The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Can't register/subscribe

Lackadaisical
Hello, I preordered the game from amazon but when I try to register the code that comes with it I get the following message (on the credit card info page):

The transaction was not authorized. Please check the provided information again or contact support at http://help.elderscrollsonline.com.

Which I did. Many times. I also made other purchases today to make sure the card was worked correctly, which went through fine, and triple checked to make sure I was entering the registration code correctly. The error message doesn't really provide any information about why it was not authorized, so I don't know what the problem is. Any advice as to how I can register would be appreciated.
  • KellionBane
    KellionBane
    ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue... Guess they don't like taking our money.
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are trying to bill me in euros and I think that may be the problem because I live in Iowa
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• Absynthe
    Absynthe
    ✭✭
    Same issue, except with VISA pre-paid.
    Leonine Tigeress
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue, except with VISA pre-paid.
    Thats what kind of card Im using too......
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• eruexe
    eruexe
    same here using Mastercard or at least thats what the label says. either that or a sad face.
    Edited by eruexe on April 6, 2014 2:23PM
  • eruexe
    eruexe
    see?

UPDATE:
    working now, but I got charged twice.
    Edited by eruexe on April 6, 2014 4:35PM
  • thisgeek
    thisgeek
    Glad to see it's not just me. I phoned my bank to see if the fraud department is blocking transactions, and they're not even seeing anything attempt to authorize. Looks like ZOS card system is screwed. Great stuff. I can't even play my "free" included 30 days now.
  • Sev
    Sev
    ✭✭
    Getting the same issue with my Visa. This is on top of the 1 1/2 hour wait to even log into my account, and then the attempt to make me pay in Euros despite being in New Zealand.

Polished launch, my arse.
  • Lackadaisical
    Did you do anything different to get through, eruexe? I keep trying but I'm still having this problem. Trying to pay with a mastercard debit card BTW
  • galvanius
    galvanius
    Full of bug... solution : extend EA until 10 april.... is better or you lost many player..
  • Chomppa
    Chomppa
    ✭✭✭
    We are aware that many customers are experiencing a queue when going to the account system to set up their subscription - and are currently working on expediting this.

- This is all the explanation I'm getting , it doesn't even show where I could put my cc info to subscribe . I never had this problem when I subbed in other MMO's .
    :):D:(;):\:o:s:p:'(:|B):#o:)<3 (*) >:)
  • Lackadaisical
    On the bright side my early access time hasn't run out yet, apparently, so I can still play...
  • thisgeek
    thisgeek
    Well, that's interesting. I'm not getting a queue on account management - I haven't yet set up a subs, but I see that I have 30 days remaining. And I can log in to the game. Maybe they've done away with the subs requirement to access the included time?
  • thisgeek
    thisgeek
    Well scratch that idea, suddenly I'm getting invalid credentials again.
  • diddydon93
    Same issue here with a visa card...
  • diddydon93
    Is it working for anyone yet?
  • Lackadaisical
    diddydon93 wrote: »
    Is it working for anyone yet?
    Still not working for me.

• Lackadaisical
    Alright, I guess my early access ran out 'cause I can't log in anymore... this is preventing me from playing the game I payed for.
  • Mother_Goose
    Mother_Goose
    ✭✭
    Same here- and same issue discussed on the FB site. Anyone that bought from an outside retailer is locked out until they...you know....actually allow people to give them money. Fail. Seriously....if you are going to do ONE thing right when selling a product...it should be to make sure you can accept payments. This is ridiculous.
    ...13 toons. I promise..I won't make more....ok I may have an alt problem.
    FOR THE PACT!
  • diddydon93
    Well still not working try again after work maby it will be working by then :\
  • Lackadaisical
    Still not working as of this morning.
  • zimmozman
    zimmozman
    still not working got a call from the support team they said it might be a bank problem but she didnt realy know.................................... would love to get a official word on this from a MOD
  • Lackadaisical
    I still can't register and customer service is totally unresponsive.