The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Feedback Wanted: New Audio Cue

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
We recently updated the sounds you hear when you attempt to perform an ability, but don’t have enough magicka or stamina. As this sound is significantly more noticeable than what we had previously, we want to get your feedback before we roll this out to everyone. Do you feel like this sound is too loud or distracting? Does it convey the message well? Is there anything we could do to improve the current sound, or do you feel the changes we made are suitable as they are now?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • EmeraldEyes
    EmeraldEyes
    ✭✭
    I think these new sounds are great. I was immediately able to tell I was out of mana and could adjust accordingly. The sound was not annoying and feels like the right mix of noticeable without breaking immersion for me.
  • Fissh
    Fissh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think these new sounds are great. I was immediately able to tell I was out of mana and could adjust accordingly. The sound was not annoying and feels like the right mix of noticeable without breaking immersion for me.

Actually, it's perfectly annoying :), if you catch my drift. A good thing :)

<X-Raided>
  • Woogawoman
    Woogawoman
    ✭✭✭
    Are they different for Magicka and Stamina? If so, my ear wasn't catching it (at least not yet).
    Aetherium Oblivion Alliance - 40+ Mature Gamers Guild (NA)
  • Kewljag_66_ESO
    Kewljag_66_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed them as well and each time i immediatly looked at my bars and saw i was out of stamina. After that when ever i heard teh sound i knew exactly what was happening.

I approve
  • Targolak
    Targolak
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds good! Better than the previous one, I'd say, which felt more like an annoyance than a noteworthy announcement. This one is more like, *BAM* "You can't do that," while the previous one was like *HISS-CLAP* "I just whacked you."

I approve.
    "These boots are meant for walking, and that's just what they'll do."
  • Cheesetooth
    Cheesetooth
    Soul Shriven
    It's a nice improvement and definitely not too loud or distracting. I approve as well!
  • mndfreeze
    mndfreeze
    ✭✭✭
    I also think its a perfect improvement and works well and as intended. I actually notice it now when im in the heat of battle when I try to do something and don't have the stam or magicka to fire it off, where as before I would get that half second burst of confusion on why something didn't work as my eyes moved to my bars and noticed I was out of said resource pool and realized that was why.

I also love the change for crystal shards so I know now when I have a free cast. Before I never could tell, ever when it was ready to insta-cast and it really affected my game.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds good, literally. Not too loud and tells me I ran out of a resource. Now cant wait for update 3 to have food AND drink work on making those bigger and regen faster.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Oberon
    Oberon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please, please, please, please, please get rid of the retina-burning-orb-of-permanent-player-blinding o.O from Inner Light.

Just remove it from the spell effects entirely--it's crazy bright on many monitors, is totally unnecessary and actually discourages me from logging onto my sorcerer :disappointed:

edit: PS--it's not even the right graphic for the morph. If you want to keep the orb-of-inducing-epilepsy o.O, keep it on the other morph. Inner Light is supposed to be, you know, Inner, not an orb that orbits around you causing blindness.
    Edited by Oberon on July 24, 2014 6:05PM
  • Mondrely
    Mondrely
    ✭✭✭
    Oberon wrote: »
    Please, please, please, please, please get rid of the retina-burning-orb-of-permanent-player-blinding o.O from Inner Light.

Just remove it from the spell effects entirely--it's crazy bright on many monitors, is totally unnecessary and actually discourages me from logging onto my sorcerer :disappointed:

edit: PS--it's not even the right graphic for the morph. If you want to keep the orb-of-inducing-epilepsy o.O, keep it on the other morph. Inner Light is supposed to be, you know, Inner, not an orb that orbits around you causing blindness.

I completely agree. I have been saying this same thing to myself for a while now. Also, the spell effect from Inner Light makes my sorc's eyes glow and it looks kinda weird.

• Saet
    Saet
    ✭✭✭
    They sound pretty good to me. The OOM has a slightly deeper more dull sound. I can tell them apart no problem.
    Saet - stam nb
    Hordak - magicka nb
    Demigorgon - stam sorc
  • Defatank
    Defatank
    ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed the first time I had it to go off and it was not by me purposely trying to do it. It was not annoying and blended very well with combat, just a little noise to let you know hey you don't have the resources for that.

I think they're good :)
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Set it so that addons can adjust which sound cue players wish to use. Or set it as an option in the menu.

I want louder sound, but some prefer what is there currently. Options like this that are easy to maintain during future updates are worth keeping, if only for a pleasing a few more customers.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Maximilian
    Maximilian
    ✭✭✭
    perfect, good as gold
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    The sounds are fine but does it have to be tied to the interface volume?

You recently added a clicking noise when you zoom in and out of the map which I find really grating. So much so that I turned the interface volume to zero since that was the only interface sound i ever noticed. Now I need to decide what's more important hearing a useful audio cue or avoiding the most irritating sound in game

An option to have map zoomed out to max on opening would be nice. I get that it sort of simulates unfolding a map but the default basically shows you what you can see without looking at a map so you always have to zoom out to get the information you want.
    Edited by Forztr on July 25, 2014 7:28PM
  • Kego
    Kego
    ✭✭✭✭

It is fine like it is. You can call it the drawback effect, for getting such an OP Ability for free. Serious, 20% Spell Crit Chance + completly Negate all Nightblades defenses. So OP that Skill. :wink:
    Edited by Kego on July 28, 2014 12:18PM
  • guybrushtb16_ESO
    guybrushtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    [/i]

Absolutely agreed. Everybody just seems to hate it and it's really annoying, please just get rid of the orb.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it entertaining how the poster before @guybrushtb16_ESO‌, @Kego‌ completely contradicts the 'everybody' comment.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • guybrushtb16_ESO
    guybrushtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find it entertaining how the poster before @guybrushtb16_ESO‌, @Kego‌ completely contradicts the 'everybody' comment.

Did you even read that post?

Regardless, "everybody" is of course an obvious hyperbole. Even if it were sparkling pink unicorns with shiny rainbows not "everybody" would hate, it, just 99.9% of the population. Ok, maybe not even 99% if it were unicorns, but something like that.

But really, if there is one thing we can take from it, it is *make more things optional!*. Maybe some people out there want to have the moving lantern effect, so by all means give it to them in the form of a toggleable item buff, but please don't make it mandatory for the single strongest semi-passive self buff that practically everybody will want to slot.
    Edited by guybrushtb16_ESO on July 29, 2014 12:51PM
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't know about the change and it actually made me look at what was going on so it has the desired effect of warning you . A good change indeed.