The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New CC Immunity System

NordJitsu
NordJitsu
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Okay so @Attorneyatlawl‌ is saying that the CC immunity with no break is new to Patch 1.07, not 1.1.1.

I originally thought there was no CC immunity after the duration of hard CC's on the current live patch. There is.

However, this is still fairly new. Its been added in one of the more recent patches.

And I still dislike the system of granting CC immunity with no action from the player.

Adding a completely new system like this without including it in any of the patch notes leads to confusion (as my threads indicate rather clearly.)

Basically, the way things used to work, you were immune to CC during the duration of the current CC (obviously) and for about a second as you came out of the CC. If you did not use the Stamina costing CC break you would not gain immunity. Now you gain immunity to all CC even if you do not stamina break. The immunity lasts 7 seconds, the same duration as the Break immunity.

This discourages players from expending stamina to break CC, which discourages active combat (no reaction necessary) especially to shorter duration CCs.

I'm still beyond frustrated that we weren't told about this. Now I'm just frustrated and slightly confused.
Edited by NordJitsu on May 8, 2014 2:49AM
@NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • e.gamemarkb14_ESO
    e.gamemarkb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Are you playing on PTS or just taking someones word for it? I would like to see a video demonstrating this please. 7 seconds would be a bit too long, were 2-3 seconds would be more balanced in my opinion.

I have to say, there needed to be some form of reasonable CC immunity to what we were dealing with already, being able to spam CC's none stop and forcing our foes to either burn all their stamina, thus forcing them to stay in the fight anyway to get burned down, was a little OP, however any long period immunity would not be the answer to dealing with this.

While we could state that everyone could obtain the heavy armor skill to make themselves invulnerable to CC for up to 7-8 seconds, it should never be a required skill or to force players to invest into it. That is why having the ability to break free from CC was implemented, but I honestly doubt they ever intended for players to be perma stuck with the standard system because of our ability to spam CC, do you?
    Edited by e.gamemarkb14_ESO on May 8, 2014 1:17AM
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you playing on PTS or just taking someones word for it? I would like to see a video demonstrating this please. 7 seconds would be a bit too long, were 2-3 seconds would be more balanced in my opinion.

I have to say, there needed to be some form of reasonable CC immunity to what we were dealing with already, being able to spam CC's none stop and forcing our foes to either burn all their stamina, thus forcing them to stay in the fight anyway to get burned down, was a little OP, however any long period immunity would not be the answer to dealing with this.

Playing on the PTS.

Video evidence within the hour.
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    currently the immunity is 6s yes (IF you ACTIVELY use the CC break)?

They did say they were working on enhancing the CC break system for all..? Is this the intention?

I have enough STA to break anything once or less because I never take my hand off the block skill TBH.. so this only makes "my life" better, but I don't agree with it TBH.

There needs to be a reason to use STA to break, otherwise only point of STA is block... if that's the intent eh.. curious to others thoughts?
    VR2 Ataxia - [NA] Veteran Dominion Sorcerer [Auriel's Bow]
    PvP, PvE, Crafting, and General Shenanigans
    >:) Sorcery and Mayhem online since 1999 >:)
    Current PvP Class/Supernatural Census
  • CheesyDaedra
    CheesyDaedra
    ✭✭✭
    Why would we even use inmovable anymore.
    Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fishstick, it's a very delicate state of mind.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

At most 1-2 seconds if you ask me. This is indeed on the PTS. It's an absurd move and a huge dumbing-down of the combat as well, making there be little reason to bother with a CC break unless you are going to die from not doing so. Why reward poor gameplay with this kind of mechanic? It also drastically will alter combat and skillcap.... and it's not even called out in the notes, being ninja'd in. Come on ZOS... talk to us before putting major game-changers like this in at all!
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on May 8, 2014 1:24AM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭

While we could state that everyone could obtain the heavy armor skill to make themselves invulnerable to CC for up to 7-8 seconds, it should never be a required skill or to force players to invest into it. That is why having the ability to break free from CC was implemented, but I honestly doubt they ever intended for players to be perma stuck with the standard system because of our ability to spam CC, do you?

Considering that the auto-immunity before this change was 5 seconds, I doubt they would reduce it below that with how much CC is available. I wonder if they increased the duration of the breakout immunity too.
  • Xancathb16_ESO
    Xancathb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a little torn on this decision, on the one hand it seems like a lazy fix to the over-abundance of CC in PvP, and on the other it does a great deal to alleviate the strain on your stamina bar for utility which is one of the major(though there are many) things holding back melee in pvp.

I think a 2-3 second immunity after CC would be more appropriate, 7 seconds is just silly.

EDIT

Wait, there ALREADY WAS a five second immunity after CC on live? Seriously?
    Edited by Xancathb16_ESO on May 8, 2014 1:27AM
  • Kolache
    Kolache
    ✭✭✭✭
    LadyChaos wrote: »
    There needs to be a reason to use STA to break, otherwise only point of STA is block...

Dodge, sprint, bash, maneuvers? Must be nice ignoring that useless green bar.
    Something being unbalanced in 1v1 does not imply that it is balanced in group play.
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    no worries guys. broken talons will still be broken! all is good!

losing more faith in these devs by the day -.-

wrong "fix" on bash, wrong "fix" on CC´s , not fixing vamp passives WHILE UR ALREADY MESSING WITH THE REDUCTION!?!??

seriously ZOS....just hire me already ill fix ur game for a reasonable salary...
    Edited by lao on May 8, 2014 1:31AM
  • Niffo
    Niffo
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a little torn on this decision, on the one hand it seems like a lazy fix to the over-abundance of CC in PvP, and on the other it does a great deal to alleviate the strain on your stamina bar for utility which is one of the major(though there are many) things holding back melee in pvp.

I think a 2-3 second immunity after CC would be more appropriate, 7 seconds is just silly.

The auto-immunity was 5 seconds before this change, and CC was still very strong with it, if they reduced the immunity 2-3 seconds the game would be unplayable unless you had Immovable slotted on both your bars so you could actually play the game instead of just watching yourself get blown up.
  • Xancathb16_ESO
    Xancathb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If that's the case how does a 2 second increase on the immunity KILL cc in this game?
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @jobo11b16_ESO‌

The immunity from CC break was and is 7 seconds.

You in particular should be upset about this. We were trying to show the Electric YoYo counter to Bolt Escape (repeated chain pulls) when we discovered that you can now only chain pull once.
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Niffo
    Niffo
    ✭✭✭
    If that's the case how does a 2 second increase on the immunity KILL cc in this game?

Because people like to be dramatic.
  • Niffo
    Niffo
    ✭✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    @jobo11b16_ESO‌

The immunity from CC break was and is 7 seconds.

You in particular should be upset about this. We were trying to show the Electric YoYo counter to Bolt Escape (repeated chain pulls) when we discovered that you can now only chain pull once.

CC break is 8 seconds, auto immunity is 5. You said in the initial post this was about auto immunity.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @jobo11b16_ESO‌

If there was intended to be an auto-immunity all along, then it wasn't working. Most CC can be continually reapplied. Like multiple chain pulls, multiple Crystal Shards (keeping you knocked down) ect.

There is no auto immunity on live afaik.
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kolache wrote: »
    LadyChaos wrote: »
    There needs to be a reason to use STA to break, otherwise only point of STA is block...

Dodge, sprint, bash, maneuvers? Must be nice ignoring that useless green bar.

I haven't wasted STA on sprint or bash since lvl 30 or so... maneuvers, yes I agree worthy, but I don't slot maneuvers atm... but it's good point.

I save every drop of STA to break CC and block, nothing else. Stun is death for my kind.. allow yourself to get stunned, you deserve to die.

so again this helps "me", but I don't agree with it as described TBH.
    VR2 Ataxia - [NA] Veteran Dominion Sorcerer [Auriel's Bow]
    PvP, PvE, Crafting, and General Shenanigans
    >:) Sorcery and Mayhem online since 1999 >:)
    Current PvP Class/Supernatural Census
  • Niffo
    Niffo
    ✭✭✭
    @jobo11b16_ESO‌

If there was intended to be an auto-immunity all along, then it wasn't working. Most CC can be continually reapplied. Like multiple chain pulls, multiple Crystal Shards (keeping you knocked down) ect.

You cannot be hard CC'ed while under the effects of a hard CC, Crystal Shards will knock you down once and then you're immune for 5 seconds, you do get the immunity swirling wind around your feet when the CC runs out. For some reason the auto immunity for Fiery Grip is incredibly short, something like 2 seconds making it worthless, I've watched for it and right after the pull finished I would get the immunity swirling wind for a couple seconds.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Playing on the PTS.

Video evidence within the hour.
    Don't let it get to you. I had to squash a false rumor "that came from the PTS" just now. It's actually good that people start questioning when they hear about things in the PTS. Cut down on some of the BS.
    @jobo11b16_ESO‌

There is not, (unless talons is an exception).
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @driosketch‌

Well I know Talons doesn't have an immunity, but that's classed as a soft CC (which is why it can't be CC broken.)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Niffo
    Niffo
    ✭✭✭
    @driosketch‌

Well I know Talons doesn't have an immunity, but that's classed as a soft CC (which is why it can't be CC broken.)

The immunities I'm talking about are only for hard CC abilities. Although there is a very short duration snare/immobilize immunity I believe its 2 seconds, I forget what triggers it.
  • Sanguisaevum
    Nord...

Are you saying that they messed with hard cc immunity mechanics, whilst completely ignoring soft cc?

Breaking out of hard cc and gaining immunity for a while was perfectly fine as it was.

ZOS... What you needed to do was APPLY THE SAME PRINCIPLE TO SOFT CC AFTER A DODGE ROLL OUT IF IT!

If what you say is correct, Nord...Then the devs truly do not understand their pvp system.
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    FINNALLY no more perma-stun 1v100 shield bashing DK's causing most random problems in PvP and also able to one-man PvE targets (with critical chance buffs) as well.

Good GOod... OP is /elitewhining once agian...
    Indeed it is so...
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nah I misunderstood some information I was given about how things were working on live.

My mistake.
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • RaZaddha
    RaZaddha
    ✭✭✭
    Nah I misunderstood some information I was given about how things were working on live.

My mistake.

ಠ_ಠ
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @RaZaddha‌

I actually have no idea now, but I'm hoping someone does. It IS working this way on the current live patch.

But @Attorneyatlawl‌ is saying that it hasn't been this way and he thinks its new to 1.07.
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Sanguisaevum
    The only time i get immunity on live is when breakout of hard cc (l &r click)

I have never gained immunity by simply waiting for a cc to end. Doing that gets you chain cc'ed as more cc can be applied as soon as the current one ends if you don't break it.

As ever, dodging out of soft cc offers no immunity (and it is this that needs to change)

This evening, i played for about 5 hours straight, and this was always the case. EU LIVE.
    Edited by Sanguisaevum on May 8, 2014 2:27AM
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @stevenkloy-elderscrollsb16_ESO‌

Ya you never used to. I doubted myself because of what @jobo11b16_ESO‌ said and then logged into to check.

It actually currently is working this way on the current live version. But that's new as of the most recent patch.

They still ninja'd in the change, just not when I thought they did. And its still bad.

I confirmed this with multiple Beta testers.
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ya you never used to. I doubted myself because of what @jobo11b16_ESO‌ said and then logged into to check.

It actually currently is working this way on the current live version. But that's new as of the most recent patch.

They still ninja'd in the change, just not when I thought they did. And its still bad.

Yup it absolutely was ninja'd in and is NEW. It did not used to work this way.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭

Yup it absolutely was ninja'd in and is NEW. It did not used to work this way.

I know during beta there was auto-immunity to hard CC when it ran its timer out, I didn't dream it, I saw the buffs popping up before they changed the API.
  • cisadanepajsuxrwb17_ESO
    Actually an elegant solution would be diminishing returns for consecutive cc's. 1st stun = full effect, 2nd stun chained after that = overrides the 1st stun but have 2/3 of the effect and so on and so forth until u become immune after the Nth stun

I forgot which game i got this from