Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sound added to bolt escape

Cinnamon_Spider
Cinnamon_Spider
✭✭✭✭✭
I noticed on the PTS that the same vocalizations used for lightning form have been added to bolt escape. For the most part, everyone that uses this ability uses it multiple times in a row. Having the screaming/grunting added to it is annoying enough that I would consider turning my sound off when playing if this is included in the live patch.

I'm asking that this not be included.
Cinn #SorcLivesMatter
Exquisite Bedlam - Sorcerer AD rank 34
Cinnamonspiderdreams - Sorcerer EP rank 24
Synaris Astarte - Templar DC rank 24
Cinnamon Spider - Nightblade AD

Youtube - Cinnamon_Spider
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    perhaps not spaming bolt escape would be an easier answer?
    you do realize that bolt escape is extremely anoying to anyone who is not a sorcerer? i hope you do realize this, because after you guys spam me with the bolt escape knock down and stunn me about 6 times and the crystal shard spaming repeatedly that by the time i get ahold of my character i have about 10% health left.
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you do realize that bolt escape is extremely anoying to anyone who is not a sorcerer? i hope you do realize this, because after you guys spam me with the bolt escape knock down and stunn me about 6 times and the crystal shard spaming repeatedly that by the time i get ahold of my character i have about 10% health left.

Sorry, but not spamming BE is not a solution. I would play with my sound off before I would play without BE.
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, if that is the case then it would not realy be a complete "sound off" but rather just turn off the "voice" then this would mute the sound effect, yes?
    this would atleast still alow you to hear everything ingame, just not the annoying voice over.
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, if that is the case then it would not realy be a complete "sound off" but rather just turn off the "voice" then this would mute the sound effect, yes?
    this would atleast still alow you to hear everything ingame, just not the annoying voice over.

True, that would probably work. It still involves turning something off that most would prefer not to, but it may have to come to that if they keep this in the patch.

Preferably enough people agree and ask them to not include this change.
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter

• Itoq
    Itoq
    ✭✭✭✭
    bolt escape knock down

Throw up immovable right before your stun immunity wears off. Or stun back at same time. Or...
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Templars have heals, DKs have invincible armors, NBs have sneak and Sorcerers have bolt escape. Deal with it.

I have not tried BE on PTS but will do so later today. I'm also concerned about that issue.
    Edited by Gyudan on October 20, 2014 6:08AM
    Wololo.
  • indigoblades
    indigoblades
    ✭✭✭
    i found it really annoying ... not sure why ZOS decided to change the audio.
  • guybrushtb16_ESO
    guybrushtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Audio is a bit weird on many skills IMO. For instance, the sound on mage's fury is 10x louder (or at least that's what it feels like) than anything else, and it's pretty "high-treble" as well, so it gets quite annoying when you have to use it constantly.

The audio on crushing shock was similarly annoying (*woooosh!* *woooosh!*) a few patches ago, so there's hope that they might change it too in the future.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just wanted to let you all know that the screaming from Bolt Escape will be removed at some point after we release Update 5. Thanks for your feedback!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to let you all know that the screaming from Bolt Escape will be removed at some point after we release Update 5. Thanks for your feedback!

Thank you very much!
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter

• Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you!
    Wololo.
  • KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭

You're closing all those threads about Bolt Escape in PvP? :(

Just kidding. Couldn't help myself.
  • indigoblades
    indigoblades
    ✭✭✭

Thank YOU !!!!