The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't Rank Up

Wulfespirit
Wulfespirit
✭✭
VR3 NB who now has 1.457 million experience (more than full bar) when the line for VR4 is 1.432. Everytime I earn experience "Veteran Level Up" flashes on the screen. I open my character tab and.. still rank 3. Tried restarting the app twice makes no difference. No attr/skill point rewarded either.

Seems to be stuck.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same thing happened to me today. I was looking forward to leveling to VR5 and should have reached that point this afternoon. I too got the "Veteran Rank Level Up message", but it still shows me as being a VR4. Also, if I hover over the Veteran bar, it shows I have more points than needed to reach the VR5 level. I noticed some Guild chat today of others having the same problem.
    Edited by Ashtaris on November 11, 2014 1:42AM
    Options
  • Wulfespirit
    Wulfespirit
    ✭✭
    I've tried cyrodil, kllling mobs, turning in quests, and exploration xp. All register as XP but none will push my rank to 4. The "rank up" message still appears everytime I gain any xp though.
    Options
  • mymarki
    mymarki
    Soul Shriven
    Same with me, I am stuck at V5, every time I gain exp I get the V level up notification but nothing more.
    Options
  • Wulfespirit
    Wulfespirit
    ✭✭
    They'll be losing a sub tonight if this post or my support ticket doesn't get addressed... pretty amateur stuff here...
    Options
  • Anvos
    Anvos
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue here in going from v12-13
    Options
  • brandon
    brandon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't worry to much about it. It is probably just a display error or something. When they fix it then it will probably give you the amount of xp you earned during this bug.
    Options
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was about to create a new thread.

Every kill "Veteran Rank Up" and still stuck on VR9.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
    Options
  • Wulfespirit
    Wulfespirit
    ✭✭
    How can it be a display error when we don't receive an attribute or skill point?
    Options
  • jschlotterub17_ESO
    jschlotterub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same problem with one of my characters. I am at max. VR1 and get the same message that I have advanced to VR2 every time I kill a mob. But when I look at my character page, I am still at VR1 xp bar full. Kill another mob and get the same message, repeat... But no skill point/attribute point awarded, no email saying I have advanced to VR2. This character is now dead in the water until they fix this. It is not a display problem.
    Options
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey folks,

We're taking a look into this now. Can you please let us know which megaserver you're playing on?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Heartcarver
    Heartcarver
    Soul Shriven
    North America
    Options
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA, I'm on the North American server.
    Options
  • kicha123
    kicha123
    Soul Shriven
    Same here, can't advance from 2VR to 3VR. European server.
    Options
  • FunkyDudel
    FunkyDudel
    Soul Shriven
    Having the same problem, along with other people on the EU megaserver.. currently stuck in limbo between vr2 and vr3..
    Options
  • rabs33
    rabs33
    Soul Shriven
    Same, stuck at VR2. North America megaserver
    Options
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same, stuck, NA server. XP on UI is incorrect - you have made all our xp require 4 million to rank up.
    Options
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone. We'll keep checking into this!
    Edited by ZOS_GaryA on November 11, 2014 2:25PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. We'll keep checking into this!

@ZOS_GaryA - read this -
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Winnower wrote: »
    Amazingly, even more is messed up than it was before - xp for vet levels has gone from 1,500,000 to 4,000,000.
    @Winnower is this appearing in the UI as well? My theory is that Update 5 set it to 4,000,000 by accident but the UI still said 1,432,550, and now the UI has caught up with the error.

This could explain why it's taking two to three times longer to level than it should be, and would explain this picture if 4,000,000 is the actual requirement.
    Sheaden wrote: »
    s6aWd7Z.jpg

This therefore seems like a bug in which 4,000,000 was actually implemented instead of 1,432,550, which explains the slower levelling, and is also consistent with the rate of slower levelling - 4,000,000 is 2.7 times 1,432,550, and reports say it's taking ~2.7 zones to rank up.
    Options
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Note the numbers on the xp bar (grey bar under health bar) vs what the UI says.

h9usegeesbhkhax.jpg

That's because the grey bar is working out what I have as a percentage of total required, Wykkyd's shows I have 11% xp on my bar (which is what I would have if the xp needed was really 4 million to level)...so the grey bar calculates that percentage and tells me that in numbers, and you can see the progress on that bar vs what it was the previous day. The day before this I had 33% of my level with the same numbers...today I have 11%.

TL;DR: you guys have set required xp for one VR level to 4 million instead of 1.4 million.

BEFORE:
    4j74eh1wwrbvm2b.jpg

AFTER:
    w45emhf7x89jgk5.jpg
    Edited by babylon on November 11, 2014 3:44PM
    Options
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU megaserver

pMOaxdp.jpg
    Options
  • dvstansb14_ESO
    dvstansb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This just happened to me on NA server. Stuck at VR10, should be VR11. Keep getting occasional notifications that I've leveled up.
    Options
  • Rastapasta
    Rastapasta
    ✭✭✭
    Same here EU server.
    After each kill message " Veteran level up"
    the real lv up didn't happen.
    Options
  • Danisheraser
    Danisheraser
    ✭✭✭
    Playing on the european megaserver. Can't rank up from V11 to V12. Please for gods sake fix this ASAP!
    Options
  • Bandras
    Bandras
    Same here.

North American megaserver from VR1 to VR2.
    Options
  • Sheaden
    Sheaden
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GaryA Same thing happened to me last night North American Megaserver from V11-V12. Any updates on this?
    mKJakRR.jpg
    Edited by Sheaden on November 11, 2014 7:12PM
    Options
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    babylon wrote: »
    Note the numbers on the xp bar (grey bar under health bar) vs what the UI says.

h9usegeesbhkhax.jpg

That's because the grey bar is working out what I have as a percentage of total required, Wykkyd's shows I have 11% xp on my bar (which is what I would have if the xp needed was really 4 million to level)...so the grey bar calculates that percentage and tells me that in numbers, and you can see the progress on that bar vs what it was the previous day. The day before this I had 33% of my level with the same numbers...today I have 11%.

TL;DR: you guys have set required xp for one VR level to 4 million instead of 1.4 million.

BEFORE:
    4j74eh1wwrbvm2b.jpg

AFTER:
    w45emhf7x89jgk5.jpg

Both me and a friend have noticed this as well in the past few days. I think it's just since 1.5.3 actually. Addons are showing 4 million required XP and the % is based on that. The regular UI shows the correct amount if hovering over the XP bar though, so I'm not sure if it's just an addon problem or what.

I'm on the NA server.
    Options
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6tqb1rrbr8a6.png

Screenshot of what I'm seeing
    Options
  • Heartcarver
    Heartcarver
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, the bar shows the right amount. However your xp still goes past the bar and you dont rank up. Addons wouldn't stop you from physically leveling. Every time I get xp, it states I am VR3, bar flashes, then it drops back down to 2 with no point.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

We have identified the issue where you are unable to level up to a higher Veteran Rank even though you are continuing to gain XP. We are working on a fix for this as quickly as possible, but please be aware that you are not losing any XP by playing in the interim. Once we roll out the fix, all you’ll need to do is earn one point of XP (by killing a monster or discovering a town) and you’ll rank up to the correct Veteran Rank and receive skill points owed to you.

Also, we have heard your concerns about the overall amount of time it takes to earn Veteran Ranks, and are planning to reduce the amount of XP required to earn a Veteran Rank to 1,000,000 XP from 1,432,550 XP, decreasing the amount of time it takes to gain a Veteran Rank by a third. We’re aiming to have this available to you in our next patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • orfindel37
    orfindel37
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem here trying to go from V1 to V2. North American server.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.