The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Petition: Pls upload EU charactercs copy BEFORE next PTS update (=ASAP)

Blackmoon777
Blackmoon777
✭✭✭
ZOS_JessicaFolsom admin
12:57AM Staff Post

olsborg wrote: »
When is char copy coming for EU chars?

We plan on doing the EU character copy the next time we patch PTS. We don't have a date locked down yet, but we'll keep everyone updated.

+1
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on January 28, 2015 11:53AM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Rologue
    Rologue
    ✭✭✭
    agreed... im not testing crap unless i get my own character to do so... its worthless otherwise
    Guildmaster of Decimation Elite
    "Take all that you can, and give nothing back!"
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We EU people will get our turn. Not possible to have US and EU the same time. I'm sure there would be many char name dublicates.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Blackmoon777
    Blackmoon777
    ✭✭✭
    Cant they add number to all EU chars so names will be different?
  • Carter_DC
    Carter_DC
    ✭✭✭
    Since VR14 templates don't have morphs from the get go, that would be really usefull indeed.
    plus i'd like to see my own stuff in order to really compare live vs pts...
    High Kinlady Estre was right ! Hail to the Veil !
    Fr AD Guild Arkadium.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syntse wrote: »
    We EU people will get our turn. Not possible to have US and EU the same time. I'm sure there would be many char name dublicates.

*why* exactly was it not possible, if they managed it for NA? Duplicates seem like a poor excuse for not even having a date yet.
    Edited by daemonios on January 28, 2015 12:37PM
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »

*why* exactly was it not possible, if they managed it for NA? Duplicates seem like a poor excuse for not even having a date yet.

AFAIK, never has EU and NA chars been on PTS at the same time. Chars are stored on the server. You play on EU your chars are on EU server, play on NA your chars are on NA server. When creating char it will be checked if that char name is already taken on server you play in. So both EU and NA can have Frodo TBaggings char but if you try to copy them both to same server there will be conflict.

Of course they could mess up the chars having _EU after the name or just simple add number 1 or so there when copying but I'm sure it's much simpler for them to just give each server its own turn.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »

AFAIK, never has EU and NA chars been on PTS at the same time. Chars are stored on the server. You play on EU your chars are on EU server, play on NA your chars are on NA server. When creating char it will be checked if that char name is already taken on server you play in. So both EU and NA can have Frodo TBaggings char but if you try to copy them both to same server there will be conflict.

Of course they could mess up the chars having _EU after the name or just simple add number 1 or so there when copying but I'm sure it's much simpler for them to just give each server its own turn.

Other games handled that just fine. Add a script that renames the 2nd character by adding a random number behind it, done.

Thats how it was in age of conan. It was no problem at all with duplicate names.
    Edited by xMovingTarget on January 28, 2015 12:58PM
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, the gear you get as part of the template is nothing like what I use in PvP. Where are sets like Seducer, Warlock, Akaviri, Potentates, etc...
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to craft them, or 'buy'/'acquire' them, or just wait until our EU chars are copied again.
    Edited by LegendaryMage on January 28, 2015 1:29PM
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We EU people will get our turn.

No. They said "next PTS update" - since there is absolutely no evidence that the PTS will be upgraded before going live, there's zero reason to except an EU transfer in any near future.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »

No. They said "next PTS update" - since there is absolutely no evidence that the PTS will be upgraded before going live, there's zero reason to except an EU transfer in any near future.

So you think they will not even do one update before pushing this live? Really?
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »

I would expect that to happen next week...
    The Moot Councillor
  • ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, all. We still plan to do the EU character copy during the next PTS patch. We don't have a date to share, but it's certainly something we plan to do so that you'll be able to use your EU megaserver characters to test all the new content in 1.6. We'll update you with more information as soon as we can.
    Jason Leavey
    Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, all. We still plan to do the EU character copy during the next PTS patch. We don't have a date to share, but it's certainly something we plan to do so that you'll be able to use your EU megaserver characters to test all the new content in 1.6. We'll update you with more information as soon as we can.

I don't mean to be rude, but once again ZOS comes across as callous and inconsiderate to a significant portion of the player base.

I tried testing my current build as soon as I managed to get PTS installed. But with different gear, no morphs and as a werewolf (really? why are all templates werewolves by default??) I got to zero conclusions.

Please DO update us with more information, namely a date for the character copy.
  • Soliquid
    Soliquid
    PTS is a draft right now, playing with template is just a pain cause of all the mistakes or no explanation at all in the competence three, the impossibility to morph without boring bash mob, and the impossibility to craft any valuable items... i spend the all day on the pts with guild mates. It wouldn't have been such a waste of time with our characters and maybe we would have helped you through bug report. I can believe you played a single hour on it before release, it's just a cluster f*** oh no sorry looting bear on a pig was the way you intended to make cooking more realistic ^^
    Edited by Soliquid on January 28, 2015 3:20PM
    Beta testeur non rémunéré
  • Quintal
    Quintal
    ✭✭✭
    I have to agree on this, ZOS should just add some random letter for EU player names and it's done.
    ''Subscription fee means that we will offer players the game we set out to make, and the one that fans want to play. Going with any other model meant that we would have to make sacrifices and changes we weren't willing to make.''
    -Matt Firor
    Nick Konkle no longer part of ZOS
    Maria Aliprando no longer part of ZOS
    Paul Sage no longer part of ZOS