The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Insane Overpowered Stamina Templar Template Build: Please Try It!

sabresandiego_ESO
sabresandiego_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
This build is intended for pvp. It is currently one of the strongest builds in PVP right now, capable of stun locking and killing most people in a single biting jabs. It is also incredibly tanky due to high spell res and armor and sun shield. This build can be made even stronger with live gear instead of template gear. Please test this build with template gear against other characters in template gear.

Build:
Imperial Templar
Everything Into Stamina
Warrior Mundus
Champion: 23 in warlord, 1 mooncalf, 23 in mighty, 24 in elemental defender
Max all passives, including undaunted, class, weapon, armor, etc
5 piece medium ophidian armor
2 piece heavy
3 piece jewelry set "twice fanged serpent" (you have to create a second template to get a second ring, because only 1 ring is in the backpacks provided by the templates) (this is the set that reduces armor and stacks up to 5 times)

With food, you should have 21875 health (in cyrodil) and 29034 stamina if you built the template correctly. Regens should be at 565 366 770. 1954 weapon damage without rally, 2323 with rally. 13.7 crit but 23.7 after using jabs. 15468 spell resist and 13468 armor.

2h:

Repentance
Rally
Stampede (snare for easier landing of biting jabs)
Biting Jabs
Blazing Shield
Empowering Sweep

1h + Shield:
Repentance
Resolving Vigor
Defensive Posture
Power of the Light
Blazing Shield
Ult: Doesn't matter

How to play:

The simple way to play this build is to cast rally for the buff and then stampede at someone and spam biting jabs. This alone will stun and kill 90% of people instantly. Against better players, you will use blazing shield to absorb and return damage in a big burst, power of the light to proc burning on your jabs, and Empowering sweep for added burst. You can also use defensive posture to reflect projectiles. To start with, just stampede, cast sun shield, and spam biting jabs and youll beat 90% of people instantly.

The damage is so incredibly high on this build, that a single biting jabs will instantly kill someone if you crit and get burning light procs. If they happen to survive, they will be stunned and be killed during their "break free" animation by your second biting jabs.

The only builds which should be able to beat this template build, are builds using live crafted gear that are also min maxed, such as a max magicka sorcerror pet or force shock build with mines in the hands of a good player. No template build is likely to beat this build.

Videos of a non- min/max hybrid being burst down faster than a stun break would even be possible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2R7Tingglk&feature=youtu.be

-note that in the videos 2 shields are up (hardened ward and harness magicka) and 2 heals are running (rally and vigor). The character still dies within seconds.

- Please note that the sorcerror is not fighting back, if he were the blazing shield would also explode, adding even more burst damage.

Please try this build and leave your feedback here.
Edited by sabresandiego_ESO on February 4, 2015 8:14PM
Ali Dreadsabre -Necromancer
Ali Sabre -Nightblade
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    blazing shield wont add that much burst if max health is only 21k
  • NoRefunds
    NoRefunds
    ✭✭✭
    biting jabs damage is a bit too high and the stunlock should be removed, but its still pretty hard to land it in melee range in normal pvp so its not completely broken imo
  • Arrowdir
    Arrowdir
    ✭✭
    why you use twicefanged serpent set with 2handred it only procs on dualwuield on lifeservers?
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NoRefunds wrote: »
    biting jabs damage is a bit too high and the stunlock should be removed, but its still pretty hard to land it in melee range in normal pvp so its not completely broken imo

You could say that about any melee ability, lol. Yes melee is at an inherit disadvantage as opposed to range.
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
  • madangrypally
    madangrypally
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont see the problem here. The sorc did not fight back like you mentioned.

Biting Jabs is pretty easy to counter and avoid especially on a ranged character. Melee characters can normally pretty easily avoid the damage as its a channeled attack.

Most biting jabs hit air and it is lucky to even have one of the hits land. This means the Templar is wasting their magicka doing nothing.

I would more prefer if ZoS fixed CC Break to be more responsive. IE: I CC Break means I have instant cc immunity and it breaks me out instantly. The only times I have died to something like a Templar Biting Jabs is when for some reason I could not break stun do to the crappy CC Break mechanic.

I can make a Nightblade, Dragonknight, and Sorcerer who could likely kill that player much faster, easier and at range than that Templar. There is a smear campaign against Templars atm.

• sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont see the problem here. The sorc did not fight back like you mentioned.

Biting Jabs is pretty easy to counter and avoid especially on a ranged character. Melee characters can normally pretty easily avoid the damage as its a channeled attack.

Most biting jabs hit air and it is lucky to even have one of the hits land. This means the Templar is wasting their magicka doing nothing.

I would more prefer if ZoS fixed CC Break to be more responsive. IE: I CC Break means I have instant cc immunity and it breaks me out instantly. The only times I have died to something like a Templar Biting Jabs is when for some reason I could not break stun do to the crappy CC Break mechanic.

I can make a Nightblade, Dragonknight, and Sorcerer who could likely kill that player much faster, easier and at range than that Templar. There is a smear campaign against Templars atm.

I agree that CC break should be instant and not play some silly animation. The break free animation helps the game feel unresponsive. You should try this build out. I am going to make a video soon one shotting everyone with biting jabs. This build is in no way balanced. It has extremely survivability too, with high defenses, strong heals, and damage shield.
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is what I have experienced in pvp yesterday and today (PTS) it is extreeemly strong. I believe, this is the most op damage build in the game (I am no Templar myself)

A Templar with this build was fighting me. He was causing a lot of preasure. The first time, he killed me after 1-2 seconds duel time. But then when I knew, he would play offensive, I was prepared and it was not that bad anymore. But still a loooot of presure and definately dangerous.

EDIT: :D pact mender, it's you. So YES, this is the build I was talking about. It's op.
    Edited by Dracane on February 4, 2015 7:47PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • madangrypally
    madangrypally
    ✭✭✭✭

Templars have been strong for a long time even before this update. Not many players could play them well enough to bring out their strengths though.

Update 6 is making them stronger which will make the great templars even stronger and a force to be reckoned with. There are counters for these type of Templars, but since Templars were never common they are still unknown. I will enjoy killing the new rush of Templars. lol.

Damage across the board is insanely high IMO and not just Templar.

Channeled abilities also come with some major drawbacks. If it comes to damage IMO channeled attacks should be greater then a cast attack which should be greater then an instant attack.

P.S: I do play a Templar but I play a Sorcerer more.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arrowdir wrote: »
    why you use twicefanged serpent set with 2handred it only procs on dualwuield on lifeservers?

Because the 2 and 3 piece bonuses for that set give extra weapon damage.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Rudyard
    Rudyard
    ✭✭✭
    Impressive. How does it hold up in larger situations, i.e. 10 v 10, 1vX, etc.?
    Deacon Grim
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Arrowdir wrote: »

Because the 2 and 3 piece bonuses for that set give extra weapon damage.

The 3 piece bonus gives armor penetration which stacks up to 5 times. It stacks extremely quickly with biting jabs.

Ali Sabre -Nightblade
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I fought that build. The dude was just running around outside Arrius last night wrecking people.
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love to hear more input from people who have tried the build.
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
  • Lavum
    Lavum
    ✭✭✭
    If i could make a suggestion if you haven't already. Post this build here:
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/forum/classes/templar-class/

Tamriel Foundry seems to be rather popular place to post and research builds.
    Don't say -"Cash Grab" when it is a "Cash Grab" by ZoS. Apparently "Cash Grab" is not PC.
  • Rudyard
    Rudyard
    ✭✭✭
    Came out to try it out, saw you on your sorc dueling another sorc. Killed several ppl real fast with it, didn't do as well versus other templars with blazing shield. But I'm the type that I've got to get comfortable with a build over several days before it really flows for me.

I noticed the majority of duelers, outside of the sorcs, were using either stamina or hybrid builds.
    Deacon Grim
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    power of the light to proc burning on your jabs
    Mind explaining this part of your build? Is there something about power of the light that I am unaware of?

V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Dodge rolls forward getting behind Templar, maybe even animation cancels talons to screw up your Jabs*
    *Talons again, just cause*
    *Whip, Unstable Flame*
    *Whip, Talons, Roll Dodge behind Templar*

Repeat until Templar is legally declared deceased.

#Win

In all seriousness looks like an impressive build, but highly ineffective against mobile targets or anyone with Damage Shields and self heals. So... Really other Magicka Templars and DKs, seems like it wouldn't fair all to well. Though in real encounters I can see this build being awesome in finishing people off when they're stunned.
    Edited by Panda244 on February 5, 2015 5:13AM
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This cant be rated. Try attacking that guy pls... could be that he falls as fast as you. Can't really imagine here anything btw, wasn't on the pts yet but such a video proofs nothing.
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rudyard wrote: »
    Impressive. How does it hold up in larger situations, i.e. 10 v 10, 1vX, etc.?

With that low health he should be a 1hit aswell. Putting pressure on him could be the simple solution.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did some dueling yesterday on pts, it was alot of fun, game feels better, more fun. BUT I think players burst is way too high compared to peoples average hp. TTK is way too fast. I killed some players in 3 spells.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Shiall
    Shiall
    ✭✭
    Channeled abilities also come with some major drawbacks. If it comes to damage IMO channeled attacks should be greater then a cast attack which should be greater then an instant attack.
    Well...you think that cast which can be interrupted with bash or venom arrow etc should deal less damage than bloody spear spam channeling which can be interrupted only by CC? REALLY?
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    *Dodge rolls forward getting behind Templar, maybe even animation cancels talons to screw up your Jabs*
    *Whip, Unstable Flame*

#Win

In all seriousness looks like an impressive build, but highly ineffective against mobile targets or anyone with Damage Shields and self heals. So... Really other Magicka Templars and DKs, seems like it wouldn't fair all to well. Though in real encounters I can see this build being awesome in finishing people off when they're stunned.

Andddd here it comes the DK.......
    Whip whip whip i do belive that the templar is not moving douring your whips
    Against a stamina build who can roll doge endlessly how your talons are working?
    Btw awesome build but like my friend here quoted says a initial close up stun will make it work even better.
    I do belive that staking sooo much stamina is not good for your blazing shield
    I use in live a stamina templar and the blazing shield is worthless if you go under 3k healt now i dont know how much 3k is on pts but i belive that (more or less) you need the same stats to be effective with BS
    And have you tryed against a perma block caster? Biting jabs dont proc bleading or other dots and in live i see all the jabs spammers dyng pretty quikly against a skilled player with unamovable in his bar
    Edited by Tonnopesce on February 5, 2015 10:24AM
    Signature

• Greed0s
    Greed0s
    Soul Shriven
    What would be the top race choices for a build like this?
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greed0s wrote: »

Dunmer I think, they get magicka and stam buffs.
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greed0s wrote: »

Dunmer I think, they get magicka and stam buffs.

Actually......... NONE atm since we dont know what ZOS want to do with the racial passives.....

But if you want to start doing it now choose a stamina class (Bosmer-Kajiit-Redguards-Imperials-Orcs-Nord)
    Signature

• Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Whip, Unstable Flame*

#Win

Andddd here it comes the DK.......
    Whip whip whip i do belive that the templar is not moving douring your whips
    Against a stamina build who can roll doge endlessly how your talons are working?
    Btw awesome build but like my friend here quoted says a initial close up stun will make it work even better.
    I do belive that staking sooo much stamina is not good for your blazing shield
    I use in live a stamina templar and the blazing shield is worthless if you go under 3k healt now i dont know how much 3k is on pts but i belive that (more or less) you need the same stats to be effective with BS
    And have you tryed against a perma block caster? Biting jabs dont proc bleading or other dots and in live i see all the jabs spammers dyng pretty quikly against a skilled player with unamovable in his bar

Does no one read my signature....?

Edit: I'll have you know my main is a NB.

Edited by Panda244 on February 5, 2015 12:37PM

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    After several tries I did beat the guy using this build but I will say the build is absurdly easy to make and requires little to no skill. When that templar build is on top of you it rips through shields and armor like a wet paper sack.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This build is intended for pvp. It is currently one of the strongest builds in PVP right now, capable of stun locking and killing most people in a single biting jabs. It is also incredibly tanky due to high spell res and armor and sun shield. This build can be made even stronger with live gear instead of template gear. Please test this build with template gear against other characters in template gear.

Build:
    Imperial Templar
    Everything Into Stamina
    Warrior Mundus
    2 piece heavy
    3 piece jewelry set "twice fanged serpent" (you have to create a second template to get a second ring, because only 1 ring is in the backpacks provided by the templates) (this is the set that reduces armor and stacks up to 5 times)

With food, you should have 21875 health (in cyrodil) and 29034 stamina if you built the template correctly. Regens should be at 565 366 770. 1954 weapon damage without rally, 2323 with rally. 13.7 crit but 23.7 after using jabs. 15468 spell resist and 13468 armor.

2h:

Repentance
    Rally
    Biting Jabs
    Blazing Shield
    Empowering Sweep

1h + Shield:
    Repentance
    Resolving Vigor
    Defensive Posture
    Power of the Light
    Blazing Shield

How to play:

The simple way to play this build is to cast rally for the buff and then stampede at someone and spam biting jabs. This alone will stun and kill 90% of people instantly. Against better players, you will use blazing shield to absorb and return damage in a big burst, power of the light to proc burning on your jabs, and Empowering sweep for added burst. You can also use defensive posture to reflect projectiles. To start with, just stampede, cast sun shield, and spam biting jabs and youll beat 90% of people instantly.

The damage is so incredibly high on this build, that a single biting jabs will instantly kill someone if you crit and get burning light procs. If they happen to survive, they will be stunned and be killed during their "break free" animation by your second biting jabs.

The only builds which should be able to beat this template build, are builds using live crafted gear that are also min maxed, such as a max magicka sorcerror pet or force shock build with mines in the hands of a good player. No template build is likely to beat this build.

Videos of a non- min/max hybrid being burst down faster than a stun break would even be possible

-note that in the videos 2 shields are up (hardened ward and harness magicka) and 2 heals are running (rally and vigor). The character still dies within seconds.

- Please note that the sorcerror is not fighting back, if he were the blazing shield would also explode, adding even more burst damage.

bookmarky von bookmarkian
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭

Build:
    Imperial Templar
    Everything Into Stamina
    Warrior Mundus
    2 piece heavy

2h:

Repentance
    Rally
    Biting Jabs
    Blazing Shield
    Empowering Sweep

1h + Shield:
    Repentance
    Resolving Vigor
    Defensive Posture
    Power of the Light
    Blazing Shield

How to play:

Well Sir you just mentioned one skill from templar behind radiant to be fixed, and thats jabs insanity stun :D
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome to 2 months ago Arcon...

Jabs stun WAS nerfed. so badly in fact now it essentially buffs the enemy with cc immunity at basically no cost or inconvenience to the enemy.