The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

FPS Issue Still Is Not Fixed - 1 Month of Unplayable PvP

DemonNinja
DemonNinja
✭✭✭✭
So today's patch confirms that we will now be moving into the 1 month territory of unplayable PvP since the introduction of the FPS issue in Cyrodiil. I have to admit that I am totally and utterly appalled by the development teams efforts in finding a solution to this GAME BREAKING issue. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ can we please get a fully detailed road map of how this is going to be addressed?

If this was truly the "number one priority" as the developers have stated over and over today's patch notes would have lead off with "Fixed issue causing severe FPS drop for some players in PvP". Instead we got "we made the game more easy because the casual players complained enough."

There was NOTHING broken about the VR content and the fact that your management and Production team assigned resources to this project over the FPS issue is disturbing. Fixing a game breaking bug that leaves the game unplayable for a large percentage of your player base should be where ALL your resources are assigned.

I know this patch will leave at least one of the PvP guilds I am in dead as many have been testing this morning and are still getting sever FPS drops from 60+ FPS to 6 FPS. This is totally unacceptable.

Come on now ZOS. If you dont know what the issue is, roll the servers back to 2.2 where the PvP was stable. Then work in the other fixes one at a time to identify what the issue truly was. I have never played an MMO where a truly game breaking bug has been left live for this length of time. I would personally be ashamed if I was working on this project.
@DemonNinja
Aerilon Starsider - Best Sorcerer NA
World Record Trial Team Member & Game Breaker of Days Past
  • Pupsy
    Pupsy
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with him. If you need players to send you some data of their game while they play pvp so you can easily diagnose the problem, I think a few would be extremely happy to help.
    Hi there! My name is Vaht or as most people call me, pupsy. I am a somewhat casual PvE and casual small group pvp player. Dude, this game is totes fun and I love playing with friends while in a discord call.

I only have a dragon knight left to level and then i'll have one of each class at CP rank.
  • Leovolao
    Leovolao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, I woke up today with my hope up. I should have known better. *** this company man.
    tea pot

"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?"
  • Anisto
    Anisto
    Soul Shriven
    Yes please roll the patch back so i can atleast play a game i'm paying for. I'm not one to ask for free game time but this is just getting crazy now, 2 "fixes" that haven't change a thing so you clearly don;t have an idea whats going on so just roll back so we can play again.
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I unsubbed.

I still have 3 months of game time left though. Yay 6 month sub plans.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ ...what is going on here? why can't they discover an issue?

half of the DC PVp guilds on Dawnbreaker are unsubbing
    Edited by SwampRaider on July 7, 2014 6:05PM
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • Pupsy
    Pupsy
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry. People will argue that you can "suck it up and go play the actual game in PvE" or "stop whining, they'll fix it". No one seems to realize PvP is a main thing for some people. Come on, PvP is important to us! Fix it. I don't wanna have to avoid any battles over 5 people anymore or be forced to relog every 2-3 minute. Just add a setting that allows players to toggle off effect and "advanced lighting".
    Hi there! My name is Vaht or as most people call me, pupsy. I am a somewhat casual PvE and casual small group pvp player. Dude, this game is totes fun and I love playing with friends while in a discord call.

I only have a dragon knight left to level and then i'll have one of each class at CP rank.
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its even messed up in PvE , this is not just a PvP problem. as soon as i logged in it started massive delays , I cant belive they dont know whats causing this...
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think it would be easy to find the cause because I get the slow FPS bug often in Cyrodiil, but when I zone to somewhere else it fixes it. I either have to relog or zone to recover FPS. When I zone out with the bug could they not see what changed or compare between the two?
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DemonNinja wrote: »
    If this was truly the "number one priority" as the developers have stated over and over today's patch notes would have lead off with "Fixed issue causing severe FPS drop for some players in PvP". Instead we got "we made the game more easy because the casual players complained enough."

The FPS issue started impacting PvE players after the first attempted Cyrodiil fix. FPS drop was causing people to die to mobs.

So PvE was nerfed in difficulty to minimize the issues PvE Players have.

As long as the PvE players aren't vocally complaining about an issue, it can be put on the backburner.

Meanwhile those of us who want to maximize time in PvP are left out.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SoulScream wrote: »
    I would think it would be easy to find the cause because I get the slow FPS bug often in Cyrodiil, but when I zone to somewhere else it fixes it. I either have to relog or zone to recover FPS. When I zone out with the bug could they not see what changed or compare between the two?

Its not just in Cyrodill, I logged in today after the patch into Arik-Deseret in a town filled with NPCs and it was like walking through jello and eveything was super delayed.
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 to this thread. Completely unacceptable. I have a week left of my sub. That will be it.
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yet not EVERYONE is having this problem. I have not had crippling FPS issues. Do i lag sometimes, yes but not as bad as people are saying. I can even stream fine and streaming eats up FPS. I have not tried PvP today yet, perhaps when I am home I will see.
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not fixed for me with this new patch.

I logged into Cyrodiil and got in a small battle, maybe 10 enemy and 15 friendly. No siege just a player battle. FPS went from 45 to 5 and stayed there. I ran back to the nearest keep and FPS never recovered. I still have to relog or zone out often.
  • Empu
    Empu
    ✭✭
    FPS drop in Cyrodiil was the nail in the coffin for this game, at least for me.
    I just can't justify paying to play this game now, i've no interest in PvE (did all the zones + quests once and that was enough for me).

Hope they sort this crap for those of you who are staying.
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Game time should be free for active accounts until the issue is resolved.
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WebBull wrote: »
    Game time should be free for active accounts until the issue is resolved.

Active accounts at the time of the problem starting.
  • Oberon
    Oberon
    ✭✭✭✭
    One month? Virtually my entire pvp guild left the game to head to Wildstar (a game I would definitely not recommend btw) because of unplayable lag in major Wabbajack battles. We dominated the top 20 Aldmeri Emperor list, held the Emperorship and had 6 in the top 10. Unplayable = game over.

It's worse right now, but it's always been really, really bad in active Cyrodiil campaigns.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While PvP does have its issues the FPS issues are definitely a top issue.

Seemingly the result of the large patch Tuesday (2 weeks ago) have caused NPC's not to show up in the world and in dungeons until after 10 - 30 second delays often times fighting you and killing you or taking very low damage until they populate and then you realized you've pulled 5 NPC's and die.

#Paid BETA
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This game is going into the books as one of the buggiest, unplayable messes in MMO history.

And with a dev team that seems utterly, irrefutably lost.

I can't fathom what they're thinking anymore. I really don't know. No free time to try to recoup possible lost subs. Letting major fixes go past major US holidays without being applied, leaving even more lost play time, little to useless communication aside from the occasional empty platitude followed by forum mods stomping on people for being rightfully upset.

Why should I ever in a million years ever give you a penny of my money again?

I don't go back to a restaurant that leaves hair in my food and won't replace it. I sure as heck don't want to continue feeding your feckless dev team.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deleted

Edited by LrdRahvin on July 7, 2014 8:31PM
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game is going into the books as one of the buggiest, unplayable messes in MMO history.

I can't fathom what they're thinking anymore. I really don't know. No free time to try to recoup possible lost subs. Letting major fixes go past major US holidays without being applied, leaving even more lost play time, little to useless communication aside from the occasional empty platitude followed by forum mods stomping on people for being rightfully upset.

I don't go back to a restaurant that leaves hair in my food and won't replace it. I sure as heck don't want to continue feeding your feckless dev team.

+5 bacon for you Sir (without hair even)
  • Beeftips
    Beeftips
    ✭✭✭

I don't think the tards at Zenimax realize how their actions in ESO have effected their reputation along with the reputation of the elder scrolls franchise.

I don't know if I'll ever buy a bethesda/Zenimax game again. The lack of motivation to fix these major bugs has left a bitter taste in my mouth toward all elder scrolls and fallout games. I really don't want Zenimax to ever get another penny of my money.
    Edited by Beeftips on July 7, 2014 8:34PM
  • sevcik.miroslaveb17_ESO
    Reevster wrote: »
    Its even messed up in PvE , this is not just a PvP problem. as soon as i logged in it started massive delays , I cant belive they dont know whats causing this...

I confirm that. I went to group dungeon in Riften and got the FPS drop as well.
  • Pupsy
    Pupsy
    ✭✭✭
    The thing that bugs me are the few people who argue against it because they "don't have any FPS issues. Maybe it is on our end." Lol. Come on, it's a huge bug. We need this fixed, in the next patch.

• Tendeep
    Tendeep
    ✭✭✭
    DemonNinja wrote: »
    So today's patch confirms that we will now be moving into the 1 month territory of unplayable PvP since the introduction of the FPS issue in Cyrodiil. I have to admit that I am totally and utterly appalled by the development teams efforts in finding a solution to this GAME BREAKING issue. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ can we please get a fully detailed road map of how this is going to be addressed?

There was NOTHING broken about the VR content and the fact that your management and Production team assigned resources to this project over the FPS issue is disturbing. Fixing a game breaking bug that leaves the game unplayable for a large percentage of your player base should be where ALL your resources are assigned.

I know this patch will leave at least one of the PvP guilds I am in dead as many have been testing this morning and are still getting sever FPS drops from 60+ FPS to 6 FPS. This is totally unacceptable.

Come on now ZOS. If you dont know what the issue is, roll the servers back to 2.2 where the PvP was stable. Then work in the other fixes one at a time to identify what the issue truly was. I have never played an MMO where a truly game breaking bug has been left live for this length of time. I would personally be ashamed if I was working on this project.

^ ^ ^ ^
    TRUTH!
  • boogie95
    boogie95
    ✭✭✭
    SoulScream wrote: »
    It's not fixed for me with this new patch.

I logged into Cyrodiil and got in a small battle, maybe 10 enemy and 15 friendly. No siege just a player battle. FPS went from 45 to 5 and stayed there. I ran back to the nearest keep and FPS never recovered. I still have to relog or zone out often.

yup mine does same dam thing you have to logout and back in and nothing works pvp is broken
    Edited by boogie95 on July 7, 2014 8:52PM
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    We understand and respect the frustration in regards to the performance issues. We have our Engineering and QA teams currently working on tracking down and testing several things that we believe are contributing to the problem. This is a bit of a nebulous issue, as it has several contributing factors. Each time we nail down a contributing factor and fix it, we push that fix live. We promise to continue to keep you updated, and we do apologize that the issue is still persisting.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Sylvyr
    Sylvyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm at a loss for words...
    Badge: Wall-of-Text GRANDMASTER

PvP: Patch Vs. Player

ZoSence (n.):
    1) What is reasonable or comprehensive using ZoS logic. "That makes ZoSense"
    2) Making zero sense. "That makes ZoSense"
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Beeftips wrote: »

I don't think the tards at Zenimax realize how their actions in ESO have effected their reputation along with the reputation of the elder scrolls franchise.

I don't know if I'll ever buy a bethesda/Zenimax game again. The lack of motivation to fix these major bugs has left a bitter taste in my mouth toward all elder scrolls and fallout games. I really don't want Zenimax to ever get another penny of my money.

You really nailed my feelings there, Beeftips.

I have been a huge Bethesda/Zenimax fan for years (hence getting into ESO). I loved Morrowind, then Oblivion (Shivering Isles remains my favorite Xpack of any game EVER), Fallout 3, then New Vegas, then Skyrim.

I have a Fallout Boy bobble head sitting next to my Anduin statuette from the various collector's editions. I use the art books as my coffee table books. My fiancee and I, before we started living together and were in a long distance relationship, would do 'let's play's with just each other playing through the same parts of Oblivion while on VoIP. These games held a deep, deep place in my heart.

That ESO is failing this miserably, that it is so terribly unfun to play, is destroying my love of these franchises and my faith in ZOS and Bethesda.

You are doing to the franchises I love what Bioware did, ZOS. They destroyed Mass Effect with that joke of a series ending and wrecked Star Wars with SW:TOR's 1.2 patch while releasing an awful, awful sequel to Dragon Age.

It's watching a second developer commit all the same mistakes and errors and crash and burn, leaving me broken hearted.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two (what should have been) bullet proof IPs sunk within the last three years. Hope you're happy you just put yourself on the list of shame ZOS- right there alongside EAWare with SWTOR.
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We understand and respect the frustration in regards to the performance issues. We have our Engineering and QA teams currently working on tracking down and testing several things that we believe are contributing to the problem. This is a bit of a nebulous issue, as it has several contributing factors. Each time we nail down a contributing factor and fix it, we push that fix live. We promise to continue to keep you updated, and we do apologize that the issue is still persisting.

Can't breathe...must...help...laughing....too...hard...

TL;DR: ROFLMAO aspyhxia
    Edited by LrdRahvin on July 7, 2014 9:02PM
This discussion has been closed.