The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mac OS X Gaming Mouse

xhunter
xhunter
I wasn't sure which forum was the best place for this, but figured the Mac category was good enough.

I currently use an old Apple Mouse (http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB112LL/B/apple-mouse?fnode=56) when playing ESO. Not a fan of the scroll ball, the finish, and the left/right clicks. I've never purchased a gaming mouse before and was looking to get a decent one. I don't need one that has 8 million customizable buttons, just a good mouse that might have a few extra bindable buttons. So, I am looking for suggestions!

EDIT: This one is on sale on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Razer-DeathAdder-Ergonomic-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B00AAS888S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1397087544&sr=8-2&keywords=razer+deathadder Is that one any good?
Edited by xhunter on April 9, 2014 11:52PM
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    @xhunter I personally recently replaced my old but great Logitech G5 optical gaming mouse for the newer and upgrade of the G700s which is both wireless and wired with a good range of buttons which I find easier to use than the Razer Naga which many do like and use. It doesn't have as many buttons but still haves eight configurable ones and side switch mouse wheel which I always like myself and middle mouse button (push down)

it's not cheap though. Perhaps the G400 is a more simple style and more suited from what you say. Check them out here.

On the same topic I really recommend Steermouse which is a mouse settings app which is really great as I am not a fan of Logitech software which tends to bug and just a lot of crap you don't need.
  • WyeVxndzz
    WyeVxndzz
    ✭✭✭
    The Razer's aren't cheap but at least they're gaming focused and explicitly support macs so your software will work.
    I have the Naga because.. many buttons wanty.
    If they're going to keep the ESO UI and combat ability rotation simple fewer buttons might do just fine but the one you linked only has the two thumb buttons - I'd get at least the Hex, with 6 on the side.
    «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥»
    When you're feeling under pressure, do something different. Roll up your sleeves, or eat an orange.
    Be on the look out for things that make you laugh. If you see nothing worth laughing at, pretend you see it, then laugh.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    xhunter wrote: »
    Yes. I don't use it myself but always been happy with Logitech mice. I like the G700 also because I have big hand and find the Razer is a tad small. But it's personal preference. The g400 looks a bit smaller and simpler.

Logitech do support and offer Mac software also in the Logitech Control Center, I prefer the Steermouse as it's less junk stuff and works great for many years now.
    Edited by Moonraker on April 10, 2014 12:25AM
  • xhunter
    xhunter
    @Moonraker - Thanks. I appreciate the info. I'll do a little research on it later and decide.
  • Psychotius
    Psychotius
    ✭✭✭
    The Logitech G602 is pretty impressive as well. I actually purchased one specifically for this game, since I have been using the Magic Trackpad for general iMac usage (which is not game friendly at all).

There are 6 thumb buttons that are easily distinguishable during gameplay, which I have set as my skill hotkeys. I also use the two buttons on the top (which are in addition to the standard left, right, and scroll button) for my 'E' actions.
    I'm not as am as you drunk I think.
  • xhunter
    xhunter
    Did a bit of reading on the different Logitech mice. With the G400S... where are the 8 buttons it speaks of? I only two buttons on the side.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did a bit of reading on the different Logitech mice. With the G400S... where are the 8 buttons it speaks of? I only two buttons on the side.
    I was referring to the G700s which I have for that. I put the G400 in as an option as you didn't want too many buttons ;) and is generally simpler/ less expensive.
  • WyeVxndzz
    WyeVxndzz
    ✭✭✭

Hi, Yes but I'd avoid Amazon, that's about $20 over priced compared to direct from Razer.
    http://www.razerzone.com/store/razer-naga-hex
    «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥»
    When you're feeling under pressure, do something different. Roll up your sleeves, or eat an orange.
    Be on the look out for things that make you laugh. If you see nothing worth laughing at, pretend you see it, then laugh.
  • xhunter
    xhunter
    Moonraker wrote: »
    I was referring to the G700s which I have for that. I put the G400 in as an option as you didn't want too many buttons ;) and is generally simpler/ less expensive.

The information about the G400S mentions 8 buttons, though. Strange.

The G700S has like 13? buttons. Too many for me. :p
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭

The information about the G400S mentions 8 buttons, though. Strange.

The G700S has like 13? buttons. Too many for me. :p
    They probably include in buttons if the mouse wheel clicks left/ right etc. Look harder :)

I guessed it was too much ;) why I suggested the G400.
  • arielb74b14_ESO
    I like the Razer Naga epic. Mac drivers are now equal to the Windows drivers for the Razer products, so they are a good buy in general.
  • sSolutionSs
    sSolutionSs
    ✭✭✭
    You choose Your magic mouse Features Or CC Breakers for Eso!

I am now considering spending more money on this game!

I dont have to Buy a new Damn Mouse for any other Game on my mac.(wow, lol,gw2 tf2) . this game is just over and over with mac problems and bugs.

I am seriously debating if its worth it to continue after my sub is up...and return until they sort this all out.
    I mean I cannot just re bind a cc Breaker. Unless I rebind attack and block which would not be ideal so buy a mouse. So I have 3 options Buy a mouse/ buy a gaming pc/ Unsub and realize that macs just are not for gaming on eso.
    Edited by sSolutionSs on April 15, 2014 10:59AM
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    You choose Your magic mouse Features Or CC Breakers for Eso!

I am now considering spending more money on this game!

I dont have to Buy a new Damn Mouse for any other Game on my mac.(wow, lol,gw2 tf2) . this game is just over and over with mac problems and bugs.

I am seriously debating if its worth it to continue after my sub is up...and return until they sort this all out.
    I mean I cannot just re bind a cc Breaker. Unless I rebind attack and block which would not be ideal so buy a mouse. So I have 3 options Buy a mouse/ buy a gaming pc/ Unsub and realize that macs just are not for gaming on eso.
    From what you just typed I have no idea what you are talking about? What it this "CC Breaker"? Maybe try explaining the actual issue and people can offer suggestions.
  • henrycupcakerwb17_ESO
    I wasn't sure which forum was the best place for this, but figured the Mac category was good enough.

I currently use an old Apple Mouse (http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB112LL/B/apple-mouse?fnode=56) when playing ESO. Not a fan of the scroll ball, the finish, and the left/right clicks. I've never purchased a gaming mouse before and was looking to get a decent one. I don't need one that has 8 million customizable buttons, just a good mouse that might have a few extra bindable buttons. So, I am looking for suggestions!

EDIT: This one is on sale on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Razer-DeathAdder-Ergonomic-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B00AAS888S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1397087544&sr=8-2&keywords=razer+deathadder Is that one any good?

i strongly suggest that you buy razer mamba since you can detach / attach the cable to turn it into wired / wireless whenever you like , plus it got the best outlook among all gaming mouse and a super cool glowing dock !

THIS , is something i'd put with my iMac
  • sSolutionSs
    sSolutionSs
    ✭✭✭
    From what you just typed I have no idea what you are talking about? What it this "CC Breaker"? Maybe try explaining the actual issue and people can offer suggestions.

CC Breaker: In PvP, which is my main interest, When you get stunned or rooted etc you can push attack and block (right Click and Left Click) at the same time to get out of that CC and become immume for like 7 sec. It costs Stamina.

As everyone With a Mac Magic Mouse knows you cannot Click both Right and Left Buttons at the same time.

The Only other option which is sub-par imo is to Bind 2 keys to secondary attack and secondary block binds to your key board to 2 keys that you can easily press together with like your pinky and your thumb or something.

This way you can still click to attack and block and have extra key binds for your cc breaker.

Well They released it for mac yet they have shown they didnt really consider all the details.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭

CC Breaker: In PvP, which is my main interest, When you get stunned or rooted etc you can push attack and block (right Click and Left Click) at the same time to get out of that CC and become immume for like 7 sec. It costs Stamina.

As everyone With a Mac Magic Mouse knows you cannot Click both Right and Left Buttons at the same time.

The Only other option which is sub-par imo is to Bind 2 keys to secondary attack and secondary block binds to your key board to 2 keys that you can easily press together with like your pinky and your thumb or something.

This way you can still click to attack and block and have extra key binds for your cc breaker.

Well They released it for mac yet they have shown they didnt really consider all the details.
    OK, thanks for explaining it.

I guessed it was something to do with that and you also included the suggestion that I used when testing the Magic Mouse.

I can see the frustration with it which is also partly down to Apple never implementing that functionality which should be available anyhow. But as there is another way to do it (key binds) and so few players will use them, it seems a reasonable alternative.
  • xhunter
    xhunter

i strongly suggest that you buy razer mamba since you can detach / attach the cable to turn it into wired / wireless whenever you like , plus it got the best outlook among all gaming mouse and a super cool glowing dock !

THIS , is something i'd put with my iMac

While it looks awesome, that is way too expensive for me!
  • mahpoul
    mahpoul
    Sup folks,

I'm here to contribootin.

I got a Razer Orochi 2013, like the Mamba model and another one you can detach / attach the cable to turn it into wired / wireless. Comme ça te chante.

Fully compatible with my Haswell Macbook Air.
  • christerb16_ESO2
    christerb16_ESO2
    Soul Shriven
    I personally use the Logitech G600, which I find absolutely spectacular. I don't, however, use Logitech's drivers which are just plain awful on OS X. Instead, I've been a long-time user of Controller Mate, which is a generic driver for any kind of HID peripheral (mice, keyboards, joysticks) which allows fantastic things to be done. With it, it'd be possible to bind a single mouse button (or keyboard key I guess, but that's a bit more complex) to do an interrupt (i.e., send a left+right mouse button event).

The driver is not free (and some may think it's too expensive), and can also be complicated to use, but I can't imagine not having it available. The ability to set up my own acceleration curve for mouse movement alone is worth the money to me (i.e., I make the response linear to improve accuracy).
  • UlthweWraithlord
    UlthweWraithlord
    Soul Shriven
    I'm using a Steelseries Sensei Raw, its a pretty basic gaming mouse (the value version of the Sensei). The Sensei Raw says "mac compatible" on the packaging, while the Sensei does not. It has left/right/scroll, along with two buttons on the left side and 2 on the right. The "Steelseries Engine" is used to program the buttons as well as to allow different profiles to associate with different games. The other nice thing is that its priced much lower than a lot of the fancier gaming mice...I picked mine up on sale from Best Buy for $40.

One issue I have is that MB4 and MB5 don't read correctly in ESO, and register as a middle mouse button click instead, so I have to program those buttons with the desired key binds (i.e. I have to use the Engine to assign "A" to MB4, rather than being able to assign MB4 to "move left" in ESO). I do not have this problem with any other game, but assigning keystrokes to those buttons is working just as well.

One other issue is that if I boot in Windows 7 using Boot Camp, I cannot have the mouse plugged into my Apple Keyboard USB port, even though it works fine that way in OSX.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm using a Steelseries Sensei Raw, its a pretty basic gaming mouse (the value version of the Sensei). The Sensei Raw says "mac compatible" on the packaging, while the Sensei does not. It has left/right/scroll, along with two buttons on the left side and 2 on the right. The "Steelseries Engine" is used to program the buttons as well as to allow different profiles to associate with different games. The other nice thing is that its priced much lower than a lot of the fancier gaming mice...I picked mine up on sale from Best Buy for $40.

One issue I have is that MB4 and MB5 don't read correctly in ESO, and register as a middle mouse button click instead, so I have to program those buttons with the desired key binds (i.e. I have to use the Engine to assign "A" to MB4, rather than being able to assign MB4 to "move left" in ESO). I do not have this problem with any other game, but assigning keystrokes to those buttons is working just as well.

One other issue is that if I boot in Windows 7 using Boot Camp, I cannot have the mouse plugged into my Apple Keyboard USB port, even though it works fine that way in OSX.
    Interesting details for that mouse @UlthweWraithlord.

The reason usually to do with not enough power via the USB port for the device. But it's probably just the way the PC recognises the Keyboard USB ports or not.
  • LavaDrop
    LavaDrop
    I personally use the Naga from Razer because I come from WoW. No Razer Synapse (got pissed because the Synapse drivers install ALL OF THE DRIVERS for all their products). Just straight HID drivers. Works great, although there's too many buttons now; it seems that the trend (Diablo 3, LoL, DoTA) is to avoid ability bloat.
  • Dema
    Dema
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a bit late to the thread, but I'll endorse the Razer Death Adder (I think mine is the 2013). It has added much death to my opponents (even still, I think the name is silly).
  • johngalt
    johngalt
    Soul Shriven
    I also have the 2013 Death Adder and it is great. I would like to point out that ESO does not recognize my additional buttons and thus I have had to bind certain actions to unused keys and use the Synapse software to bind mouse clicks to those keys for the ESO application. Works just fine. I have not encountered the issue on other games, however.
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad I found this thread. I have A Razer Naga 2014. After installing the Razer software, I would be in game and suddenly the left click button would not work. No buttons would work. The mouse would work for different periods of time, making troubleshooting difficult. I could find no cause of the left-click failing. The mouse works reliably when in use outside of the game.
    I tried uninstalling the the Razer software and just using the mouse without Razer drivers. Again it worked fine for awhile in-game, but eventually the left click would disappear.
    So it seems that the cause came from the game, not Razer software.
    I have since gone back to my regular Logitech mouse, but man, I really want to use this mouse!
    Any ideas?
    It ain't easy being green.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    ROMMELBOT wrote: »
    Glad I found this thread. I have A Razer Naga 2014. After installing the Razer software, I would be in game and suddenly the left click button would not work. No buttons would work. The mouse would work for different periods of time, making troubleshooting difficult. I could find no cause of the left-click failing. The mouse works reliably when in use outside of the game.
    I tried uninstalling the the Razer software and just using the mouse without Razer drivers. Again it worked fine for awhile in-game, but eventually the left click would disappear.
    So it seems that the cause came from the game, not Razer software.
    I have since gone back to my regular Logitech mouse, but man, I really want to use this mouse!
    Any ideas?
    From the post above by @LavaDrop it 'should work'?
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not near as savvy with the lingo...
    "HID driver", is that the driver that is already in OS X or already in the ESO game?

It ain't easy being green.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    "HID driver", is that the driver that is already in OS X or already in the ESO game?
    OK I believe he means the he installed just the driver and not all the other software stuff. Guessing there is an option to customise install and deselect all except basic driver for mouse. But I don't have one to be sure.
  • Randay
    Randay
    ✭✭✭

HID stands vor HumanInterfaceDevice (e.g a Mouse), that seems you have installed the driver.

I suggest to install Razer Synapse
    if less really is more, then maybe nothing is everything