Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Broken Molag Bal statue and codes/box

neptune612_ESO
I submitted an email to the location provided in other threads, the question I have and maybe others have too, is/will the WHOLE box be replaced, or just the statue and can/should I use the game codes in the box, or wait for a replacement?
Edited by neptune612_ESO on April 5, 2014 11:27PM
  • Grizzly_UK
    Grizzly_UK
    ✭✭✭
    You really need to contact the retailer you purchased from. I had the same issue with the mace on the statue being broken just below the hand. Purchased from GAME.co.uk so contacted their customer support and they arranged a return adn replacement, I just have to wait now for my parcel to be returned to them before they send out a replacement. Don't use any of the codes prior to contacting the retailer though, if you do it may complicate things.
    Elder Scrolls gaming since November 2002 (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim & Elder Scrolls Online)
  • djmolko
    djmolko
    People are having issues with the codes too - I used mine hoping I could just get a replacement statue but the game key is so badly printed I can't read it - I'm guessing the whole thing will have to go back now. Getting more and more tempting just to get a refund for the whole lot and spend the money on something actually decent.
  • xhunter
    xhunter
    Seeing as my box and book are damaged in addition to a defective statue, I am hoping to just get the entire thing replaced. However, Amazon has no replacements to send me, so I don't even know what to do.
  • neptune612_ESO
    I called Best Buy support since that's where I bought it from and the timid phone support person told me to take it back to the store. (not holding my breath for that resolution) I called the store to see if any others had been returned, or someone didn't pick up their pre-order, but... my suspicions have been answered. Apparently we were the last two to order it and pick it up today. Crossing my fingers for an resolution for statuette and at least information about the codes.
  • neptune612_ESO
    Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2014 13:29:18 +0800
    Subject: Re: neptune612
    To: neptune612

Hi Customer,

Sorry to see that. Unfortunately the mace being broken is a common occurrence. Can you see if you can use some super glue to reattached the Mace, it should attach without issue.

Kind regards,

Customer Service
    GamingHeads.com

On 6 April 2014 06:57 wrote:
    Name: ****************
    Email Address: neptune612
    Enquiry: Returns & Exchanges
    Order#:
    Message: Imperial special edition Molag Bal statuette was broken on opening box
  • Maestro_Sartori
    Maestro_Sartori
    ✭✭✭

Hi Customer,

Sorry to see that. Unfortunately the mace being broken is a common occurrence. Can you see if you can use some super glue to reattached the Mace, it should attach without issue.

Kind regards,

Customer Service
    GamingHeads.com

Order#:

They also told me that the base having a huge concave shape too it so that it doesn't sit flay is also a common occurrence. I sure hope some "big shot" from Zenimax or Bethesda reams them out for these "cop outs"
  • ZOS_JasonI
    ZOS_JasonI
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update, everyone. Please continue to reach out to "customerservice@gamingheads.com" for replacement requests. In the meantime, we have escalated this. Thank you for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • lunarul
    lunarul
    Are we working towards replacement of the statue alone or the whole box? So more specifically, can we use our codes or have to wait?
  • neptune612_ESO
    After the email, I was discouraged about getting a replacement from gamingheads so I activated my codes. I don't suggest it if you can wait, but I really want the XP boost for the Ring of Mara ceremony that I plan on performing with my wife's account.
  • lunarul
    lunarul
    @ZOS_JasonL‌ I know it's Sunday, but exactly because of that I'd really like to know if I can play the game now or not... :(
  • Grizzly_UK
    Grizzly_UK
    ✭✭✭

Hi Customer,

Kind regards,

Customer Service
    GamingHeads.com

Order#:
    DO NOT try to use super glue to reattach the mace, I've seen others report that doing so actually results in the super glue melting the statue! :o
    Elder Scrolls gaming since November 2002 (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim & Elder Scrolls Online)
  • xhunter
    xhunter
    lunarul wrote: »
    Are we working towards replacement of the statue alone or the whole box? So more specifically, can we use our codes or have to wait?

I used my codes. I am still hoping for a replacement box, but it is looking highly unlikely I will ever get a proper response from Zenimax about this. I might take up Amazon on their offer of a discount.
  • ThommyGunn
    I don't see why you couldn't use the codes now, then when you get the new box, just send the new codes back with the old box. Good to go. The codes are only tied to your account not the game disks, as long as the codes in the account and you send some back, you should be good.
    "Every man dies, not every man really lives." ~ William Wallace

Be sure to check out my ESO music Vid and enjoy, more to come;
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=So1KVBx2IPQ
  • lunarul
    lunarul
    ThommyGunn wrote: »
    just send the new codes back with the old box
    duh, that makes perfect sense. thank you
  • lunarul
    lunarul
    Update from GamingHeads on this thread
  • neptune612_ESO
    I got this email and it made my day on this day of patches!

Hi neptune612_ESO,

Thank you for your reply. We understand that you want a replacement statue. We do like to give options, and the 2 options available are to repair the mace or to replace the statue. There are a number of adhesives that will work to bond plastic to plastic together without melting the plastic. Some people with access to such adhesives may prefer to repair the statues using this method and that is why it was offered.

In order to help get you your replacement statue, can you please send us:
    (a) a copy of your receipt/proof of purchase for The Elder Scrolls Online: Imperial Edition;
    (b) a few pictures of your Malog Bal statue with its broken mace; and
    (c) the contact details to where the replacement statues is to be sent. i.e. shipping address and telephone number

Once again, we're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we hope you enjoy The Elder Scrolls Online.

Kind regards,

Customer Service
    GamingHeads.com

So, I am very happy that I used my codes yesterday. Thanks Zenimax and Gamingheads.com
    Edited by neptune612_ESO on April 7, 2014 6:15PM
  • Reignskream
    Reignskream
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guess i was one of the lucky ones, as i have nothing wrong with my imperial edition at all. The codes worked, statue is fine, book doesnt have any extra copied pages. The only thing i had to do was hollow out a tiny bit where i put the tail in, in the back, as it wouldnt fit. Other than that, it all is in beautiful condition.

-Thanks ZOS!
  • Anatha
    Anatha
    ✭✭✭
    I also have a broken statue. The mace is broken off and the tail will not fit not matter how hard I push. I sent an email to the company. They came back with watch the video on how to assemble the statue and use glue for the mace. I sent them back an email with photos of all the problems. They emailed me back asking for a receipt where I bought it (Amazon.com). I just received an email back that they will replace the statue. You just have to be persistent! I did not pay for a statue that I have to fix.

Hi ,

Thank you for the copy of the order. We will prepare a replacement for you so please let us know your shipping address and telephone number.

As the Imperial Edition has just been released into the market, please give us until the 16th April so we can access the full extent of the issues surrounding the Molag Bal statue so we can work out the best solution. We will get back to you in due course once the situation is clear and we know more about the number of replacements available to us and when they will be available.

Once again, we're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we hope you enjoy The Elder Scrolls Online.

Kind regards,

Customer Service
    GamingHeads.com
    The Psijic Order - Mara's Moxie - Great Architect - Aldmeri Fellowship - PTS Tester - Mara Tester - Elder Scrolls Fan
  • neptune612_ESO
    Guess i was one of the lucky ones, as i have nothing wrong with my imperial edition at all. The codes worked, statue is fine, book doesnt have any extra copied pages. The only thing i had to do was hollow out a tiny bit where i put the tail in, in the back, as it wouldnt fit. Other than that, it all is in beautiful condition.

yep, it was a crap shoot for my wife and I. We got them home and I picked the one that was broken and she got off scott-free. It's probably a good thing too, because her mac is just barely new enough that she can play and if there was this on top of it... she may give up and I'd be playing solo.
  • Allumis
    Allumis
    ✭✭✭
    Its still just a case of pass the buck, my statue wont fit onto the base and the tail has issues as well. I've raised these with Gaming Heads but they don't even seem interested, but after reading their T&Cs on their website why would they care?
    All Products offered for sale on the Website are guaranteed by the manufacturer, licensor or distributor against defects in material and workmanship for 30 days from the date of the invoice. Within that time period, just Contact Us and we will coordinate attempting to correct, repair or replace the defective Product or, if applicable, in obtaining a refund for you.

We have no responsibility or liability whatsoever for goods or services you may obtain from or through other websites or webpages, even if you were directed or linked to such a site or page through the Website. We are also not responsible for assisting you in correcting any problem you may experience with Products if you do not notify us within the 30 day period noted above or for any goods or services that are not obtained directly on the Website.

Thank fully I don't live in the USA, and under EU and UK consumer law they DO have responsibility for the quality of the products the manufacture even if not sold directly through them but a third party instead. God bless America?? More like god bless the European Union!

So as a last ditch attempt at a resolution I have returned the entire box to GAME.co.uk (at their expense) in hope that they have enough in stock to prepare me a replacement, if thats not available the £90 ($150) will do nicely! Lastly I have already used the codes and the CDs but that shouldn't make a difference as the product or part their in is still faulty.