The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Yea I gotta say, the Impen change has made PvP way worse on PTS

Xsorus
Xsorus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Pretty much its stack crit or go home now..as i'm not even sure Impen works..and if it does i can't imagine what the damage without it would be.

I mean..I've eaten 10k crits from multiple things....That's with Crit Resist on every piece + crit resist from the Champion lines..so either its not reducing crit damage, or something is seriously out of wack.

• Kybotica
    Kybotica
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget that the way armor types work has drastically changed. If you're expecting to soak up crits wearing full light armor, this is likely no longer feasible. If you're in heavy and still taking numbers like that, well, looks like there will be a need for improvement.
    M'iaq the Honest- PC/NA
    EP Khajiit Nightblade
    Guild of Shadows
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wear 5 medium/1 light/1 heavy

Even when I did my 5 Heavy Setup I still was getting demolished in seconds
  • Kybotica
    Kybotica
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a siphon heavy armor nightblade, and plan to test myself out in cyrodiil tomorrow anyhow. I'll post here when I get some results. Did you usually spam block, and now you're not doing so? Just trying to figure out what else might be affecting the damage you're taking.

Anyways, I'll let you know how I fare. My set in the live version is pretty tanky, uses two handed swords, and survives pretty well. Siphon nightblade.
    M'iaq the Honest- PC/NA
    EP Khajiit Nightblade
    Guild of Shadows
  • Feidam
    Feidam
    ✭✭✭
    Some skills seem to be scaling too well. A friend and I were duoing and he was getting 21k hits from stealth on wrecking blow. Most of his other attacks from stealth were landing between 13k and 15k. My soul assault ultimate is channeling for 20k. Some that is just plain crazy.
    Edited by Feidam on January 28, 2015 5:53AM
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kybotica wrote: »
    I'm a siphon heavy armor nightblade, and plan to test myself out in cyrodiil tomorrow anyhow. I'll post here when I get some results. Did you usually spam block, and now you're not doing so? Just trying to figure out what else might be affecting the damage you're taking.

Anyways, I'll let you know how I fare. My set in the live version is pretty tanky, uses two handed swords, and survives pretty well. Siphon nightblade.

Try it out tomorrow..you'll be amazed at how fast you can instantly die
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah I tried out my DK tank, put him back in heavy armor and went to see what he could do. To my surprise I was lasting longer in fights on my Sorc then on him. I don't know why, got to tweak a few things maybe.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess that all of the Sorc/NB complaining convinced them to turn PVP into more of a crit oneshot feast than the stealth bow thing had already made it.
    Edited by timidobserver on January 28, 2015 6:13AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess that all of the Sorc/NB complaining convinced them to turn PVP into more of a crit oneshot feast than the stealth bow thing had already made it.

Which is hilarious, because Radiant Mage Light pretty much completely negates Stealth Bow shots on PTS right now..I'm talking normal 5k-10k lethal Arrows hitting for 2k max.

• Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Damage scaling seems way off . Broken . The change to impenetrable and the boost to crit seems to have created a double negative effect on defense builds . The numbers must be crunched on this ! Who still own a calculator ?
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feidam wrote: »
    Some skills seem to be scaling too well. A friend and I were duoing and he was getting 21k hits from stealth on wrecking blow. Most of his other attacks from stealth were landing between 13k and 15k. My soul assault ultimate is channeling for 20k. Some that is just plain crazy.
    That's actually about the same as now on Live. In DPS gear my Soul Assault is about 2K. When you figure in the x10 scaling of most everything then 20K is basically no change from before. Health doesn't seem to have scaled a full x10 so that could be an issue. I'm sitting at ~26K Health in PvP gear standing in Cyro with the Battle Spirit buff but zero abilities on my bars and no points spent in CS. I have ~3300 on Live (which would be 33K on PTS if it really was x10 scaled). My gear is 5pc Impen (I'm using EG set and don't have it in Impen).

The irony is if Players are stacking as much crit as possible on PTS then they should be absolute glass canons as it'd be difficult to have much of any Impen gear on. Granted if they kill you before you can even react then I guess it won't matter how squishy they are lol.

EDIT: I just checked my Tank gear (outside Cyro) and also have ~26K Health so it's apparently scaled correctly. On Live I have pretty much the same Health in PvE Tank gear as I do in Cyro in PvP gear.
    Edited by DeLindsay on January 28, 2015 7:08AM
  • Feidam
    Feidam
    ✭✭✭
    Health pools don't seem to be as high as some skills can burst. That's a problem in my mind. PVP is stale if you can one Shot from stealth all the time.
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭

Wrecking blow always was the best skill for Sneak attack. It deals 3x damage like any other 2 Handed attack, while any other skill (NON 2 handed) deal 2x max. Nothing changed here.
    Edited by killedbyping on January 28, 2015 7:00AM
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big surprise there...Pretty much everyone should have seen this issue coming as soon as they announced the Impen change. Everyone but the devs at Zenimax I guess.

Responsiveness in PvP is just not there to have survival pretty much completely rely on perfect execution of active defenses.
  • supernico
    supernico
    ✭✭✭
    1.6 changes are focused 100% on PVE ignoring how it will affect the PVP. To me it looks like they want to turn DK into pure tanks, NB/Bow into pure dps/burst, templar into pure healers and sorcs support. Everyone will stack on friendly negates in 1.6.
    Supernico - VR14 DragonKnight - Daggerfall Covenant - Former Emperor

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh wait, you can crit again in a MMO(RPG)?

How is this a bad thing? :smiley:

I do agree time-to-kill should be higher (as long as block+heal/dmg shields is nerfed), but removing crits isn't a smart way to do that.

Besides, you get the highest burst damage by stacking weapon dmg/stamina now (not crit %), as there's no soft caps anymore.
  • GreyBrow
    GreyBrow
    ✭✭✭✭

Please L2Math and then come back

21k crits from steath = 2100 crits from steath on live. This is common.

13k and 15k crits from steath = 1.3k and 1.5k. This is normal.

20k Soul assault = 2000 soul assault. This is normal.

Check your health? Do you have 16k health?

If you do, that is equivalent to 1600 health on Live.

L2Math plox
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreyBrow wrote: »

L2Math plox

Agree. People are freaking out of numbers and stuff not working as they used to work even before they have properly tested and tried things out and found the new ways to counter the changed skills.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    roechacca wrote: »
    Who still own a calculator ?

You're welcome

• kenpachi480
    kenpachi480
    ✭✭✭
    Have you guys spend thought that it might be due to new passive in championsystem

- Thick Skinned - reduce dmg taken from AOE
    - Resistant - Reduce the dmg taken from crit hits

if you got 0 points in it, its just the baseline your skill passives/skills/gear (impen) produce right and that aint much

>?
    Pain and Dead are the cost to the enjoyment of Battle

Captain Otter Wildwater - DK - V12 - EP
    GoS Vassal - Templar - V16 - EP
    Captain Izanagi Tsukiko - Sorc - still lvling - EP

Best selfclaimed Healer of Ebonheart Pact NA
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regards the low hps:
    We updated the ratios on all stats. Items and stats now give 10% more health than magicka and stamina, when they previously gave 50% more.
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a number of things, not just impen change that makes the TTK ridiculously fast in pvp now, I made a thread detailing what I think the problems are.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭

L2Math plox

That's not true, my character has ~3200hp in cyrodiil on live, ~20k on pts
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    McDoogs wrote: »

L2Math plox

Correct, they nerfed overall health by around 40% (not sure why).
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

L2Math plox

I guess they wanted the already fast TTK to be even faster? It gives us a lot more time on the horse-riding simulator.... :/
  • Feidam
    Feidam
    ✭✭✭

L2Math plox

The damage numbers add up, but the health does not. By your math I should have around 26k health but I do not. Sitting at 20k health. Something is off with health from before.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

L2Math plox

I guess they wanted the already fast TTK to be even faster? It gives us a lot more time on the horse-riding simulator.... :/

It's all an evil plan to get us to buy soul gems from Cash Shop (since we'll be spending more of them).
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭

L2Math plox

It's all an evil plan to get us to buy soul gems from Cash Shop (since we'll be spending more of them).

Diabolical!
  • Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭
    overall health was reduced, damage was not. no wonder everyone dies faster.
    i am not sure if they intended that, though.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

L2Math plox

Want to say that I vaguely recall someone (maybe Paul Sage?) saying shortly before Christmas that they felt it was too easy to build HP and wanted us to work for it more.
    Maybe there was something in the comment about having paid attention to what skills people were slotting for bonuses or something? Having trouble with the recall at the moment; could also be incorrect, memory is vague.

Have a build on Live that has around 4k hp in Cyrodiil, not looking forward to this change but will adjust.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »

L2Math plox

Want to say that I vaguely recall someone (maybe Paul Sage?) saying shortly before Christmas that they felt it was too easy to build HP and wanted us to work for it more.
    Maybe there was something in the comment about having paid attention to what skills people were slotting for bonuses or something? Having trouble with the recall at the moment; could also be incorrect, memory is vague.

Have a build on Live that has around 4k hp in Cyrodiil, not looking forward to this change but will adjust.

Too easy to build HP?

I think the real problem might be it's too easy to spam dmg shields/heals while dishing out damage.

Just saying :/