Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Night's Silence broken after patch?

• polar
    polar
    ✭✭✭
    I am not sure what is or isnt working...but I did notice that I am getting no speed boost from concealed weapon on my vamp NB with Nights Silence. I swap to my bar with concealed weapon and I am no faster than without it. I am also nowhere near as fast as I was when 1.3 came out.
    Polar Nightshade

Guild Master of The Noore
    thenoore.net
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still moving faster with my nights silence set, All armor too.
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not Night's Silence that stops working... it's the bonus from Concealed Weapon. At least this is the case for me and several other NBs I talk to. As I type this I am in Cyrodiil not getting the bonus because I cloaked out of a zerg.
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • butterfly442
    butterfly442
    ✭✭✭
    Its broken.

On 3 different characters.

If they actually made the attributes page list things like speed, fire resist, it would actually help us determine when things get wonky.

They don't tell us these thing so we remain ignorant of broken things until our warp 9 scotty speed breaks.
    Edited by butterfly442 on August 29, 2014 4:11PM
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For me it takes about 2-3 secs for the speed bonus to kick in. I figured that is normal.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Willard
    Willard
    ✭✭✭
    I currently move at a slow/normal speed with a full set equipped. Took everything off and re-equipped and no change.
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    polar wrote: »
    vamp
    it doesn't stack with Dark Stalker any more.

• smtdbplus
    smtdbplus
    ✭✭✭
    Completely broken on my NB. I have 5 NS armor and 4 NS daggers. Tried different combinations and login / logout. Absolutely no gain in speed. And no, not vamp.

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it terrible that I'm just a little spitefully glad they've screwed it up for EVERYBODY and not just my vamp???
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Is it terrible that I'm just a little spitefully glad they've screwed it up for EVERYBODY and not just my vamp???

I love how talented so many people are at glossing over reality. A cursory glance over this thread a greater number of people having no issues than those who are bugged, and I have my doubts about a number of the 'bugged' ones. So hardly everybody. However much you capitalize it, reality is, I'm afraid, rather unyielding.
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MorHawk wrote: »
    MornaBaine wrote: »

I love how talented so many people are at glossing over reality. A cursory glance over this thread a greater number of people having no issues than those who are bugged, and I have my doubts about a number of the 'bugged' ones. So hardly everybody. However much you capitalize it, reality is, I'm afraid, rather unyielding.

What?
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    The problem here is "Willard" necroed a thread from August 25th instead of starting a new one for this patch.

I am not a vampire. My night's silence set no longer works, as of patch 1.4.
  • Hears_Bright_Colors
    No concealed weapon. No vampire. 5 pieces of Night's Silence Armor. No speed change in stealth here.
  • dmarkle70b14_ESO
    Non vamp NB and my Night's Silence set is NOT working. Tried the usual fix suggestions. Tool tip is changed..does not state anything about a % bonus anymore.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, we looked into this earlier and Night's Silence is not currently working properly. We're working on a fix, and will let you know when we plan to roll it out.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • curlyqloub14_ESO
    curlyqloub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, we looked into this earlier and Night's Silence is not currently working properly. We're working on a fix, and will let you know when we plan to roll it out.

Here is your fix - revert all patch 1.4 changes to this set. Put it back the way it was. Close ticket - mark resolved, will not fix, implemented as designed. Go home and don't think about it again.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheogorath is at it again...

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌

Since there are plenty of people obviously upset with the changes of the Nights Silence set, is there a possibility of reverting it back to it's former glory?

As many have said, while the speed stacking with vamp skill tree was fast, it was only fast out of combat and using that set compared to say a hundigs or equivalent did infact gimp you, so it really is a choice of a player wanting supreme sneak sprint over crit or spell/weapon damage etc.

It's why some people specced both vamp and this armour to combine it for an ultimate sneak speed, and I don't see Bolt Escape getting penalised.

If this isn't going to happen because <reasons> can those that invested mats and crafting in this set be reimbursed.

Thankyou.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kijima wrote: »
    .....can those that invested mats and crafting in this set be reimbursed.

Can those who upgraded their VR12 sets to legendary get a refund on mats because the level cap increased to VR14? No....

• kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Levels changing is one thing, having a set nerfed to hell is another.

Perhaps if you were effected but this you would have a different opinion yes?
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

• Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dharbert wrote: »
    .....can those that invested mats and crafting in this set be reimbursed.

Can those who upgraded their VR12 sets to legendary get a refund on mats because the level cap increased to VR14? No....

False equivalency. Did any part of the VR 12 suddenly stop working? no? sorry, doesn't apply here. Nice try though. They actually ruined the set for vampires, there's a difference.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Heethcliff
    Sheogorath is at it again...

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌

Since there are plenty of people obviously upset with the changes of the Nights Silence set, is there a possibility of reverting it back to it's former glory?

As many have said, while the speed stacking with vamp skill tree was fast, it was only fast out of combat and using that set compared to say a hundigs or equivalent did infact gimp you, so it really is a choice of a player wanting supreme sneak sprint over crit or spell/weapon damage etc.

It's why some people specced both vamp and this armour to combine it for an ultimate sneak speed, and I don't see Bolt Escape getting penalised.

If this isn't going to happen because <reasons> can those that invested mats and crafting in this set be reimbursed.

Thankyou.

Bolt Escape does have "some" penalty, but that is hardly the issue. The real culprit here is Vampire passives. The Night Silence set was just fine for non-vamps at 60%. Vamps passive and set combined made it overpowered and therefore the passive should be toned down, not the set. Vampires are in need of a round of nerfs imo, but for the sake of incremental changes, it's a good place to start.

And I confirm, no movement speed bonus (or lack of penalty) for the set as of 1.4.

Heethcliff (@Thugsid)

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is your fix - revert all patch 1.4 changes to this set. Put it back the way it was. Close ticket - mark resolved, will not fix, implemented as designed. Go home and don't think about it again.

So...ALL...of...this. Put it back to how it was for Vamps as well when you get around to fixing it. There was NO logical reason to nerf it for vamps to begin with.

• kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Heethcliff wrote: »

Bolt Escape does have "some" penalty, but that is hardly the issue. The real culprit here is Vampire passives. The Night Silence set was just fine for non-vamps at 60%. Vamps passive and set combined made it overpowered and therefore the passive should be toned down, not the set. Vampires are in need of a round of nerfs imo, but for the sake of incremental changes, it's a good place to start.

And I confirm, no movement speed bonus (or lack of penalty) for the set as of 1.4.

Heethcliff (@Thugsid)

Bolt escape has less penalty? Compared to what? Than vamps running nights silence speed stacking.

Vamps health recovery is woeful, most vamps don't have much more than 20 for health recovery (most in the teens from the vamps I've spoken to) and vamps get smashed by everything from the fighters guild. Silver shards, camo hunter, it all means a very speedy death for a vamp.

And then there is fire resistance, try getting hit with a fire ballista and see how you fare being a vamp, or maybe flame ring spammers... Vamps are great and all, but they have plenty of penalties and nights silence not stacking wasn't making vamps OP, it was JUST making them fast in stealth.

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

• jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you pretend it's a dk related issue?

On a positive note the ignore feature is working. Never thought I'd use it.
    Edited by jelliedsoup on September 16, 2014 4:42AM
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You need to tell us what is happening. I have a person who want's new armor because you have nerfed the speed for Vampires. If you put it back like it was this person will have spent way too much on improving mats.

On hold now.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You need to tell us what is happening. I have a person who want's new armor because you have nerfed the speed for Vampires. If you put it back like it was this person will have spent way too much on improving mats.

On hold now.

You're talking about me, aren't you? LOL And I was just on the phone with them too and all they told me was that they were getting a lot of calls on this and they would escalate my issue on up the line and I would get a call back later. Anyway, if you're still willing to make me the armor we discussed go ahead because even if they DO fix this I think I'm going to want it anyway.

• Romikov
    Romikov
    ✭✭
    No concealed weapon. No vampire. 5 pieces of Night's Silence Armor. No speed change in stealth here.
    same problem

• enigmahacker
    enigmahacker
    Soul Shriven
    Same here..set doesnt ignore slow speed while sneaking
  • Kungfu
    Kungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌
    I experienced the lack of speed on my 5-piece set as well.

Just some notes for your testing:
    I was a vamp still when I logged in. Speed bonus did not work - but I did feel like I received the vamp passive speed bonus. I realize the vamp speed and set speeds should not stack... but perhaps it has something to do with the prioritization in "special" cases?

I cured vamp last night (shameless plug: sorry but I hate your guys' choice on this "fix".. ruined the fun of vamp for many of us).

After curing vamp, I saw no change in speed when:
    • Go into stealth with Night set equipped
    • While stealthed, unequip then requip set piece(s)
    • While stealthed, switch to non-5-piece bar (that bar runs 5 (4 med, 1 hvy) Hundings and 3 Night's Silence). Switch back while stealthed = no change in speed.
    • Go into stealth with 3-piece equipped. Switch bars = no change in speed.

Those are the specific situations that I actively tested.

I can say I did NOT try unequipping everything (as I had it all equipped before the patch) and requipping the set.

hth

PS - For what it's worth, the Night's Silence set is 3 medium "small" armor pieces and two swords. None of it is enchanted and the only pieces I tried cycling in and out were the weapons.
    Edited by Kungfu on September 16, 2014 9:49PM
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blezer wrote: »
    I just tried it and it was normal!
    Have you tried to unequippe one of the set items and then equip it back? that normally helps.

Yep didn't work.
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
This discussion has been closed.