The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Another suspended account...this time suspect behavior

vladaeb17_ESO
Hey,
I was going for Cyrodill for the first time with my guild mates, been waiting for this for a week. Everything was fine, then we all got kicked out once when we touched the transitus stone, and the second time when we arrived at the keep. Suddenly my account was suspended, when I contacted the costumer support I got this nice reply:

Response By Email (Kamil) (04/18/2014 04:44 PM)
Greetings Adventurer!

You are receiving this email due to a suspect behavior related to your account.
After a thorough investigation your account has been determined to violate our Terms Of Service.
As a result, your account has been deactivated, please be sure to review our Terms of Service and Code of Conduct for more details:

http://www.zenimax.com/legal_terms_us

Date Last Updated: 04/18/2014 04:44 PM

First thing, this never happened to me in any mmo game I played before. I always played just for fun, casual gameplay. What bothers me is the status:SOLVED, and without any explanation since I haven't stepped over any TOS,if I had, why don't you write what is exactly that I did...
You ruined my gameplay, you ruined my weekend, and by this costumer service email, or whatever you call it looks like your going to ruin more days to come.
Plus on top of everything you made me look like I am some kind of scammer, and I consider this as an insult.

Also Ive noticed that apparently alot of people got suspended, so I am guessing all of them are behaving suspiciously.... I just truly don't know in what way can you ever apologize to me.
This isn't serious behavior from a company that expects from their costumers to continue paying for their services. You truly don't behave according to my expectations, and yes, other people matter, especially if they are costumers, and we all do deserve explanations. If it weren't for us, players, you wouldn't exist!
  • BenjaminKacher_ESO
    BenjaminKacher_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't get an email or anything, just a random suspension... check out my post http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/82305/account-page-says-you-have-been-suspended-from-the-site?new=1
  • Turnip
    Turnip
    Soul Shriven
    This isn't serious behavior from a company that expects from their costumers to continue paying for their services.

Couldn't agree with you more. The customer support for ESO is awful. They need to help their customers better.
  • egan_ESO
    egan_ESO
    ✭✭
    Yea, I'm with you. I've never been banned from anything in my life.

If this product was in any other type of industry, we could seek a refund for being treated like this, and frankly if I could get my money for my CE back I'd honestly consider just walking away. I'm still on hold where I've been for over 80 minutes now and I haven't even gotten an e-mail explaining why.
  • vladaeb17_ESO
    The most disturbing thing is that I play this game with my wife, so she isn't banned, I am. We are playing together, especially at night and especially on the weekend. We waited for this game so long, and this is hurtful.... and I am very much angry. This ruins everything for both of us.
  • Tyler_Durpen
    I put over 240 hours into this game at vr 3 and they pull this *** on me. Their customer service is bad and they should feel bad.
  • Hakuichi
    Hakuichi
    ✭✭✭
    I put over 240 hours into this game at vr 3 and they pull this *** on me. Their customer service is bad and they should feel bad.

hey devs, you missed this dupers forum account it seems!
    Edited by Hakuichi on April 19, 2014 12:15AM
  • Worm
    Worm
    They just used a bad heuristic to ban accounts, that's all. Naturally sycophants who think this game is run by a bunch of perfect beings of light will assume no wrongful bans happened because of course, they weren't banned after all.

This kind of *** up is really bad and I think they're going to have a pretty big reckoning especially in the day of streaming. When we see people who basically have 24/7 video proof they weren't using any sort of exploit find their accounts banned for no reason.

It's nice that they attempted to right this wrong -- and it WAS their wrong having a dupe bug in the game -- but going about it with some massive impressive number of bans done by a crappy algorithm is the worst way to do it. They need to fess up, two wrongs don't make a right.
    Edited by Worm on April 19, 2014 12:21AM
  • Hakuichi
    Hakuichi
    ✭✭✭
    Worm wrote: »
    They just used a bad heuristic to ban accounts, that's all. Naturally sycophants who think this game is run by a bunch of perfect beings of light will assume no wrongful bans happened because of course, they weren't banned after all.

No there will be some innocents in the mix, however majority are dupers, and to be honest i would say 98% of the ones on the forum are dupers.
  • Worm
    Worm
    Hakuichi wrote: »
    No there will be some innocents in the mix, however majority are dupers, and to be honest i would say 98% of the ones on the forum are dupers.
    Great figures there chief. "Zenimax: 98% infallible" -Unthinking Forum Drone

I mean if they get anyone innocent that suggests they don't have a real way to detect who used the dupe and not, so they're looking at various things like bank alts, items, and gold count. If those values which they sniff out "dupers" are off a little then they ban a couple thousand people wrongly. That's stupid.
    Edited by Worm on April 19, 2014 12:24AM
  • Hakuichi
    Hakuichi
    ✭✭✭
    Worm wrote: »
    Great figures there chief. "Zenimax: 98% infallible" -Unthinking Forum Drone

I mean if they get anyone innocent that suggests they don't have a real way to detect who used the dupe and not, so they're looking at various things like bank alts, items, and gold count. If those values which they sniff out "dupers" are off a little then they ban a couple thousand people wrongly. That's stupid.

No read it again, I did not say 98% of total banned prolly guilty. I said 98% of the people that were spamming the forum.
    Edited by Hakuichi on April 19, 2014 12:30AM
  • Nooblet
    Nooblet
    ✭✭✭✭
    Posting this thread you are going against what was asked of you from admin/moderators. So what else I wonder have you done to upset the eso gods?

How many of these ppl bought cheap crafting upgrades I wonder.
  • phaktoryub17_ESO
    phaktoryub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You got an email? I just got an "account is suspended from the site" when trying to log in. I think there is a definite difference in the automated script suspensions and actual investigations.
  • phaktoryub17_ESO
    phaktoryub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Nooblet wrote: »
    Posting this thread you are going against what was asked of you from admin/moderators. So what else I wonder have you done to upset the eso gods?

How many of these ppl bought cheap crafting upgrades I wonder.

Yes they don't want people to post here so they can hide how big the problem is. Welcome to the Enron of MMO's.
  • Worm
    Worm
    No read it again, I did not say 98% of total banned prolly guilty. I said 98% of the people that were spamming the forum.
    Oh so despite Zenimax having a sub 90% accuracy(probably more like 50%) rating on their banning query you'd still blame someone who is upset about being wrongly banned rather than the company? Just wait until it turns out they banned games journos and people who have streamed their every moment in game. I mean how much do you think they screwed personally? Do you believe it was more than 2% error rate? 10% error rate?

Honestly I think it's a natural thing to come on the forums to complain. They could have easily hand reviewed cases but were probably just too damn lazy, who can blame them it's Friday night. Gotta do *something* and we'll sort it out after the Vacation Weekend. Well hopefully they come to their senses and put in the overtime. Banning people by how much gold they have is lazy and stupid.

edit: Maybe they shouldn't have handed the banning off to Dwemer Automatons!
    Edited by Worm on April 19, 2014 1:04AM
  • Robbiejuve
    "After a thorough investigation" lol, a human didn't even look at your account, how can they possibly put that wording in a ban email.
  • Worm
    Worm
    Robbiejuve wrote: »
    "After a thorough investigation" lol, a human didn't even look at your account, how can they possibly put that wording in a ban email.
    Yeah they're bragging about the thousands of accounts that were banned, as if any had any investigation. It's easier for them to just ban a swath of people and let those people prove themselves innocent.