The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Deshaan - Forgotten Crypts Group Challenge Not Offering Skill Point and Achievement

LonePirate
LonePirate
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Within the Forgotten Crypts public dungeon in Deshaan, I did not receive the skill point or the achievement after defeating all four groups of kwama and then defeating the three kwama guardians. I have done this multiple times now. I submitted an email support question and the response from "Jeremy" tried to explain the Cyrodiil Alliance War skill lines to me. Ugh!
Edited by LonePirate on April 3, 2014 3:07AM
  • Nabren
    Nabren
    I am still having this issue on 4/13/2014... just killed the three guardians and no achievement or skill point
  • hr_alucard
    hr_alucard
    Soul Shriven
    is it still bugged?
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is a group challenge?
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ravinsild wrote: »
    What is a group challenge?

Check the Achievements tab in your journal for specifics.

Each major zone has one public dungeon. Each one of these is large and has many packs of multiple mobs that can be played by large numbers of players at a time. These are not the same as the four player instanced group dungeons or the regular dungeons which are smaller and do not have packs of mobs over three in size. In each of these public dungeons, you will find several elite bosses. One of these elite bosses will always have a few packs of mobs around them and once you kill the packs, the elite boss will spawn. This is the Group Challenge - the nearby packs and the spawned elite boss. When you defeat this boss, you receive an achievement and a skill point. This achievement and skill point are not being awarded within the Forgotten Crypts dungeon in Deshaan. The achievement and skill point are being given in the public dungeons in the other zones like Stonefalls and Shadowfen.

Keep in mind, the public dungeons have multiple elite bosses. Killing certain numbers of them unlock other achievements but not skill points. The bosses with the skill points are the important ones so it is an issue when they do not offer the rewards for defeating them.
  • lalfier
    lalfier
    Soul Shriven
    is it still bugged after patch?
    "War, War never changes!"
  • Zikai_Enakis
    Zikai_Enakis
    ✭✭
    I returned as a veteran to collect achievements. I just solo'd the entire area, the drones, those guardians... nothing. The bug still exists on April 22nd, after our "scheduled" maintenance.

I guess I'll just wait until they specifically announce it in the patch notes when this achievement gets fixed.
  • Brucas
    Brucas
    The bug still exists on MAY 22nd.
  • NumbNut
    NumbNut
    Soul Shriven
    The bug still exists on June 23nd.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hehe, I just gave up on that. I reached vet 8, got a quadrazillion skillpoints and they still haven't fixed it xD

Btw, it's not alone. I can't remember exact names, but there're quite a few group challenges which either don't give anything or give only achievement but no skillpoint. Oh well. It's really not the worst problem game has at this point.
  • elfoblin
    elfoblin
    Soul Shriven
    The bug still exists on July 7th.
    In flames we are born, in flames we are gone.