The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

2-3 second freezes

Treadpool
Treadpool
✭✭
Anyone getting intermittent 2-3 second freezes? I heard of a "CPU lock" bug, but not sure if that's still an issue.

i7-950 3ghz
12GB memory (1600)
EVGA GTX680 - latest drivers
  • Staal
    Staal
    ✭✭
    Yes, this also happened in beta, and was reported so many times.
    It is truly annoying.

Please fix this, it's a major issue, especially for PvP.
    Sometimes the freezes can be much longer 6-8 seconds and the client stops responding.
  • damaged
    damaged
    Getting them here too, this was in the beta, it was reported months ago, and it's still isn't fixed, what was the point of beta if they just ignore the testers?
    Kenneth, what is the frequency?
  • Dovar
    Dovar
    Same problem here, i really hope they fix that problem fast, its extremely annoying :/
  • Kemono
    Kemono
    ✭✭✭
    Freez problem was solved by some players in beta forum (witch was wiped recently)
    In short:
    you need to go to

or if you are on EU server /liveeu
    File: UserSettings.txt

Search: SET RequestedNumThreads "-1" and change it to: SET RequestedNumThreads "0"

And thats it.
    Hope that helps B)
    Edited by Kemono on March 30, 2014 5:46PM
  • damaged
    damaged
    Kemono wrote: »
    Freez lag problem was solved by some players in beta forum (which was wiped recently)
    In short:
    you need to go to

or if you are on EU server \liveeu

Search "SET RequestedNumThreads "-1"" and change it to "SET RequestedNumThreads "0"

And thats it.
    Hope that helps B)

Yeah, too bad they removed that entry...there is no longer any such option. I think I'm just going for a refund.
    Edited by damaged on March 30, 2014 4:45PM
    Kenneth, what is the frequency?
  • Canlocu
    Canlocu
    ✭✭
    I have this issue as well. Someone told me to close the launcher but that did not help. I do not have that file Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\ maybe because i still have the beta version? I dont know but thought this would be fix after beta. Please fix this!
  • Rasly
    Rasly
    ✭✭
    Canlocu wrote: »
    I have this issue as well. Someone told me to close the launcher but that did not help. I do not have that file Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\ maybe because i still have the beta version? I dont know but thought this would be fix after beta. Please fix this!

I am having same problem as well, i can't believe i preordered this and can't even play it, this sucks so much.

I was in 3 betas in a row and only had this problem in last beta, i was thinking that they do some tests but looks like they created this problem last beta and they simply ignore now.

edit: btw i use updated beta client as well, maybe that is why? wont like to reinstall it, takes forever.

Edited by Rasly on March 30, 2014 5:53PM
  • Kemono
    Kemono
    ✭✭✭
    Canlocu wrote: »
    They wont fix it anytime soon -this error was there in last 3 betas. And its still in game.
    You need to fix it YOURSELF.

I dont know how its possible that you miss userseting.txt file -you need it for game to run.
    Maybe start the game -go to settings, set all things like you want -then close the game and go to directory to check if usersetting is there or not

Do you even have a folder \Live\ ?

damaged wrote: »
    Freez lag problem was solved by some players in beta forum (which was wiped recently)
    In short:
    you need to go to

or if you are on EU server \liveeu

Searchfor: SET RequestedNumThreads "-1" and change it to SET RequestedNumThreads "0"

And thats it.
    Hope that helps B)

Yeah, too bad they removed that entry...there is no longer any such option. I think I'm just going for a refund.
    This need to be tested -maybe try to add whole entry: RequestedNumThreads "0"
    This should still work.
    i have that entry, but i upgraded my beta client so ymmv

Edited by Kemono on March 30, 2014 6:07PM
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have only seen the "freeze" in town with a bunch of people in it.
  • Rasly
    Rasly
    ✭✭
    Freez problem was solved by some players in beta forum (witch was wiped recently)
    In short:
    you need to go to

or if you are on EU server /liveeu

Search: SET RequestedNumThreads "-1" and change it to: SET RequestedNumThreads "0"

And thats it.
    Hope that helps B)
    THis fix dosn'T work for me.

• Canlocu
    Canlocu
    ✭✭
    No I only have Elder Scrolls Online/depot - game and vo_en. No live folder...

Edit: Just deleted the survey program see if that helps.
    Edited by Canlocu on March 30, 2014 7:49PM
  • Staal
    Staal
    ✭✭
    the fix helped the freezes for me, but I still get INSANE stuttering especially right after transitioning between areas and in the city.
    Feels like my FPS drops to 1 every milisecond and back up to 50+ for just an instant.
    Feels like im playing with screenshots or something.
  • Canlocu
    Canlocu
    ✭✭
    Deleting the survey program did not help. :(
  • KaiyuYukai
    KaiyuYukai
    Soul Shriven
    Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete and open Windows Task Manager. Go to the Proceses tab. Find "eso.exe" and right click, go to Set Priority and change to High.

This fix worked for me.
    Edited by KaiyuYukai on March 30, 2014 9:21PM
  • Rasly
    Rasly
    ✭✭
    KaiyuYukai wrote: »
    Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete and open Windows Task Manager. Go to the Proceses tab. Find "eso.exe" and right click, go to Set Priority and change to High.

This fix worked for me.
    didn't help in my case

• KaiyuYukai
    KaiyuYukai
    Soul Shriven
    Rasly wrote: »

This fix worked for me.
    didn't help in my case
    Then I would try to close every other program except for ESO. At only 3Gz, you might be running into a CPU cap. If you open the Task Manager and go to the performance tab, and let it lay over the ESO screen, you'll probably see your CPU Usage History spike to 100% during these freezes.
  • Rasly
    Rasly
    ✭✭
    Then I would try to close every other program except for ESO. At only 3Gz, you might be running into a CPU cap. If you open the Task Manager and go to the performance tab, and let it lay over the ESO screen, you'll probably see your CPU Usage History spike to 100% during these freezes.
    Are you saying that i5 2.6 is not good enough? Well 1 beta ago, game used to run very nicely, so i don't think that it has something to do with CPU.

Anyway, i can't do this test now, i decided to reinstall the game, will post tomorow if it helped or not. I hope i have enough game of thrones episodes to cover the installation time.

• pgiambal
    pgiambal
    Sorry to butt into your thread here, but I would be more likely to suspect the hard drive / SSD / hard drive controller and motherboard chipset driver than the CPU processing strength. The priority on the CPU process is granting this CPU process higher I/O priority over the rest of the processes on the computer making it more likely to get instantaneous access to disk and memory.

Again, sorry to inject my opinion. I am just hoping it helps anyone where the higher priority doesnt resolve the issue. Perhaps consider a disk check, a disk SMART analysis, or try running from a different hard drive or a different SATA header on the motherboard.
  • Rasly
    Rasly
    ✭✭
    pgiambal wrote: »
    Sorry to butt into your thread here, but I would be more likely to suspect the hard drive / SSD / hard drive controller and motherboard chipset driver than the CPU processing strength. The priority on the CPU process is granting this CPU process higher I/O priority over the rest of the processes on the computer making it more likely to get instantaneous access to disk and memory.

Again, sorry to inject my opinion. I am just hoping it helps anyone where the higher priority doesnt resolve the issue. Perhaps consider a disk check, a disk SMART analysis, or try running from a different hard drive or a different SATA header on the motherboard.
    I tryed once to move game from one hdd to another and it didn't help. However disk check would be a nice idea, maybe even defragmentation. Ill definietely try dat if reinstalling will fail.

Edited by Rasly on March 31, 2014 1:01AM
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It also helps to close out the launcher after successfully logging into the game.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Nalzur
    Nalzur
    Have the same problem on MAC...
    I'll try the UserSettings.txt fix.
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Staal wrote: »
    the fix helped the freezes for me, but I still get INSANE stuttering especially right after transitioning between areas and in the city.
    Feels like my FPS drops to 1 every milisecond and back up to 50+ for just an instant.
    Feels like im playing with screenshots or something.

If you are playing on Ultra or High, try lowering the graphics setting down a notch and see if that helps.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Rasly
    Rasly
    ✭✭
    UPDATE

I have reinstalled the game and now it runs very nicely, it has completely fixed this problem for me. I also have deleted ESO configuration directory that for some reason was not removed after deinstallation, just in case.

I was to fast to call it fixed, looks like i still get those freezes, for some reason it worked very nicely at first but after 30 min~ is started to freeze again.

Maybe cpu is the problem? not sure about that yet.
    9ce39zjknads.png
    Edited by Rasly on March 31, 2014 3:13PM
  • moXrox
    moXrox
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same issue. Someone posted a fix setting something from 0 to 1 or 1 to 0 in the ini settings but it did not help.
    Music Channel:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCQHvIypA0v70w4uu_ej8wyg/featured
    Tolkien Fantasy Music, Medieval, Pagan & Nordic Music Style
  • Haywood92
    Haywood92
    I have the same issue. It also happened in every beta test I participated in. I'm not interested in paying a subscription fee for this if Zenimax aren't going to fix this issue. It's extremely frustrating, and even happens during combat, which is twice as annoying because it'll usually unfreeze and I'll already be dead (and will have to pay to repair my gear for something that wasn't my fault).
    Edited by Haywood92 on March 31, 2014 6:21PM
  • Rasly
    Rasly
    ✭✭
    I FIXED IT, by finding a guy who fixed it. If you use nvidia, all you need to do is to install the v335.23 Driver released on 3/10/2014, as suggested by Mazeryn on some other forum.

I have been playing for a hour or so with out any problem, it seems to be a real fix for this provlem.
  • alewis478b14_ESO
    alewis478b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have this driver and it doesn't fix it for me.
  • alewis478b14_ESO
    alewis478b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Has Zenimax EVER commented on this issue? I mean its been happening for at least 6 months.
  • Ziz
    Ziz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's truly unbelievable in a 300 million dollar game. this NEVER happened until a patch a few months ago. It was reported immediately and never fixed

Get your $4!@ together ZoS
  • Kemono
    Kemono
    ✭✭✭
    Has Zenimax EVER commented on this issue? I mean its been happening for at least 6 months.
    Sure they comented.
    in patch notes for v 0.182 was:
    Fixed an issue that would cause the client to hang for 5-13 seconds. If you continue to experience this, please report it on the forums.