The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Login Timeout

Ozziefly
Ozziefly
As many others are having this issue, and I read and followed the steps provided to them, I am still not having ANY luck in logging into the game...

I so far have deleted the version file and restored..

Repaired the Launcher....

what else can i possibly do to get this game to log in. is there a manual patch download somewhere that I may be able to get....

Really starting to *** me off ZOS....
  • Jahoel
    Jahoel
    ✭✭✭
    Was having the same issue. Tried to repair, and at the end of the repair, I got the "unable to determine current version" error. When I re-opened, it started patching. Now I'm getting the current version error again.

Edit: Closed and opened a few times and now it's finally working, and I'm in the game. Not sure what's going on here...
    Edited by Jahoel on April 16, 2014 12:14AM
  • Ozziefly
    Ozziefly
    i didnt even get that far...
  • n0de
    n0de
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue here as I posted in another forum post regarding this same problem. I can't login without it saying "Login timeout" or "Error 301 etc" It was working perfectly fine for me before the patch and now it isn't.
  • Ozziefly
    Ozziefly
    n0de wrote: »
    Same issue here as I posted in another forum post regarding this same problem. I can't login without it saying "Login timeout" or "Error 301 etc" It was working perfectly fine for me before the patch and now it isn't.

Yep exactly
  • Abominog
    Abominog
    Same here
  • Drekkerd
    Drekkerd
    Finally finished with that repair nonsense. But now the login timeout.

I fixed it. Just deleted the version in the game folder and redownloaded that part.

All is good.

Finally in game.
    Edited by Drekkerd on April 16, 2014 12:50AM
  • Ozziefly
    Ozziefly
    Just to make sure im in the right page with everyone else... current version is 1.0.0.964485
  • Kazarr
    Kazarr
    Ozziefly wrote: »
    Just to make sure im in the right page with everyone else... current version is 1.0.0.964485

That is the version from before the patch, you are having the problem which leads to the login timeout/error 301 messages, which is because of an error with the launcher and or their network that handles the launcher. This is THEIR problem and they are staying very quiet about it.
  • Ozziefly
    Ozziefly
    ok so now I have to wait til they fix the servers YET again
  • n0de
    n0de
    Soul Shriven
    Yep, that's the current version I am on and apparently people are finding it as easy as just reloading their launcher, for me this is not the case I have relaunched my launcher multiple times and still no luck, if someone could get back to me on this I would greatly appreciate it, thanks.
  • nom-db16_ESO
    I have tried every fix that has been posted and even gone as far as re-installing the game. Nothing works, this surely cannot be on my side otherwise something would have worked. I don't even get an error message until after the 1st time out and then I get 301. I can log into EU fine so my client obviously is ok but I am a Guild Leader on the NA server and I want to get back to my people.
    Edited by nom-db16_ESO on April 16, 2014 12:39AM
  • Ozziefly
    Ozziefly
    @nom-db16_ESO I know exactly how you feel i have a stranded nightblade (26) stranded and im afraid hes gonna wonder where ive gone if i dont get back to him (BTW feel free to add my account to guild)
  • jkbennettb14a_ESO
    jkbennettb14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, that's the current version I am on and apparently people are finding it as easy as just reloading their launcher, for me this is not the case I have relaunched my launcher multiple times and still no luck, if someone could get back to me on this I would greatly appreciate it, thanks.

Yup, confirmed this worked for me. Close and reopen the launcher until it patches. Good to go. Sorry yours isn't working but thanks for the tip.

*EDIT* I had to do this about 10 times before it finally started patching.
    Edited by jkbennettb14a_ESO on April 16, 2014 12:48AM
    On Class Balance
    The real dilemma is that; Powdered doughnuts are overpowdered, the chocolate doughnuts are too chocolaty, and the coconut crunch doughnuts have more coconut than all other doughnuts. This is OUTRAGEOUSLY unfair to other doughnuts!

So from now on, all you special snowflakes get is nasty plain doughnuts...enjoy!
  • Mace
    Mace
    ✭✭
    After several different combinations of deleting, patching, restoring and yelling at files I made it in the game.

Currently getting the "Login timeout"

Anyone had any luck?
    Masce
  • Ozziefly
    Ozziefly
    Does anyones progress bar in launcher linger at Initializing?
  • variell.yta_ESO
    variell.yta_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Rather than running a repair or deleting any files, I first tried to run the launcher as administrator. That caused it to download a patch it didn't otherwise find, and once that applied, I was able to get in just fine.

Doubt that will solve everybody's issues, but it might do the trick for somebody out there!
  • jkbennettb14a_ESO
    jkbennettb14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Yup, confirmed this worked for me. Close and reopen the launcher until it patches. Good to go. Sorry yours isn't working but thanks for the tip.

*EDIT* I had to do this about 10 times before it finally started patching.

After patching I got the manifest error. Closed launcher. Re-opened and got the could not determine version error about 5 times while closed and reopened the launcher until it finally gave me the play button.

Currently in game and working so far. *knock on wood*
    On Class Balance
    The real dilemma is that; Powdered doughnuts are overpowdered, the chocolate doughnuts are too chocolaty, and the coconut crunch doughnuts have more coconut than all other doughnuts. This is OUTRAGEOUSLY unfair to other doughnuts!

So from now on, all you special snowflakes get is nasty plain doughnuts...enjoy!
  • Dullzon
    Dullzon
    This is making me think about canceling my account.
    Edited by Dullzon on April 16, 2014 1:02AM
  • Ozziefly
    Ozziefly
    Dullzon wrote: »
    This is making me thing about canceling my account.

Unfortunately your not the only one just feel as the $130~ I spent was a waste on what could have been amazing

• Ozziefly
    Ozziefly
    Abominog wrote: »
    O.k this just worked for me after all this time.

Ran game consultant from within launcher and let it do it's thing - on game consultant click check for updates and it tells you a new version of it is available then I closed launcher and clicked check for updates on game consultant again then launched launcher again and received 4 updates and now playing

Am trying this now guys, will post back when I know more
  • Primus9
    Primus9
    I've also been getting logon timeout since after the server downtime. Tried deleting the version files and repatching, no change. Tried deleting the launch folder programdata folder. still no change - getting login timeouts.
  • DrGerm
    DrGerm
    I was version 1.0.0.964485 - started the launcher, it didn't do any auto update or anything, tried to login.

Got the time out, tried to login a couple times, then chose "quit" which took me back to the launcher, which it then did an update.

Now version eso.live.1.0.0.968197 - logged in with no problem and now playing.

So, wasn't hard to fix.
  • Schmackei
    Schmackei
    ✭✭
    After attempting to log in several times and getting the "time out" error followed by a couple of "301 contact customer support" errors, I went back to the launcher and selected 'Check for updates" to which there were none that appeared and then ran a repair on my game that verified all files and returned nothing also.

Returned back to my desk with the launcher up still reading as completed, I thought I would try to log in a few more times, still only receiving "time out" and "301 your mother runs like a girl" errors again.

I closed out of the game, closed off the launcher and renamed my 'AddOns' folder to 'AddOns 2' and then made a new folder in its place named 'AddOns' that is completely empty. As soon as I did this, I found that my launcher changed to "Downloading". It sat dormant for nearly 10 minutes after repair and flagged nothing for downloading until that folder change.

Be it that the downloading is really slow at 179kB/s and only a tiny size of about 50MB. I look forward to seeing if this helps.
    SCHMACKEI - < Drunken Baѕtards >
    - The Ebonheart Pact - US
    - Khajiit Nightblade
  • Schmackei
    Schmackei
    ✭✭
    AND like an prepubescent teen at a Miley Cyrus concert.. I am in.
    I hope that the above helps you all.
    SCHMACKEI - < Drunken Baѕtards >
    - The Ebonheart Pact - US
    - Khajiit Nightblade
  • Ozziefly
    Ozziefly
    @Schmackei Im trying your solution RE: Moving addons
  • quip1
    quip1
    ...login timeout troubles. Since I can't login today, I get refunded a day's subscription. Right? :)
  • n0de
    n0de
    Soul Shriven
    Still no luck with all the above suggested solutions..really frustrating.
  • Ozziefly
    Ozziefly
    Niether Node
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No luck for me either, I have tried everything that has been suggested in every thread about the issue, and nothing. :(
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • n0de
    n0de
    Soul Shriven
    Well I hate to say it but I'm officially re-installing the game, such bs.