Maintenance for the week of October 28:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 28, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Why are there so many...

rdfarley89
rdfarley89
✭✭✭
Vampires. Not NPC vampires they are cool I love seeing them...then smashing their brains in. But I go into town and see a bunch of vampires...standing in the sunlight and not burning to death, and talking to the townsfolk like the townsfolk are so stupid they do not realize they are talking to a freaking gods forsaken bloodsucker!! I see these player vampires and just like the NPC ones I know I would just love to smash their brains in...but I can't unless I choose to PVP... sigh...rant post ftw.

Edited by rdfarley89 on May 7, 2014 5:53PM
  • devolutedub17_ESO
    devolutedub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I thought for sure you were going to ask why are there so many songs about rainbows. But, vampires are a close second to that question.
    Edited by devolutedub17_ESO on May 7, 2014 5:54PM
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cause vampires, man.
  • rdfarley89
    rdfarley89
    ✭✭✭
    Some day we'll find it, the rainbow connection,the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Kermit+and+Rainbowconnection.jpg
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one has anything to spend gold on but Vamp bites,duh!
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • rdfarley89
    rdfarley89
    ✭✭✭
    I just think they all want to be sweet transvestites from Transexual, Transylvania...
    Edited by rdfarley89 on May 7, 2014 5:58PM
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok , ES lore people , vampires DONT BURN IN THE SUN , since skyrim.

People also talked to the vampires in skyrim without a problem.

The reason there are so many , is:

1: People played ES games , and usually went vampire , thus they are vampires in this game (my case , on single player ES games i always played , rogue/mage/vampire)

2: People want to be vampires , because lets be honest , vampires are awesome in general.

3: People are still playing even after they got nerfed , because you could be OP with a very specific build.

Honestly , you are playing a ES game online , be ready to see vampires and WW all around. Only dif is , you dont notice the WW heh :P.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • rdfarley89
    rdfarley89
    ✭✭✭

They did in Morrowind (see below). Skyrim comes after Morrowind, this game comes before both. Also no they all just wanna be sweet transvestites from Transexual, Transylvania.

From UESPwiki for Morrowind:

"Of course, there is a downside to becoming a vampire. You do not regenerate health when you sleep (though fatigue and magicka are unaffected). The only ways to regain health are via the Vampire Touch or any Absorb Health spell or with Restore Health spells and items. Additionally, during daylight hours (6 a.m. until 8 p.m.), you will take Sun Damage up to 5 pts. a second, if you're outside. You'll either have to stay indoors for those hours or equip Constant Effect Restore Health items to counter the life drain. You'll also take increased (+ 50%) Fire Damage from spells and weapons and very few people will want to talk with you. Aside from the Mages Guild and House Telvanni, everyone will either shun you or try to kill you. This can make travel much more difficult, as boatmen, Guild Guides and Silt Strider caravaners will not transport you. It is also impossible to get any Quests outside of the Vampire, Mages Guild, and House Telvanni Quests, as no one will talk to you to give you the quest."
    Edited by rdfarley89 on May 7, 2014 6:04PM
  • dolmen
    dolmen
    ✭✭✭
    It's just a fad, like iPhones and Andriods... people will get tired of them soon.
    The Sidekick Order
  • Khandi
    Khandi
    ✭✭✭
    rdfarley89 wrote: »
    I just think they all want to be sweet transvestites from Transexual, Transylvania...

I knew Leo G. Carroll was over a barrel
    When Tarantula took to the hills
    And I really got hot when I saw Janet Scott
    Fight a Triffid that spits poison and kills
    Dana Andrews said prunes gave him the runes
    And passing them used lots of skills
    But when worlds collide, said George Pal to his bride
    I'm gonna give you some terrible thrills, like a:

Science Fiction - Double Feature

One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry.

~Oscar Wilde

• Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They did in Morrowind (see below). Skyrim comes after Morrowind, this game comes before both. Also no they all just wanna be sweet transvestites from Transexual, Transylvania.

From UESPwiki for Morrowind:

"Of course, there is a downside to becoming a vampire. You do not regenerate health when you sleep (though fatigue and magicka are unaffected). The only ways to regain health are via the Vampire Touch or any Absorb Health spell or with Restore Health spells and items. Additionally, during daylight hours (6 a.m. until 8 p.m.), you will take Sun Damage up to 5 pts. a second, if you're outside. You'll either have to stay indoors for those hours or equip Constant Effect Restore Health items to counter the life drain. You'll also take increased (+ 50%) Fire Damage from spells and weapons and very few people will want to talk with you. Aside from the Mages Guild and House Telvanni, everyone will either shun you or try to kill you. This can make travel much more difficult, as boatmen, Guild Guides and Silt Strider caravaners will not transport you. It is also impossible to get any Quests outside of the Vampire, Mages Guild, and House Telvanni Quests, as no one will talk to you to give you the quest."

Yup i know that , in oblivion things are more similar to what happened in morrowind.

The point is:

Skyrim adds to the lore they dont HAVE to burn , that simple.

The devs just made these ones not burn also , just like they made people be able to talk to these players , both things equal to skyrim.

You are much closer to the skyrim vampire than to both morrowind and oblivion vampires also , which just adds up nicely.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Danarchist
    Danarchist
    ✭✭
    Guildy bit me last night. I just wanted to level the skill line while leveling my character just to make things a little more interesting. The funny thing is I don't think people realize how long it takes to get each level in the skill lines, and the really good stuff is after rank 5. I will probably be mid VR ranks before I get there.
    Something interesting to do really, I could care less what other people are doing so it was not a fad thing for me, just a distraction in the theme park.

Next I am going to turn my khajiit into a werewolf so he is a Cat-Dog
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really silly honestly the same negatives should apply to you as a vampire as they did in skyrim. NPC's attacking you if you're at certain stages, etc.
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Some day we'll find it, the rainbow connection,the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Kermit+and+Rainbowconnection.jpg

kermit_the_frog_bites_vincent_by_kraljaleksandar-d3c2sp0.gif
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    I missed that lore. What changed? Why does the sun not burn them anymore?
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    dolmen wrote: »
    It's just a fad, like iPhones and Andriods... people will get tired of them soon.
    Fixed that for you.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they got Daylight Rings
  • Genomic
    Genomic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emos, moodily hanging around the town square, discussing the nerf. Tears flowing down their cheek, mascara running.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I missed that lore. What changed? Why does the sun not burn them anymore?

Vampire_Sunblock_by_CamelHerderLover.jpg
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Genomic wrote: »
    Emos, moodily hanging around the town square, discussing the nerf. Tears flowing down their cheek, mascara running.
    Massively Multiplayer Role Playing Goths
    It certainly looks like it sometimes.
    Edited by PBpsy on May 7, 2014 11:04PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • TicToc
    TicToc
    ✭✭✭
    Who cares? Vampires are an option for people to play, just like they were in previous TES games. I am also not sure why it is such a surprise that many people play them. Vampires are very popular, and many people will play them if the option is there.
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the only vampire I want to see in this game. All others are nothing...NOTHING!
    sctv_joe_flaherty_count_floyd.jpg
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Came here for the "so many songs about rainbows" comments, was not disappointed.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    Vamps should be attacked on sight if at stage four in towns. They should have their own fortresses/castles and leveling quests out in the wilds. Players can also attack any Vampires, anywhere anytime, and vise-versa.

Stick to the lore Zeni.
    Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TicToc wrote: »
    Who cares? Vampires are an option for people to play, just like they were in previous TES games. I am also not sure why it is such a surprise that many people play them. Vampires are very popular, and many people will play them if the option is there.
    People that did not play vamps,liked vamps or played vampire hunters and find the idea of running around dungeons and battlefields alongside Joe the friendlily vampire times a thousand. Care.
    And If there is something that I think sucked in ESO is RivenSpire. Hands down the lamest area, story and NPCs in the game.
    Edited by PBpsy on May 8, 2014 12:33AM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    At some point, you must chill out on the fantasy lore. If you want vampires to burn up in the sun, then I want permadeath for mortals.
    If I am going to quote someone, it's going to be me.
  • Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mortelus wrote: »
    Vamps should be attacked on sight if at stage four in towns. They should have their own fortresses/castles and leveling quests out in the wilds. Players can also attack any Vampires, anywhere anytime, and vise-versa.

Stick to the lore Zeni.

That sounds like you want an open world, hardcore rules pvp server!! If it ever happens, I'll see you there! We'll have us an ole timey good vs. evil battle!

If I am going to quote someone, it's going to be me.
  • epoling
    epoling
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's the same reason people play whole games based on being a paid murderer. Being evil has become cool. Being the good guy has become unpopular.
  • Alaina
    Alaina
    I think its the type/breed of Vampire. Perhaps since ESO is WAYYYY before all the other ES game events, Vampires and Werewolves are a purer blood so Vamps will not take damage from sunlight. In Skyrim there was a pure bred vampire clan running around so maybe those regular vampires in skyrim where of a higher breed as well. But how many licks does it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop? the world may never know :3
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hopefully with the crime system if they come into town as rank 4 they will get guard whacked. Sure doesn't feel like elder scrolls when npcs will talk to me just fine as a rank 4 vampire and smile away as werewolves run about through town.
    Edited by Laura on May 8, 2014 2:52AM
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are there so many... threads about vampires?