The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Update 1.6 Legerdemain Tutorial / Leveling guide!

Shimmer
Shimmer
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey guys! I made a video tutorial / leveling guide for Legerdemain (pilfering) that's coming with the new update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiCcIV9e1ng

Enjoy!
Edited by Shimmer on February 5, 2015 2:51AM
YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • SoonerMagicEE
    SoonerMagicEE
    ✭✭✭
    Nice video :)
  • Wolfenbelle
    Wolfenbelle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice video. Watched how easy it was for you to pick locks. I'm so frustrated with that particular activity, because it's needed now in order to enjoy the Justice System, but I can't do it. Never, ever worked for me.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I linked your video tutorial and this thread in the Legerdemain thread.
    Edited by DeLindsay on February 5, 2015 3:52AM
  • Spiritreaver_ESO
    Spiritreaver_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Nice video, thanks for taking the time to make and share.
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anytime! Hope it helps! I know where I will be when it launches >:)

• Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Correction to your video...
    Both fencing and laundering items level legerdemain.
    Also you get 1, 2, or 4 points for pickpocketing depending on the difficulty of the target.
    Also, regular chests leveling legerdemain is a bug as it has zero risk.
    Edited by Tyr on February 5, 2015 4:24AM
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyr wrote: »

Yea I forgot to mention that. Ill add a annotation to the video thanks for catching that. >.>

• Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the chest leveling is a bug, though if you can show confirmation I will gladly edit my video. But again I am sure this is intended.
    Edited by Shimmer on February 5, 2015 4:58AM

• DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also you get 1, 2, or 4 points for pickpocketing depending on the difficulty of the target.
    I'm not sure about this. Open World Chests aren't owned just like most Containers in the wilds of Tamriel aren't owned either and therefore taking from them doesn't flag you for the Justice System. You are however still having to successfully Lockpick the chest and are only rewarded with the original Live 915 XP, some Gold, some loot and 1-3 points in Legerdemain. I hope ZoS doesn't change that because the Safeboxes act as the exact same type of "Container" code wise and that could end up making them give no XP, meaning those who just want to play with the Justice System wouldn't level the Champion System at all. I myself got 2-1/2 CP just getting Legerdemain to LvL 13 the week NA had access.
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    I'm not sure about this. Open World Chests aren't owned just like most Containers in the wilds of Tamriel aren't owned either and therefore taking from them doesn't flag you for the Justice System. You are however still having to successfully Lockpick the chest and are only rewarded with the original Live 915 XP, some Gold, some loot and 1-3 points in Legerdemain. I hope ZoS doesn't change that because the Safeboxes act as the exact same type of "Container" code wise and that could end up making them give no XP, meaning those who just want to play with the Justice System wouldn't level the Champion System at all. I myself got 2-1/2 CP just getting Legerdemain to LvL 13 the week NA had access.

I could be wrong, I actually started a thread asking Zos to be sure though.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/150299/regular-chests-providing-legerdemain-experience-bug-or-not#latest
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome. But as there is a skill in legerdemain that increases your chance of forcing locks, Im sure its working as intended. Clarification is always good :smile:

• Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its not a bug! im pilfering like a majestic ninja gazelle!
    Edited by Shimmer on March 4, 2015 1:50AM

• jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice video. I intend to max level the new skill tree.

Offtopic: I like your toon and your voice. ;)
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got in about 2 hrs ago im level 3!!! grinding chests now ...too bad i already got the 1000 chest acheive :(