The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Werewolves still to be at a disadvantage

bosmern_ESO
bosmern_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Before I go on, I want to say I'm very grateful for ZoS improving WW and it shows that they are making them better.

I'm not complaining about any of the updates for WW, I'm complaining about what they're not getting. To me, and most other players who have experienced being a WW and how hard it is, WW's will always be at a disadvantage because of their transformation.

How is it fair that Vampires get to use Vampire abilities with every other ability though they don't need to transform into a Vamp?

The only way I see that will make a WW more balanced is to allow them to have free transformation during the night (this is in and out of WW form). If I remember correctly there is 3 hours of daylight and 1.5 hours of night in ESO.

I think all Werewolves can agree that not having to charge tons of ultimate (that could be used for other ultimates at much better situations) will really help bring Werewolves up to speed. Especially with the recent updates.

I really don't see how being able to go in and out of WW form at night would be bad, they are much bigger then all other players (about the size of a person on a horse) and you could easily prep your bar with silver bolts/poison if you see one charging at you.

PLEASE ALLOW FREE TRANSFORMATION DURING NIGHTS ZoS!!!
~Thallen~
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    Fresh from the PTS, here's my thoughts on the changes and my experiences of testing them.

-None of the new abilities are able to be leveled up?

-Pack Leader morph seems to not add to timer when gaining ult for the user, only for allied werewolves in the vicinity. Wont see much use if this is intended.

-Transformation time seems quicker, possibly?

-Devour cooldown seems to have been drastically reduced, given enough enemies to devour one can keep up WW form indefinitely it seems. (WOOHOO)

-Also, SPRINTING ON ALL FOURS!!!! IT'S HERE! Albeit, it's a bit buggy. Sometimes it works, sometimes it stops. Then I'll die or something and it will work again. Regardless, it looks beautiful. Just needs some tweaking.

So there's what I noticed. Happy hunting, wolves :)
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eh, Vampire is on the down and down. A new nerf every update, whereas Werewolf is on the up and up. A new buff every update.

Also, vampire is pretty much locked out of the newer endgame content. Don't even bother with Veteran City of Ash or Veteran Dragonstar Arena.

As it stands, the only benefits to vamp are the sneak speed and batswarm. Batswarm has been nerfed on the PTS and will probably continue to be nerfed every other update.
    Edited by timidobserver on October 14, 2014 2:34AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Ilven
    Ilven
    I am not convinced that the changes made to the werewolf make it playable.
    The cost of ultimate is still too high, especially compared to other.
    The bulk of the damage inflicted are bleeding from 10s, I doubt that inflict a tick from about 38 damage per second for 10 seconds makes us dangerous, but rather will make us ridiculous compared to other skills that inflict instant 800 + damage (see crystal fragment for example)
    Hircine's Bounty, how nice a cure sinned which is based on magika.
    Infectious Claws, usually, useless damage from bleeding and base damage of the skill rather low, which is also the morph treatment has the tooltip bugged and does not say what effectively Healed.
    Whereas the werewolf is an ultimate, once activated should give my character a help in killing or survive the enemy attacks.
    at present, even with this pach, or perhaps even more than before, given the improvements to the skill of the arc line (which still needed) the werewolf is only a malus useful only to make easy points to the other players.
    where are the long-awaited passive they should, even if only partially work in humanoid form?
    P.S. the new run animation occasionally does not work
    Edited by Ilven on October 14, 2014 8:35AM
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the Berserker change is currently pure nerf.

the bleed doesnt work at all if you are actually attacking mobs.
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the Berserker change is currently pure nerf.

the bleed doesnt work at all if you are actually attacking mobs.

I've heard there were a good amount of bugs (which I'm sure they will fix most if not all when it goes live) for WW. I haven't exactly been able to get onto the PTS and try them out completely.
    ~Thallen~
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    Ilven wrote: »
    [snip]...

The new run animation works fine, it's just a bit odd to figure out. Whenever it doesn't work, it's because your weapons (claws) are 'unsheathed'.

Hit the 'Z' button to 'sheath' you claws, as that is causing you to not be able to sprint on all fours. Follow these instructions and you'll notice the sprinting on all fours animation works perfectly. (I love every moment of it)
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilven wrote: »
    [snip]...

The new run animation works fine, it's just a bit odd to figure out. Whenever it doesn't work, it's because your weapons (claws) are 'unsheathed'.

Hit the 'Z' button to 'sheath' you claws, as that is causing you to not be able to sprint on all fours. Follow these instructions and you'll notice the sprinting on all fours animation works perfectly. (I love every moment of it)

Please report that on the PTS, then In will do the same, and hopefully it will get fixed so the werewolf will sprint on all fours at all times when sprint is pressed / activated.
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com