The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

New armor styles?

Mettaricana
Mettaricana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
So are we getting anything new in terms of Motif/styles in 1.4 or am i gonna keep holding my breath? kinda hoping to see those kothringi, glass, morag, and that ebony armor i seen in various places.
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't expect to see any of those for a very long time. In fact I wouldn't even think about them right now, they are so far away it's not even worth the time.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym
    ✭✭✭
    A quote from the August 20 Road Ahead;
    We talked about a whole bunch of new systems and features during our QuakeCon presentation. Here’s a short update on some of the systems we talked about and roughly when you can expect to see them in an Update. As I said when I introduced the panel, we talked about features and systems that extend through the end of this year and beyond, so not all of them are short term.

“Expect to see soon”: new facial animation system, improved grouping, fixes to player separation issues

“Expect to see in a while”: Imperial City, Champion System

“Expect to see later”: Justice System, Spellcrafting

Sorry I can’t be more explicit than that, but obviously we need to make sure that the live game is tended to, with fixes and tweaks as appropriate while we work on big new systems like these. Stay tuned to patch notes and future Road Ahead articles for more information.

I imagine we'll be seeing the new Imperial Daedric armour at the very least as soon as the Imperial City is here, so if I had to guess, based on these comments, I'd say we're looking at sometime between December and January.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    just wondering since i saw quake con etc but also during the dragonstar update they showed a random pick of the ebony armor style and it had me a lil hopeful.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    There are no new motifs or styles going into Update 4, but we are planning on adding a new style in Update 5.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Tamanous
    Tamanous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are no new motifs or styles going into Update 4, but we are planning on adding a new style in Update 5.

Sweet! With the painfully low drop rate of motifs now I should be able to find 1 or 2 normal ones by then!
    Edited by Tamanous on September 10, 2014 8:10PM
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for the update @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like imperial city.
  • jamie.goddenrwb17_ESO
    just wondering since i saw quake con etc but also during the dragonstar update they showed a random pick of the ebony armor style and it had me a lil hopeful.

I'm pretty sure the ebon armor set is a dropped set from vet dungeons rather than a craftable style. I can't seem to find a screenshot of it anywhere but the set bonuses can be found on various wiki pages.
    I can has typing!
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want to craft akaviri stuff!:D
  • jamie.goddenrwb17_ESO
    Cody wrote: »

Like this?

Samurai-Armor-screenshots.jpg

Just to tease you. Another dropped style that I hope they let you craft at some point :D
    I can has typing!
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sounds great, @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ ! Let me guess: it's the glass armor, isn't it? :)

• Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe ebony because it is the armor of the last boss of the Dragonstar Arena. Or dwemer.
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think Imperial city :D
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    Just look at what they show at QuakeCon and its not too hard to predict what they will release.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Like this?

Just to tease you. Another dropped style that I hope they let you craft at some point :D

ah!!!!! why must you be so cruel??? what have I done to deserve this terrible fate???

they should let us craft the style, if they put it in.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Like this?

Are these the ones you buy from the vendors in Cyrodiil?
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually my guess would be, Imperial Daedric is coming in update 5. Seeing as that's when the Imperial City is dropping.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Frenkthevile
    Frenkthevile
    ✭✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »

Like this?

Are these the ones you buy from the vendors in Cyrodiil?
    yes

• runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know about motifs specifically, but I've been keeping an eye on ESOhead and these Sets have never been actually added in a Patch yet:

http://www.esohead.com/itemsets

Armor of Draconic Power
    Bone Plate Battlegear
    Garments of Gein
    Gravebinder's Garb
    Heart of the Earth
    Nightingale
    Shroud of Oblivion
    Veil of Dark Magic