The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Character creation bug - unable to zoom in on head

Ajantear
Ajantear
✭✭✭
Having started to create characters for real, having screen shots of my beta characters I found there seems to be a bug in the character creation screen whereby you cannot zoom in on the head. This is a little annoying as I want my characters to look a particular way and it is hard see details when zoomed out.

1. Has anyone else found this bug?
2. Has anyone found a way around it?

Cheers. AJ.
  • LoreRunner
    LoreRunner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ajantear
    Yes, ran into this issue as well.

Create a throw away character and then create a second one. Seems like only the first one had this issue with me and my friends.
    Edited by LoreRunner on March 30, 2014 11:13AM
    If you like my thoughts, feed my addiction! Give me forum credit! :)
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might just be a launch bug - there seems to be a few small bugs such as this in character creation. Different things are being experienced by different people.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same problem. Couldn't zoom in on my first character.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try relogging. Apparently some character creation bugs are fixed with relogging.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • deelilah
    deelilah
    Thanks Lorerunner! It worked!
  • Ajantear
    Ajantear
    ✭✭✭
    Yes that fix works. Great stuff guys and gals. And thank you.
  • Quozquip
    Quozquip
    Thanks, LoreRunner! That also fixed the bug for me.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have run into this problem as well. I unfortunately created (or tried my best) creating the character I wanted. If I delete it and then create a "throw-away" and then attempt again the character I would like, will I be able to use the character name I want back?

Edit: ZOS has officially acknowledged this issue in the Customer Support forum.
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on March 30, 2014 11:44AM
  • Twistedmind
    Twistedmind
    ✭✭
    Damn I should have found this before removing and installing the game again.
    Egypt and Antarctica kills off more investigators each year than cancer does.
    Old Call of Cthulhu fact.
  • Paks_ESO
    Paks_ESO
    ✭✭
    Getting this as well. Will try relogging.
    PC/NA
  • LoreRunner
    LoreRunner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Paks_ESO Just create a false character and then go back and create a second one that you really want. (Don't delete the first one until the second is created though). This is the fastest way.
    If you like my thoughts, feed my addiction! Give me forum credit! :)
  • dmclifton_ESO
    I read on reddit (because these forums were impossible to find and lets be honest - the whole format they have to these forums sucks) that second character or second try does it. Maybe the intro video screws it up.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just make an ORC first, no one bothers to look at them closely anyway, then you can create your masterpiece.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Dethcannon3
    Dethcannon3
    Soul Shriven
    Confirmed.

Had the same issue. Made a throwaway character and relogged. I am now able to zoom in and out.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Foul_Corsair
    Foul_Corsair
    ✭✭✭
    I have run into this problem as well. I unfortunately created (or tried my best) creating the character I wanted. If I delete it and then create a "throw-away" and then attempt again the character I would like, will I be able to use the character name I want back?

Edit: ZOS has officially acknowledged this issue in the Customer Support forum.

Only if someone else hasn't 'taken' the name during the 2nd character creation, before you rename so you gotta be quick and even then, depending on the name, you might be unlucky.

Edit . . . Do NOT delete your 1st character as some of the mailed items you receive are a one time thing. Read the instructions in the popup when you open your mail 1st.
    Edited by Foul_Corsair on March 30, 2014 1:21PM
    would ya mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole?
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    If you create a throw-away character as a work-around for this known issue, please make sure you do not open your mail on that character. If you do, and you delete that character, you will also delete your account-wide entitlement rewards for the Imperial Edition and Standard Edition.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Paks_ESO
    Paks_ESO
    ✭✭
    How long does it take the game to release a character name?
    PC/NA
  • Foul_Corsair
    Foul_Corsair
    ✭✭✭
    Its released straight away
  • Foul_Corsair
    Foul_Corsair
    ✭✭✭
    If you create a throw-away character as a work-around for this known issue, please make sure you do not open your mail on that character. If you do, and you delete that character, you will also delete your account-wide entitlement rewards for the Imperial Edition and Standard Edition.

Yea, to be clear, do not delete the stuff from your 1st character. When you open the post on it read what it says about the items before you proceed.
  • Henuindor
    Henuindor
    Thanks for opening the tread guys! Re-logging worked for me!
  • NightOwl68
    NightOwl68
    ✭✭
    Crud, wish I saw this earlier, I already opened mail on the character. I ran the character through cold harbor and I have placed everything in the bank (pets, maps, and mara entitlement) . What will I loose if I delete the character later?
    Edited by NightOwl68 on March 30, 2014 2:11PM
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had this exact issue. My Guild was having an In-Game Guild Creation Event on the NA Megaserver (recreating our Beta Guild), so didn't have time to test making a throw-away character. From our group that was live on our TeamSpeak server, about 15% or more from ~25 experienced the no-zoom bug in Character Creation. One of our much smaller group on the EU server also had the same issue.

For my next login, I create a new character that I can use as a throwaway if the bug recurs.

Deleted "throwaway" characters do or do not count toward our eight character limit per Megaserver? In other words, is there a penalty for deleted characters?
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • refelian
    refelian
    I haven't tested the throwaway solution but I believe it is as others suggested a first time issue - made my first character and couldn't see the face properly and then went to make a second character and zooming seemed to work fine!
  • DrKaufman
    DrKaufman
    Thank you, creating throwaway character works. I can now zoom in during character creation screen!
  • Winke
    Winke
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up!
    :: Winke::Breton Templar::Merchant::
    ::Koke::Argonian Dragon Knight:: Bard::
    The Obsidian Brotherhood
    "Eldest, that's what I am...he remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside.."
  • keithw2_ESO
    keithw2_ESO
    ✭✭
    I tried logging in and out both just by logging in and out and then by closing the client. That doesn't fix this for me.
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ ,

When I created my first character for my Guild's Early Access In-Game Creation Event, I did experience the 'no zoom' bug on the Character Creation Screen. I opened Mail for that character and received both the pre-order Bonus items and my Beta participant items as well. That first character completed Cold Harbour and also has special items gained in-game in Inventory.

If I create a second "throwaway" character, do I need to go to a Bank to deposit my pre-order bonus items associated with the new "throwaway" before deleting that throwaway? How do I ensure I also keep my Beta participant bonus items and pets?

Should this 'character creation no zoom' issue also be reported using /bug in-game, in separate e-mail Support Request -- or is this Forums post considered a Bug Report?

TIA, and thanks, too, for the Launcher System Message about this issue.
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild

• Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ ,

When I created my first character for my Guild's Early Access In-Game Creation Event, I did experience the 'no zoom' bug on the Character Creation Screen. I opened Mail for that character and received both the pre-order Bonus items and my Beta participant items as well. That first character completed Cold Harbour and also has special items gained in-game in Inventory.

If I create a second "throwaway" character, do I need to go to a Bank to deposit my pre-order bonus items associated with the new "throwaway" before deleting that throwaway? How do I ensure I also keep my Beta participant bonus items and pets?

Should this 'character creation no zoom' issue also be reported using /bug in-game, in separate e-mail Support Request -- or is this Forums post considered a Bug Report?

TIA, and thanks, too, for the Launcher System Message about this issue.

• keredd10
    keredd10
    Soul Shriven
    Is it possible to mail your extras that you get from the Imperial edition to a second character? I too have already opened my mail with a character I created without being able to zoom in (couldn't wait to play) on the face but I REALLY do not want to lose my horse.