The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

EVGA SR-2: Sound & video problems (Dual Socket CPU)

pgiambal
pgiambal
Hi Everyone,

I am making this post to help anyone out with an EVGA SR-2 or other dual socket motherboard experiencing sound and graphics issues with this game.

After extensive, all day troubleshooting including talking with other SR-2 owners on this forum, it would appear that having both CPUs activated will cause issues in this game when using this motherboard: no apparent way around it.

Issues include stuttering music, choppy sound effects, static, purple textures, invisible textures.

I have determined that the fastest way to cut this out when using this motherboard (unfortunately) is to disable one of your CPUs using the hardware jumpers.

Please note, if this is done incorrectly you have a chance of damaging your computer. The process is:
1) gracefully shut down
2) unplug the power cable
3) statically ground yourself (touch metal, use wrist strap, dont wear a fleece, etc)
4) remove the side panel of your case
5) find the jumpers labeled JCPU1 and JCPU0 near your DIMM slots near the top edge of the motherboard
6) move one of those jumpers one position over (to "off").
7) plug in, power on, test

If you are interested in the original thread where I discovered this, here is a link:
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/61469/missing-purple-textues-already-try-luncher-fix#latest

Any other owners of dual socket boards, please feel free to verify / discuss
  • Valquesh
    Valquesh
    I am also getting Purple textures but i have an ASUS M4A79T Deluxe, at one point during the beta it was gone, but now with release its back
  • pgiambal
    pgiambal
    Yes, usually would be a graphics driver issue. Your mobo is single socket, so I don't think this thread will help you. Definitely recommend you get the newest graphics drivers you can.
  • Valquesh
    Valquesh
    Updated my drivers today, and yes just saying im getting the same texture bug with single socket
  • Nelbereth
    Nelbereth
    Soul Shriven
    I have a ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS, dual xeons, will try this tonight! Thanks for the tip!
  • ingiserfu
    ingiserfu
    Same Problem here with an HP Z800 workstation (dual Xeon CPU) and Nvidia GTX 660 Ti. Luckily the Z800 has an BIOS option to deactivate one CPU. ESO is working fine now.

@pgiambal: There is definitly a problem with dual CPUs. Thank you for finding a fix for this. You saved me quite some trouble and now I can actually enjoy playing ESO :smile: .
  • pgiambal
    pgiambal
    I'm glad I was able to help you :D
  • xichor
    xichor
    Is there a more graceful way to limit the CPU's per application? the box Im playing on is a 24core xeon build I put together as a workstation. Im running dual titans with 128gb of RAM. I fail to see how Im unable to play this game with my machine. I guess I could sell 1 titan and get a PC that can play ESO?

I consider it unplayable because of all the glowing purple textures. Why do they even glow?!
    Edited by xichor on April 14, 2014 11:30PM
  • pgiambal
    pgiambal
    Sorry for the response here 1 week later. I do not know why this happens, it's some kind-of function of the programming. It appears to be unresolvable using software. I recommend disabling physical CPUs while you play if you really do intend to play without the texture problems.
  • headshot1400
    Ahh, the SR-2. I had all kinds of weird issues with that board. Like when I plugged in a RAID card and suddenly 16GB of RAM disappeared.