Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Crafting Helper Spreadsheet

Keron
Keron
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey everyone,

this is my take on a spreadsheet used to keep track of some of the crafting stuff. It started out as a research tracker and then grew from there.

There are loads of them available already, but me being me, I decided to "improve" them. I ended up including stuff that was not in there (like info on craftable sets) and make it a little more user friendly (which is completely subjective, I know).

Then, after I was finally able to craft one of the sets, I found the need to look up enchantments and ended up putting that info in there, too. It has grown quite some, and I intend to expand to Alchemy and Provisioning also, but after having finished it so far, I just thought to share for whoever is interested in it.

All of the info in there is based on the findings of other people I found on the internet (see sources in the file for info on what I used). My main contribution was the time required to compile all that and the excel know-how to implement it.

There may be some wrong data in there. If you find something, point it out and I'll fix it.

All info required on how to use it should be in the Intro section of the file.

You can download the file here.

or watch/use it on Google Docs here.

I still recommend downloading it because it looks & works iffy on Google Docs, but the main functionality is there.

In case you as the user are wondering: this file does not use any kind of macros, which is why I had to use totally convoluted formulas. But as it is, most people will never download an excel file with macros from the internets. And rightfully so.

Cheers,
Keron

EDIT: Oh yeah, you have to download it for it to work. And it's Excel 2010+ format.
EDIT2: After request, put it on Google Docs, FWIW. I have editing enabled.
Edited by Keron on April 30, 2014 6:57AM
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    Good work. Might want to try google docs though instead of excel.
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thought about it. Decided against cause I don't know anything about it ;)

Don't know if it supports the kind of interlinking and data matching I have done in that sheet. I want my excel to do everything by itself with minimum interaction from me, so I tend to stick with offline files.
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    With google docs people click your link and can immediately see what you have made without owning a spreadsheet program. They can then download it into whatever program they use.

If you aren't going to use google docs then I suggest posting screen shots of your file or doing a youtube video.
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put it on Google Docs... Seems to be working mostly, but is not displayed very good. Also, most of the Orange fields are actually drop down menus which work but do not show up correctly. If you click on the right hand side of the fields, you'll get the menu...
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Google Docs take a little getting used to that is for sure.

The drop down lists can be accessed by double clicking anywhere in the cell. Not just the little arrow on the right side of the cell.

I have a simple spreadsheet I use as a store front. I don't plan on doing quite the thorough calculations you have or automation. I might borrow the big list of sets. I link to eso-fashions but their table is ok for finding craft stations but is highly unwieldy for potential customers to figure out. Your table is much more concise which is how I was building mine.

This is by far my favorite Alchemy tool and I'm hoping something similar is done for enchanting.
    http://eso.warlore.org/alchemy/

Here is my simple sheet for leveling enchanting.
    http://tinyurl.com/GillysansEnchanterLeveling

Thanks for putting this up on Google Docs, makes checking it out much easier. I gave you the first awesome on this thread.
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gillysan Thanks, and feel free to use anything I have in the sheet. :)
  • Lupinemw
    Lupinemw
    ✭✭✭
    @Keron I use your sheet all the time for crafting. But as the enchanting potencies have updated any chance you could update the sheet so I can get the new formulas :disappointed_relieved:
    Elysium
    EU Casual Mature Daggerfall Covenant Guild

Would you like to know more?! Check us out below
    elysium-eso.guildlaunch.com
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on it, give me a few more days, have a long weekend and will upload a new version soon. It also has quite some more gadgets :)
  • Lupinemw
    Lupinemw
    ✭✭✭
    Keron wrote: »
    I'm on it, give me a few more days, have a long weekend and will upload a new version soon. It also has quite some more gadgets :)

Super I look forward to it. I've managed to get a few bits working just can't get it to pull data on anything higher than Vet 9 :/
    Elysium

• Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huhm it should work up to Vet10... I'll have a go at another round of checks this weekend. Could it be the reason that Vet 9 and Vet 10 are same for those things in the spreadsheet?

I'm still kind of out of info on Vet11 and Vet12 Info, as I just arrived at Vet1 myself :smiley:
    Edited by Keron on May 28, 2014 1:43PM
  • Lupinemw
    Lupinemw
    ✭✭✭
    @Keron what info do you need? I can help with stuff.

New Potency level info is here;

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/103600/veteran-potency-levels
    Elysium

• Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for pointing that out, will make the according adjustments.

EDIT: Have the values changed also? I have taken the values I use now from Dulfy's site, which is still PTS values from 1.1.1, I think. At least for the lvl 40-50 artifact (purple) health glyph, the value given in my sheet is wrong. it's supposed to be 102 but is only 99 in game.
    Edited by Keron on May 28, 2014 2:16PM
  • SDZald
    SDZald
    ✭✭✭
    When I click on the link to download it says it has been disabled.
  • Lupinemw
    Lupinemw
    ✭✭✭
    Keron wrote: »
    Thanks for pointing that out, will make the according adjustments.

EDIT: Have the values changed also? I have taken the values I use now from Dulfy's site, which is still PTS values from 1.1.1, I think. At least for the lvl 40-50 artifact (purple) health glyph, the value given in my sheet is wrong. it's supposed to be 102 but is only 99 in game.

I think everything has had a slight tweak yes.
    Elysium

• Lupinemw
    Lupinemw
    ✭✭✭
    SDZald wrote: »
    When I click on the link to download it says it has been disabled.

Thats because its technically out of date since the 1.1.2 update so I know its being worked on.
    Elysium

• Belrim
    Belrim
    ✭✭✭
    Good job, thumbs up!
    Early bird gets the worm, but second mouse gets the cheese.