The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Imperial City Is Mostly a PVE Zone

LonePirate
LonePirate
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Nick Konkle was the guest on a QGN Twitch cast on Thursday evening and he pretty much said the Imperial City will not offer much PVP except for wiping out the other factions that don't leave voluntarily when the city changes hands. If your faction does not control access to the city, you will not be able to enter it. Access to the city is determined by whatever faction controls the most (not necessarily all) of the 18 total keeps. If enough of the 18 keeps change hands to give your faction control of the city, your faction can then enter the city and wipe out players from the other factions who will no longer be able to enter into the city. Once your faction controls the city and you die while inside the IC, you can respawn inside it and bypass the sewer entrances, thus circumventing gankers who may be camping them. If you are outside the IC, you cannot respawn into the city at the shrines and you must enter the IC via sewer pipes.

It sounds like the Imperial City will mostly be a PVE zone. The discussion begins around the 12:45 mark.

http://www.twitch.tv/questgamingnetwork/b/550879608

ETC #1: Corrected the number of keeps in play (all 18, not just the central 6) that determine control of the Imperial City. Thank you, @ZOS_BrianWheeler for providing this important correction.

ETC #2: According to Brian Wheeler near the bottom of the second page of this thread, you can only enter the IC via sewer pipes which are located near keeps. If you are in the IC, you may respawn at shrines in districts controlled by your faction. If you are elsewhere in Cyrodiil, you will not be able to respawn at the shrines in the IC and must use the sewer entrances to the city.
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    =(
  • Avidus
    Avidus
    ✭✭✭
    This sounds great to be honest, to me it means hours and hours of of street fights while the enemy faction tries to rid us from the Imperial City.

I am honestly hoping there is a tavern in which we can hide in and wait for the flood of incoming enemies. That way ill finally get a tavern brawl.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes also exclusive crafting tables to be used only by the controlling faction..fights outside of the sewers that lead into it etc. I hope the new sets are good..it sounds exciting.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Nick Konkle was the guest on a QGN Twitch cast on Thursday evening and he pretty much said the Imperial City will not offer much PVP except for wiping out the other factions that don't leave voluntarily when the city changes hands. If your faction does not control access to the city, you will not be able to enter it. Access to the city is determined by whatever faction controls the most (not necessarily all) of the six inner keeps. If enough of the six keeps change hands to give your faction control of the city, your faction can then enter the city and wipe out players from the other factions who will no longer be able to enter into the city. Once your faction controls the city, you can spawn/transitus/wayshrine into it and bypass the sewer entrances, thus circumventing gankers who may be camping them.

It sounds like the Imperial City will mostly be a PVE zone. The discussion begins around the 12:45 mark.

http://www.twitch.tv/questgamingnetwork/b/550879608

So its exactly like Darkness Falls? Not sure whats the problem here.

• DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm seriously looking forward to the Imperial City and I can imagine there will be TONS of PvP to be had.
  • mjspnrb18_ESO
    mjspnrb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Avidus wrote: »
    This sounds great to be honest, to me it means hours and hours of of street fights while the enemy faction tries to rid us from the Imperial City.

I am honestly hoping there is a tavern in which we can hide in and wait for the flood of incoming enemies. That way ill finally get a tavern brawl.

I will rally the guild to the tavern! :p
  • gendarkb16_ESO
    gendarkb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    II'm not sure about transitus to the imperial city without having to bypass the sewer part, that will make that only a big wave of invasions is needed till you get the market and then the sewers are rendered useless for pvp ofc, unless the transitus stone is located at the sewer entrance of each realm.

We will see ;)
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems promising to me... Looking forward to it. I like that if you log out in the Imperial city, you will still spawn there when logging back in, even if your faction no longer has access.
  • rich_nicholsonb16_ESO
    Yep it's will be like darkness falls on daoc but I guess the zerg balls will love it in there with the tunnel system but yeah it's all pve when all enemy is cleared out.
    Patch 1.2.3 nerfed the game....
    Zergballing wrecked pvp......

Now waiting for Camelot Unchained!!
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you underestimate the chaos that is going to ensue.
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • quakedawg_ESO
    quakedawg_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Mmmm Darkness Falls. Good times ahead
    Pro Tip: Form a group of 4 and hang out with the zerg. Now you can claim you only run with 4. I'm l33t

'I've never died in AvA. Undefeated!'
    'My group of 4 will often take on 100+ with no problem. I have videos to prove it'
    'All the abilities on my keyboard require real skill to spam'
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    c0rp wrote: »
    I think you underestimate the chaos that is going to ensue.

If by chaos you mean those fleeting few moments when a faction with superior numbers overruns the few remaining players on the top floor of a keep shortly before it is captured, then I agree with you.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    don't understand. are you sayin this is a bad thing? or just stating a fact?
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if we can put tents in the imperial city to respawn in it even though it is controlled by the other alliances. It could be fun. It's going to be epic anyway fighting against daedras and another alliance coming inside while a storm is happening.

Although I would rather a tri-faction fight inside the city. I would be like Oblivion end storyline quest.
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on July 25, 2014 2:07PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    I wonder if we can put tents in the imperial city to respawn in it even though it is controlled by the other alliances. It could be fun.

It sounded like forward camps will not be permitted, unless they change their minds before release. Thus you have an ever dwindling number of players from the previous controlling faction battling an ever growing number of players from the new controlling faction. This is just like the top floor of a keep that is being overrun except there is no downed wall the previous faction can use to send reinforcements.
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like it and I don't mind the mix. :)
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn it. Not very funny then :S if only two factions (the one who took the city and the one who lost it) are fighting inside what's the point of the third one ?
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on July 25, 2014 2:16PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    Damn it. Not very funny then :S if only two factions (the one who took the city and the one who lost it) are fighting inside what's the point of the third one ?

the third one can now be busy taking Imperial Keeps to gain the throne/access to the Imperial City whilst the other two are busy

D.
    Stands in Puddles VR12 NB
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Emperor Farmers, cheaters and exploiters - just like cockroaches in real life, Tamriel will never be rid of them
  • Nivzruo_ESO
    Nivzruo_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to ESO, there is no PvP in this game, it's PvPvE which is terrible, nothing like getting yourself into a 3v1 and having that incredible feeling of killing all 3 of them stolen from you by an npc hitting you for 1k every second.
    Nelgyntc- V14 NB
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish that it would be working like this :

At some point, an event starts with a timer. In that specific amount of time, you need to go in and take control of the zones of the imperial city from the daedras or you can't access it anymore until the timer restarts. Each alliance would rush into the sewers and go there to take the zones of the imperial city. When it is secured they would fight altogether just in the central plaza near the white-gold tower or even inside, at the throne room.

They would have unlocked wayshrines to res out and come fighting again.

Another idea : why wouldn't there be a big prince daedra coming to wipe you out ? (oblivion like)

oh boy, that would be so epic.
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on July 25, 2014 2:53PM
  • offenbergb16_ESO
    Darkness Falls indeed! This should be good!
    Ziro
    EU Wabbajack
  • icengr_ESO
    icengr_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    sounds fine to me, @LonePirate
    Edited by icengr_ESO on July 25, 2014 2:53PM
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    So its exactly like Darkness Falls? Not sure whats the problem here.

Yes, very similar idea. :)

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    "Access to the city is determined by whatever faction controls the most (not necessarily all) of the six inner keeps. If enough of the six keeps change hands to give your faction control of the city, your faction can then enter the city and wipe out players from the other factions who will no longer be able to enter into the city."

It's actually the majority of ALL keeps in Cyodiil, not just the ones that control Emperorship.

Also remember that population for Cyrodiil is dependent upon not only the Cyrodiil space but also players in Imperial City, so while an Alliance may flood into I.C. for the new treats, they will be leaving the Cyrodiil space for the enemy alliances. That is unless they make all new character and log them out in I.C. then log back into their other PVP characters and wait for it to flip ;)
    Edited by ZOS_BrianWheeler on July 25, 2014 3:00PM
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info, Jessica and Brian.
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good think it wont be PvP at all times and you can drive the enemy out until they control more outside keeps. Would be constantly getting ganked while trying to just craft something, or using a bank if theres one down there.
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on July 25, 2014 2:59PM
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is unless they make all new character and log them out in I.C. then log back into their other PVP characters and wait for it to flip ;)

Sounds like an exploit!
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    @Fengrush That is actually 100% as designed. You won't be able to log into their starter areas, but you will be able to log out anywhere in I.C. and log back in regardless of who owns it.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what kind of majority is that ? if you have more keeps than other alliances or is that a special number, let's say 10/20 (I don't know how many keeps there actually are in cyrodiil).
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on July 25, 2014 3:12PM
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Fengrush That is actually 100% as designed. You won't be able to log into their starter areas, but you will be able to log out anywhere in I.C. and log back in regardless of who owns it.

Hehe I was only joking. But it will be interesting to heavily PVP focused players dependent of what is inside this city!

My primary hope is that we see new terrain to fight on and hopefully it has some fun chokes and such. Far too many plains/similar keep design in the rest of Cyrodil.

Give us a reason to fight over the small unique town designs that already have been put in place, like Bruma. Theyre awesome and mostly untouched![/quote]
    Edited by FENGRUSH on July 25, 2014 3:16PM