Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

EU server : Mega Lag, crash, server unavailable, login failure

dionysos_tomasb16_ESO
dionysos_tomasb16_ESO
Soul Shriven
Since Saturday 10AM CEST the European server has started to face mega issues :

It first started with few lag spike that were not really impacting much the game.

But from 10 AM to 3 PM the situation was from bad to worse. Starting 5 PM the game was no longer playable properly for more than 5 min : freeze of the fight, teleport of player and mobs, bags/crate/craft Table/NPC interaction impossible, Dialogues with NPC not progressing...

And the whole evening was like that. In my guild of players : the experience was shared by all but with different states of impact.

Since it was the period of time where the server might be the most populated we hoped it would be better this morning : it's not the case.

Morning issues :
* Huge lag spike ending with logout due to error.
* 10 min unavailability of login
* Some strange lag spike but lower than yesterday.
  • Socratic
    Socratic
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'll play this again when it becomes F2P. Sub cancelled few days ago.
    Options
  • Dannen
    Dannen
    Soul Shriven
    o/
    Options
  • Custos91
    Custos91
    ✭✭✭
    For me it got better this morning, had minor lags around the day, I would say 0.3 - 0.5 seconds, in the evening I hav 1.0 and more, Npc talking was delayed, skills delayed, getting items in bank and out of it delayed and so on...
    tried this with different graphic settings, with and without addons, no difference, the only thing I notced, was that VR areas had a greater lag then low lvl areas...
    Warden Main apparently... 7 Wardens currently, otherwise a healer of every class.
    Mostly active in No CP PVP on EU, blaming the buffbot meta in pve.
    I want to feel like I am saving somebodies life, not like I am carrying amunition for them...
    Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the "EU" servers , been having this issue since day 1. Hopefully they move them to Germany soon, instead of in the middle of a continent across the ocean.....
    Options
  • dw0011nrb19_ESO
    HAHAH

did you honestly thing in your mind, that none of this would have happened? "But ZOS has written differently in their article about how smooth the experience will be on the "EU-server" (US server to be precise) !" - yeah, did you honestly think that? No offense, but learn from this.

*** developers so far, milking customers. I am not subbing this game either. Either you deliver what you promise, or we look behind your statements and clearly see that they were false right from the beginning - and customers will never buy games from you anymore. Simple as that. Gamers are not dumb (anymore) they are realizing themselves and whats happening around them..with them..aswell.

Enjoy your "success" while it lasts - speaking about the sold copies of ESO. You can close your business in 9months to 1year from now. Because lies are not keeping a business stable. Never had, never will have.

Source: Over 15years of gaming experience.
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on April 27, 2014 4:10PM
    @Hrotha - EU
    Options