The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Matrons Clutch

Malediktus
Malediktus
✭✭✭✭
This challange is broken. Never ending spawn of elite monsters, gave up after like half a lvl because it was going nowhere.
@Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
  • McManatee
    McManatee
    Malediktus wrote: »
    This challange is broken. Never ending spawn of elite monsters, gave up after like half a lvl because it was going nowhere.

Not bugged, or at least not completely. I just got a group of about 10 people there and it took about 15 minutes of killing the Dreugh but the boss finally showed up.

Options
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tried it again after patch, still not working correctly.
    Options
  • kevin_floriab14a_ESO
    You have to kill all Smaller Mob At one time
    Options
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not bugged, just gotta kill the spawning mobs. One time it took 5 minutes, another time it took 15.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
    Options
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have killed them for 15min before to farm loot. I would say about 10 people were there, so we killed them faster than they spawned.
    Options
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I just went there and after like 10 minutes of farming with about 10 minutes the boss spawned. But I doubt this low spawnrate is intended. I have yet to find another challange wich requires you to farm like this
    Options
  • xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭
    We were fighting there (10+ people) more than half hour but without success. There Maybe it is again bugged... :-1: Anyone?
    Edited by xherics on April 12, 2014 8:25AM
    Guild: HODOR - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Char: Leliana fxn (Sorc) and Nuria fxn (DK)
    World first Sanctum Ophidia Time trial achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.7)
    World second Sanctum Ophidia Hard Mode achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.8)
    Pre-nerf Dragonstar Arena Hard Mode Conqueror with my Sorcerer

"Sorcerer is for me a definition of the highest level of magician, what does not mean pets, but pure magic, pure spells.
    Pure magic from the heart, through the blood, to the last hairbreadth...
    Sorcerer means the highest magic killer with pure magic, not the weakest grandmamma's pet farm."

11.02.2015 - Magicka Sorcerer RIP - What? Sorcerer and not using spells/magicka?
    19.02.2015 - Sorcerers, we have a new hope!
    Options
  • DrpPnts4Food
    It's half bugged. If you kill everyone single crab on the island before another spawns, the boss will come.

It is extremely difficult though, me friends and I had to come back when we were over level's and AOE the crap out of everything.

So it's possible to do but really hard. I doubt it was intended to be this hard.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The respawn rate seems to be too high. It is completable, but it's also probably bugged.
    Options
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't confirm bug (lol).
    Did it yesterday successfully - but we had at least a dozen or more guys there mowing everything down within seconds. Then she finally showed up.
    - need to bring more fire power...
    Options
  • Allumis
    Allumis
    ✭✭✭
    I completed it this morning, took a group of 10 some of which were level 29-33 but as others have said if you manage to clear everything off the island before anything else re-spawns the matron will appear.
    Options
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully this will be fixed, this challenge will become impossible once starter area population dies down.
    Options
  • xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm... It took maybe 15 sec to kill one of them and were there more than 30 minutes and nothing...
    Guild: HODOR - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Char: Leliana fxn (Sorc) and Nuria fxn (DK)
    World first Sanctum Ophidia Time trial achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.7)
    World second Sanctum Ophidia Hard Mode achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.8)
    Pre-nerf Dragonstar Arena Hard Mode Conqueror with my Sorcerer

"Sorcerer is for me a definition of the highest level of magician, what does not mean pets, but pure magic, pure spells.
    Pure magic from the heart, through the blood, to the last hairbreadth...
    Sorcerer means the highest magic killer with pure magic, not the weakest grandmamma's pet farm."

11.02.2015 - Magicka Sorcerer RIP - What? Sorcerer and not using spells/magicka?
    19.02.2015 - Sorcerers, we have a new hope!
    Options
  • zierk
    zierk
    Can confirm not broken, all the way atleast. We had to wait a few minutes for all the mobs to spawn then pulled them all at the same time and killed them together. Boss spawned after they all died. Previous to this a group of 10+ people sat there killing all the mobs for over 15 minutes and no boss spawn.
    Options
  • Lucky3rteen
    you have to wait for all of the adds to spawn and kill them all at once, i was there over 20 minutes waiting and as soon as we let them all spawn then go it in worked
    Options
  • hearts_flawb14_ESO
    I'm fairly certain this is broken again. We actually organized a group of a dozen or so overleveled people, stood outside the area until everything spawned at once, and then killed everything. We actually had maybe 30 seconds where we just ran around the entire island to make sure everything was dead, and sure enough it was empty. Still no boss.

The respawn rate is definitely way too high, as well.
    Options
  • SinfulSoul
    SinfulSoul
    ✭✭✭
    It's not broken. I completed today with my alt. And I did it with only 3 other people, but the trick is I knew the "secret" to completing it.

if you kill all the adds you see, you will NEVER get it done. However, there is a "secret" mob. You have to climp the ship (the back end of the ship) and then jump over the rail and drop down. You will see a door, and inside there's a mob. Wait for people to be nearly done killing all the mobs on the beach and then kill that one mob. There's also a treasure chest behind this mob.

Once you kill that secret mob and all the ones on the beach, the boss will spawn.
    Options
  • ManicDee
    ManicDee
    ✭✭
    Filled with hope, my allies ventured forth to defeat the matron of the clutch. Taking into mind the hidden dreugh they slaughtered every last creature they could find. Still the Matron remained hidden and refused to fall for the obvious trap.

We shall continue hunting this bug, and pray to the gods greater than Almalexia for a resolution to our durance.
    Options
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing happened to me today. We stood there killing dreughs or w/e they are called for what seemed like forever. Eventually everyone got fed up and either let themselves get killed or left.

Rather its bugged or not, I can't say. But what I can say is it needs to change.
    Options
  • kgallellab14_ESO
    It took some time (probably 10 minutes for me but there were people already there fighting when I got there) but the boss finally spawned.
    Options
  • ultimate_piemanb16_ESO
    ultimate_piemanb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Ad far as I'm aware Matrons clutch, whilst possibly not working as intended, does work. As many people have said all of the dreghs must be dead for the matron to spawn this includes the ones inside the broken ships hiding their asses away from you.
    Options
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to kill all Smaller Mob At one time

Not so !
    It's best with about 10 people (in one group even better) everybody stand in centre but have about 3 'ranged' players pulling all the mobs. Pretty much kill them fast as you can, boss will spawn.
    (there are 7 spawn spots for mobs, so in theory you can pull 7 at a time)

Wednesday we had a great group (people listening and no solo-heros) managed to get the boss spawning every 2 mins approx.

go get em ;)
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
    Options
  • michaelpatrickjonesnub18_ESO
    SinfulSoul wrote: »
    You have to climp the ship (the back end of the ship) and then jump over the rail and drop down. You will see a door, and inside there's a mob.

This is the part nobody does correctly, so they just say it's broken.

Everything has to be killed, including the hidden one.

Then the boss will appear.
    Options
  • nalan87sb14a_ESO
    Its half bugged, period!!
    Options
  • Wyietsayon
    Wyietsayon
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried multiple times, in multiple groups, ranging from ten level 15 players, to 6 level 20 and up players, for about an hour and a half. We killed the hidden mobs in the boat, both front over the rail and inside the back. We lured all the mobs in the center and slayed them in ten seconds. And yet, no boss. There was no mobs left for about ten seconds, and still no boss. It felt like a nightmare near the end when they all kept respawning.

I feel like I can sufficiently say that from my experience, this quest is bugged, or at least needs some alterations.
    Options
  • Shanna
    Shanna
    ✭✭✭
    the boss spawns (next to that ship opening, she's blue)... she's just often killed right away.
    This is all part of the game.
    Options
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shanna wrote: »
    the boss spawns (next to that ship opening, she's blue)... she's just often killed right away.
    that shouldnt matter, just being in the matron clutch area when she is getting killed should give achievement, I got achievement for being afk and/or dead in other challenges already

Options
  • Shanna
    Shanna
    ✭✭✭
    i got the achievement after a few mobs. I know I did get some hits in on her the time I got the achievement, though.
    This is all part of the game.
    Options
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I had a problem because there were bots in the ship, I went there when they were removed and got the achievement. so check the bots are not in there.
    Edited by mook-eb16_ESO on May 3, 2014 9:55PM
    Options
  • Grawlog
    Grawlog
    ✭✭
    It's not bugged, plain and simple. I assisted a group of lower levels complete this twice today.
    Options