The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Video of Bot Abuse

DarkKnight
DarkKnight
✭✭✭
I fraps'ed this about 30 minutes ago. This is beyond absurd. Are your damn GMs on a friggen smoke break? WHERE THE HELL IS THE BAN HAMMER?

I sat there for more than fifteen minutes reporting bot after bot after bot. I stopped somewhere between 20 & 30 reports of unique bots.

Are you guys just giving accounts away to these people? Makes me sick that this goes on, and there is no one there and nobody doing anything about it. You say you are, but if this is any evidence, it's not enough. You have the staff, you should have people that are on call and can go out and put a stop this as it happens. Grow a pair and do something about the problem.

Oh by the way, they were also teleporting, or doing something that allowed them to move through the terrain at will. Another hack you've failed to fix.

[Video removed for Naming and Shaming]
(No naming, remember?) sent you a message

Greetings. We are contacting you to let you know that the following thread has been edited:

'Video of Bot Abuse'

We understand that you are attempting to report characters you believe to be botting/gold spamming. While we appreciate your diligence in bringing this to our attention, we do not allow threads which publicly point out characters on the forums. The reason for this is there are concerns about innocent players (with regular names) who may be present in these screenshots as well. This could cause issues for these innocent players, and we would like to avoid that.

If you believe you've found bots or other players breaking the Terms of Service, we highly encourage you to please report them using the in-game Report Player function. This is accessible by mousing over them, holding the "F" key, and click on "Report Player," which is on the left side of the wheel. Select "Report Player" and write in the reasoning for sending in a report about them. This is the most efficient way for us to deal with bots/gold spammers.

Please understand that our goal is to create a fun, welcoming, and safe environment for The Elder Scrolls Online community, and continued violations of our Code of Conduct can lead to temporary or permanent removal of your forum posting access. We encourage you to take a moment to review The Elder Scrolls Online Code of Conduct to prevent future warnings, infractions, or interruption of your posting access.

Edited by DarkKnight on May 15, 2014 7:47PM
  • KhajiitiLizard
    KhajiitiLizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been like that for like 5 hours.
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posting here about it is going to accomplish absolutely nothing. Report them in game and keep in mind that there is a naming and shaming rule on this board.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Dita
    Dita
    ✭✭✭
    The video going to be deleted, from forums and from Youtube, they gonna claim copyrights, just cover they incompetence. just fyi.
    "Begun the Bot Wars has"
  • Kyle_Roberts
    Kyle_Roberts
    ✭✭✭
    Dita wrote: »
    The video going to be deleted, from forums and from Youtube, they gonna claim copyrights, just cover they incompetence. just fyi.

Just FYI you don't need to post on the forums anymore, you've already told everyone you've unsubbed and that your quitting several times today, now shoo.

• DarkKnight
    DarkKnight
    ✭✭✭
    Posting here about it is going to accomplish absolutely nothing. Report them in game and keep in mind that there is a naming and shaming rule on this board.

What rule?

I do, and did report many of them. I'm not a damn GM, I'm a gamer who is wasting his evening trying to deal with this load of crap instead of playing the game I've apparently paid too much for.

Edited by DarkKnight on May 15, 2014 7:20PM
  • Dita
    Dita
    ✭✭✭
    DarkKnight wrote: »
    ...edited...
    I applaud you, more people need to make aware about the crap, which is going on in this game, before falling in to a ZOS trap.
    Edited by Dita on May 15, 2014 9:00PM
    "Begun the Bot Wars has"
  • Slantasiam
    Slantasiam
    ✭✭✭
    this is just sad...bots wrecked game for players and ironically for themselves in just over a month
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Kyle and Arsenic, you may want to pull your head out of the sand. Reporting is useless. At this point the problem is massive and completely destroying the game.
  • vyal
    vyal
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like they need to stop accepting credit cards from outside North America, for the North American server.

You know.. for maybe a few weeks.

Just sayin'...
  • Kyle_Roberts
    Kyle_Roberts
    ✭✭✭
    Kyle and Arsenic, you may want to pull your head out of the sand. Reporting is
    useless. At this point the problem is massive and completely destroying the game.

I never mentioned anything about reporting...?
    You may want to read my post correctly before trying to flame and making yourself look stupid.
  • Kyle_Roberts
    Kyle_Roberts
    ✭✭✭
    vyal wrote: »
    Sounds like they need to stop accepting credit cards from outside North America, for the North American server.

Just sayin'...

Won't help when the majority of bots are bought with stolen credit card information.

For as little as $16, they can buy huge amounts of bots with American Credit Card details :S

Edited by ZOS_JoanaL on May 15, 2014 12:04AM
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How? They are literally sky walking, no way to get name tag.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vyal wrote: »

Just sayin'...

Won't help when the majority of bots are bought with stolen credit card information.

For as little as $16, they can buy huge amounts of bots with American Credit Card details :S
    I kept hearing this stolen credit card thing, where did you read this?
  • ciannait
    ciannait
    ✭✭✭
    crislevin wrote: »
    I kept hearing this stolen credit card thing, where did you read this?

It's common knowledge. Stolen credit card numbers are cheap and easy to get, and people who volunteer their credit card information when buying gold contribute to the problem.

Edited by ciannait on May 15, 2014 1:32AM
  • Dita
    Dita
    ✭✭✭
    @DarkKnight Hey, DK ! Just wanted to let you know, what your deleted video already spreading, and people are learning the truth about the true state the Elder Scrolls are in. Hopefully this will finally push ZOS to do something about the hackers situation. Good job ! /salute
    "Begun the Bot Wars has"
  • DarkKnight
    DarkKnight
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted.
    Edited by DarkKnight on May 15, 2014 7:21PM