roll the immunity.

Streak should break dodge. It is an AoE effect and all AoE hits through dodge. It just happens to be the only AoE disorient. Fear works through dodge as well.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed on two occasions. But it's hardly some isolated NB fear problem. I will often get Streak-locked for life unless I actively break out of it. That makes me rage way more because Streak spam > Fear spam, in terms of frequency.

Fear spam is less, cuz they need to be in PBAoE range to punch people with it, meaning squishy NB melts before he gets the skill of.

Certain skills do seems to follow the rules of the immunity timer(which I still think is way to short). But some dont. Sometimes nothing seems to give a crap about the poor immunity timer, but guessing that's caused by bad performance in PvP, to much information to process. This needs urgent fixing anyhow, NB fear included.
  • AaronMB
    AaronMB
    ✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    ...Dont ask for things they probably will mess up.

lol
    Awesome.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no stun/disorient immunity given unless you active break out of a stun.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Minsc
    Minsc
    ✭✭✭
    No, you are actually supposed to have CC immunity without actually actively breaking out as in this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oMCHmPHp0U&feature=youtu.be&t=3m24s

Taken from this old thread:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/94527/new-cc-immunity-system/p1
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »

I assume so, otherwise fear would of been nerfed long ago for being incredibly overpowered if you couldn't
  • Gooey
    Gooey
    ✭✭✭
    The amount of QQ in this thread is stupid. Fear doesn't give immunity, deal with it. Instead of crying about it on the forums. you need to find a counter.
  • FluffiestOne
    FluffiestOne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gooey wrote: »
    The amount of QQ in this thread is stupid. Fear doesn't give immunity, deal with it. Instead of crying about it on the forums. you need to find a counter.

I found it, I spam impulse until they die, then they can't fear me. GoML
    Fluffy
    Senior Fluffykins, Daggerfall Liberator of Haderus, Dragonknight.
    Fliffers, Daggerfall Liberator of Hopesfire, Templar.
    Prophet Fluffy of Death, Casual of the Dominion, Sorceror.
    Nozdorumu The Timeless, Daggerfall. Dragon. Nightblade.
    All my toon names are subject to change.
    " Ignorance must be bliss because I can't imagine why anyone would live in it. " -Fluffy
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I assume so, otherwise fear would of been nerfed long ago for being incredibly overpowered if you couldn't

Perhaps, but it would be nice to have an official response on this, as it's unique to Fear.

You know what they say about assumptions, etc. : P
  • Yonkit
    Yonkit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    Two things I want to mention.

First, I didn't even know you got any kind of CC immunity from being hit with anything. If I don't use Break Free while fighting pretty much any class, there is a good chance I will be chain CC'd until death.

Secondly, Fear is bugged atm and you are able to BLOCK while feared, which is ridiculous.

So I would be fine with them adding a few seconds of CC immunity after Fear as long as they fixed it to where you can't hold block while feared.

You are able to blocked while feared because if you couldn't it'd be the most overpowered CC in the game, a 4.5 second cc that doesn't break on damage and goes through block? Getting feared would be instant death if you didn't cc break every time

As a NB I'm very much okay with this. It's time for our day in the sun (to quote Kaiser Wilhelm).
    Has an Alter Ego in the form of a very large quadrupedal black & white Bear.
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im sure you are @Yonkit. I'm sure you are.
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about streak breaking dodge ? Will you look at that too? It seems strange that's it's the only thing in game that breaks dodge/roll the immunity.

Streak should break dodge. It is an AoE effect and all AoE hits through dodge. It just happens to be the only AoE disorient. Fear works through dodge as well.
    Patch 1.1.2 -

- You are now immune to immobilizing effects during the time you are roll dodging, in addition to breaking out of existing effects when you begin the roll dodge

Like I said, it's the only thing in game that breaks this rule. @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    Edited by TheBull on October 29, 2014 12:43AM
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Patch 1.1.2 -

- You are now immune to immobilizing effects during the time you are roll dodging, in addition to breaking out of existing effects when you begin the roll dodge

An immobilize effect is a root (like talons or stampede) not a stun. Streak is a stun you have to CC break out of, not a root you dodge roll through.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Patch 1.1.2 -

This is to combat things like Talons spam, not Streak.
  • Yonkit
    Yonkit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im sure you are @Yonkit. I'm sure you are.

Stalker.
    Has an Alter Ego in the form of a very large quadrupedal black & white Bear.
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just change the stupid skill to hit 6 targets but make it blockable. It´s such a broken CC right now.
    Edited by themdogesbite on October 29, 2014 4:59PM
    :]
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just change the stupid skill to hit 6 targets but make it blockable. It´s such a broken CC right now.

That doesn't sound better than the current iteration at all...
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Any word on the same issue with templar's Puncturing Strikes and it's morphs? if you dont cc-break AND block you will be permacc'd
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yusuf wrote: »

Any word on the same issue with templar's Puncturing Strikes and it's morphs? if you dont cc-break AND block you will be permacc'd

Tbf if they fix that, which is one of the few ways a Templar has to win 1v1 fights, expect a Templar Apocalypse in these forums and quite rightly so.

While it's not nice being perma stun-locked, they'll have to seriously do something about templar DPS options before they fix this.

If you're fighting a Templar just wear an Arena set and you're fine. Then proceed to win the fight with your superior resource management and DPS.
    EU | PC | AD
  • FluffiestOne
    FluffiestOne
    ✭✭✭✭

Tbf if they fix that, which is one of the few ways a Templar has to win 1v1 fights, expect a Templar Apocalypse in these forums and quite rightly so.

While it's not nice being perma stun-locked, they'll have to seriously do something about templar DPS options before they fix this.

If you're fighting a Templar just wear an Arena set and you're fine. Then proceed to win the fight with your superior resource management and DPS.

Sounds like the sorcs defending bolt escape in the reign of Nicolle. /laugh
    Fluffy
    Senior Fluffykins, Daggerfall Liberator of Haderus, Dragonknight.
    Fliffers, Daggerfall Liberator of Hopesfire, Templar.
    Prophet Fluffy of Death, Casual of the Dominion, Sorceror.
    Nozdorumu The Timeless, Daggerfall. Dragon. Nightblade.
    All my toon names are subject to change.
    " Ignorance must be bliss because I can't imagine why anyone would live in it. " -Fluffy
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Sounds like the sorcs defending bolt escape in the reign of Nicolle. /laugh

I'm not even a Templar!

PS: I want my uncapped, no cost increase Streak back. Oh I miss those days :D
    Edited by Maulkin on October 30, 2014 1:18PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streak breaking a dodge is working as intended, as a stun/disorient (like Streak) is not the same thing as an immobilizing effect. Basically, if the defensive check on an ability isn't against a melee attack, ranged attack, or a spell projectile, then the ability will hit a dodge rolling target.
    We are working on the way blocking functions in general, but one of the edits we'll be making is that you won't be able to block when you are feared. We don't have a timeline for this implementation yet, but we'll let you know when we do!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streak breaking a dodge is working as intended, as a stun/disorient (like Streak) is not the same thing as an immobilizing effect. Basically, if the defensive check on an ability isn't against a melee attack, ranged attack, or a spell projectile, then the ability will hit a dodge rolling target.
    We are working on the way blocking functions in general, but one of the edits we'll be making is that you won't be able to block when you are feared. We don't have a timeline for this implementation yet, but we'll let you know when we do!

So you're going to allow a 4.5 second stun basically to go through block while not allowing you to block at the same time?
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you're going to allow a 4.5 second stun basically to go through block while not allowing you to block at the same time?

This cant be happening, are you kidding me?
    :]
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the response, can't wait to see what your thoughts on blocking will be in the future. : )
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    people act like its a 4 secs that you cant do anything. you can CC break it, if you dont have stam to break it, its your fault. I know a ton of people that dont care about fear becaused they know that stamina is a resource they need to learn to manage. stamina builds wouldnt be annoyed from fear because they always have stam Ive said this before but magicka builds are SUPPOSE to have low stam its our weakness so them making it feel like a weakness I think is good.
    In general people would learn to play better instead of block casting 24/7
    Edited by Araxleon on October 30, 2014 10:34PM
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fear does no damage, affects only 2 people who will wander off in a random (read: not always beneficial to the caster) direction and is quite expensive.

Blocking while Feared and the lack of CC immunity after Fear expired should indeed be fixed, but other than that quit the whining already.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Note to self:
    Craft Arena set.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Araxleon wrote: »
    people act like its a 4 secs that you cant do anything. you can CC break it, if you dont have stam to break it, its your fault. I know a ton of people that dont care about fear becaused they know that stamina is a resource they need to learn to manage. stamina builds wouldnt be annoyed from fear because they always have stam Ive said this before but magicka builds are SUPPOSE to have low stam its our weakness so them making it feel like a weakness I think is good.
    In general people would learn to play better instead of block casting 24/7

So its either break the fear or die then.

You can't honestly believe having CC that goes through block, and what is basically a stun for all intents and purposes and you really only get 5 seconds of immunity from before it happens again is a good idea. Right now the fact that you can block while feared balances the ability. If they remove blocking while feared they will have to remove it going through block.